Guns are still America’s religion

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
a shooting at a bar wouldn't have been reported nationally a few years ago because that's just what drunk people do in our country

At least on Gunsmoke they take the shootout out in the street most times. Naturally shows like that (&, e.g., Deathwish 1~37, and any Charles Norris/Steve Segal movie) are about Justice, not about gun violence.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
At least on Gunsmoke they take the shootout out in the street most times. Naturally shows like that (&, e.g., Deathwish 1~37, and any Charles Norris/Steve Segal movie) are about Justice, not about gun violence.

It's pretty remarkable that according to one side the one thing that all instances of gun violence have in common is that it's not the gun.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I was coming back from a supply run, behind a JGC with a sticker with an AR-15-like firearm, and the caption was, "We don't call 911" ...

I was thinking, yeah, good idea, those fuckers don't do anything except stand around hassling parents.

1655490301921.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Grandpa's having a heart attack!

We don't call 911 – let me look up how they handle sick horses …

Hahahaha, JFC! I guess they just smoke grandpa and toss him in the landfill.

I got another good video too, some idiot with F*** Biden flags and stickers, what a pathetic piece of shit that guy must be, can you image that being your life?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Another day, another shooting.

Sadly, 3 ended up dying.

Kay Ivey, the state’s governor said:

On Thursday night, Gov. Kay Ivey of Alabama called the shooting “a tragic loss of life.”

“This should never happen — in a church, in a store, in the city or anywhere,” she said.

This was Kay Ivey a couple months ago:

We need more gun control, not less.

Yoused

up
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Some facts mentioned on a recent The Lever podcast. The Lever site and podcast is dedicated to corruption and following the money.

Presidents Ford, Reagan, and Carter pushed the assault weapons ban and Clinton passed it. Not exactly a partisan view prior to recently. By the numbers this reduced mass shootings. After the ban expired mass shootings tripled.

About 15 yeas ago California, Texas, and Florida had about the same rate of gun deaths. California gun deaths went down by 10% since passing stricter gun legislation. During the same period Florida and Texas loosened their restrictions and their gun death rates went up by 28% and 38%

Mass shootings have repeatedly caused Republicans to make the situation worse and Democrats to do nothing. A recent Harvard UCLA study concluded the number of laws loosening gun restrictions doubles in the year following a mass shooting when there are Repiublican controlled legislatures. When there is a Democrat legislature no significant gun legislation is enacted.

With everything the government is doing or not doing on this and so many other issues its starting to remind me of the scene in Office Space where Milton got fired but nobody told and him and due to an accounting glitch he continued to get paychecks and therefor show up to work. To remedy that situation they still didn't tell him but fixed the accounting glitch so he would stop getting checks and get the hint. Our government is 100% beholden to special interests and for the rest of us they fixed the accounting glitch.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Not a fan of our governor on a lot of things, but nice one on this.

Also a lot of info in the video showing Republican lead states and Republican lead cities within Democrat states have higher murder rates. But yeah, I'll give it to the rubes when they base it entirely on exact numbers when comparing CA with a population of 40,000,000 and Wyoming with a population of 12. By that standard CA is a death trap soon as you enter.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just an update on the Uvalde situation.

Apparently in that hour+ period police spent allegedly waiting for equipment to open the door or get keys… whatever the story is, it turns out the classroom door may have been unlocked the entire time.

The police are also refusing to turn over the body cam footage. I understand not releasing some of it, but certainly much of it probably does not display anything too sensitive for public consumption. And if it does, images could be censored. We have the technology. I thought the point of these body cams in the first place were to hold the police accountable.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
If you ever wanted an example of how hollow the claims about concern for mental health is ( only after a shooting it always seems ), look no further to Abbot & Texas. AFTER a shooting...

Days after the May 24 shooting, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott promised an "abundance of mental health services" to help "anyone in the community who needs it ... the totality of anyone who lives in this community." He said the services would be free. "We just want you to ask for them," he said, before giving out the 24/7 hotline number — 888-690-0799.

That's a tall order for a community in an area with a shortage of mental health resources, in a state that ranks last for overall access to mental health care, according to a 2022 State of Mental Health in America report.

Mental health organizations are assembling a collection of services to assist those who seek help in Uvalde. But there have been hiccups and hitches along the way.

There is worry that what's being offered is not coming together as fast or efficiently as it could be, and that it's being assembled without keeping in mind the community it serves: Many residents are lower income, and some may have difficulties with transportation, or are mainly Hispanic. Many are not accustomed to seeking out therapy, or are distrustful of who is providing it.

There wasn't the resources before, so how is it expected for there to be resources afterwards.

Just an update on the Uvalde situation.

Apparently in that hour+ period police spent allegedly waiting for equipment to open the door or get keys… whatever the story is, it turns out the classroom door may have been unlocked the entire time.

The police are also refusing to turn over the body cam footage. I understand not releasing some of it, but certainly much of it probably does not display anything too sensitive for public consumption. And if it does, images could be censored. We have the technology. I thought the point of these body cams in the first place were to hold the police accountable.
If that's true, it makes the Uvalde police look even worse.

No wonder all footage of the incident is being kept from the public.

If only that fabled ONE good guy with a gun had been there, instead of "a team of Uvalde police officers and school district officers".

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
If you ever wanted an example of how hollow the claims about concern for mental health is ( only after a shooting it always seems ), look no further to Abbot & Texas. AFTER a shooting...

There wasn't the resources before, so how is it expected for there to be resources afterwards.

If that's true, it makes the Uvalde police look even worse.

No wonder all footage of the incident is being kept from the public.

If only that fabled ONE good guy with a gun had been there, instead of "a team of Uvalde police officers and school district officers".
Last year about this time, Governor Abbott called a special legislative session. What was the emergency that required a special session?

Among a couple other things: Transgender kids in sports, CRT, making sure domestic violence teaching in school is opt-out for parents, social media censorship, and blocking abortion drugs.

In wake of the Uvalde shooting, despite the thoughts, prayers, and pledges for mental health improvements, Abbott is NOT supporting a special legislative session requested by Democrats.

Let that sink in. Right-wingers getting ”censored” on social media = an emergency. Kids getting gunned down in school: 🤷‍♂️

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Dead school children have become an acceptable consequence of no-limitations gun ownership.

That needs to be publicly driven home every single day.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539005390108622849/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539005393216622594/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539029296664150026/

Security camera images leaked from inside Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, where a mass shooting took place on May 24, reveal police officers were present with high powered rifles and ballistic shields, but stood around for over an hour, as 19 young students and two teachers were slaughtered. The two still images, captured from security cameras in the school, are just the latest pieces of evidence that directly contradict the official narrative provided by police shortly after the massacre.

The two images were leaked to local Texas TV station KVUE, the Austin-American Statesman, and the Texas Tribune, which have been able to assemble detailed timelines of police activity, or inactivity, during the mass shooting. KVUE reports the station was able to view the security camera footage but does not currently have possession of the video.

The KVUE reporter who saw the footage strongly hinted on his Monday night broadcast that someone helping to conduct the current investigation into the shooting allowed reporters to view the security camera footage in its entirety, which clearly shows cops just waiting around after they drew fire from the shooter. Numerous news outlets have been denied official access to the footage through public records requests.

Last night’s segment from KVUE, which is available on YouTube, includes an image that’s time-stamped from security cameras at 11:52 a.m. local time, as you can see in the screenshot above. You can also see the officers standing still and even just leaning against the wall, something they did for over an hour. The shooter first entered the school at 11:33 a.m., according to the Austin-American Statesman.
The image published by the Texas Tribune does not show the time-stamp but the news outlet reports it was taken at 12:04 p.m. local time. The Tribune reports that, according to the footage, police did not even try to open the doors to the classrooms, contradicting the version of events first told by police. The news outlet notes, “some law enforcement officials are skeptical that the doors were ever locked.”

The Tribune includes a detailed timeline, taken from the security camera footage as well as transcripts of police radio chatter. And after the gunman first fired shots at police, the Tribune reports gunfire could be heard at least three more times, at 11:40 a.m., 11:44 a.m., and 12:21 p.m., local time. The police didn’t budge, despite hearing those shots.

Police didn’t actually storm the classroom until 12:50 p.m., according to the Tribune. Parents waiting outside heard gunshots while desperately trying to get to their children during that agonizing hour.

There’s no word on whether the security camera footage will ever be released publicly, but that seems unlikely since the Tribune reports it includes footage of dead children being moved out into the hallway:

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539069000944078850/

What I have believed from the beginning
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539269689599266817/

Law enforcement authorities had enough officers on the scene of the Uvalde school massacre to stop the gunman three minutes after he entered the building, the Texas public safety chief testified Tuesday, condemning the police response as an "abject failure."

Police officers with rifles instead stood and waited in a school hallway for nearly an hour while the gunman carried out the May 24 attack that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

Col. Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, testified at a state Senate hearing on the police handling of the tragedy.

Delays in the law enforcement response have been the focus of federal, state and local investigations of the mass shooting.

McCraw told the Senate committee that Pete Arredondo, the Uvalde school district police chief, decided to put the lives of officers ahead of the lives of children.

The public safety chief began outlining for the committee a series of missed opportunities.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539290916359380992/
FFS

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The doors are designed to be un-lockable from the inside. So there’s no way it could be locked, information that you’d think the school’s own police department would KNOW. And not a single officer even TRIED the door.

NINE officers just outside the door within 3 minutes of it starting, with rifles, pistols, and body armor. And they didn’t do ANYTHING for AN HOUR?????

The police aren’t going to save us; the Supreme Court, as @JayMysteri0 pointed out, says the cops don’t need to protect anybody, even if the law requires them to. We need to get rid of the guns, period.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
NINE officers just outside the door within 3 minutes of it starting, with rifles, pistols, and body armor. And they didn’t do ANYTHING for AN HOUR?????

To be completely fair (I try to be fair even when I would rather not), most of the killing occurred before the blueliners arrived on the scene. Delays by the police may have resulted in maybe a couple more lives being lost, or perhaps none. At least one student used a classmate's blood to make herself look killed. By the time the police arrived, the shooting was nearly over.

Top Bottom
1 2