Gov. Greg Abbott announces he will push to pardon Daniel Perry who was convicted of murder

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
After a jury by trial found him guilty, unbelievable.

Less than 24 hours after a jury in Austin found Daniel Perry guilty of shooting to death a protester, Gov. Greg Abbott announced on social media Saturday that he would pardon the convicted killer as soon as a request "hits my desk."

The unprecedented effort, which Abbott announced to his 1 million followers on Twitter, came as Abbott faced growing calls from national conservative figures such as Fox News host Tucker Carlson and Kyle Rittenhouse, who was acquitted in the shooting deaths of two Wisconsin protesters in 2020, to act to urgently undo the conviction.

“Texas has one of the strongest ‘Stand your ground’ laws of self-defense that cannot be nullified by a jury or progressive district attorney,” Abbott said in a statement. “I will work as swiftly as Texas law allows regarding the pardon of Sgt. Perry.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
These guys are going full Fascist right now and the people need to take a stand, it's obvious that not even the courts or the law means anything to them. They're fueled by right wing hatred, Fox News and their ilk constantly stoke domestic terrorism. I hope protesters flood everywhere this Fascist pig resides, his home, his office, all of it.

Top Bottom
1 2