In other breaking legal news...

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
According to CNN, a verdict has been reached in the Gwyneth Paltrow skiing collision case. (In case you missed it, she was sued over injuries sustained in an accident at an Utah resort in 2016.) I hear Iron Man will swoop in to save the day if Paltrow loses.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not liable. Seemed like a farce, the plaintiff sounded like a cousin of the Trump family.

It’s easy to envy the power and money, but I bet they envy our normalcy. Had I been in her position, we probably would have had a beer and handshake and never heard from each other again. She gets dragged into a national celebrity court case, all because she committed the crime of trying to enjoy a vacation with her family.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not liable. Seemed like a farce, the plaintiff sounded like a cousin of the Trump family.

It’s easy to envy the power and money, but I bet they envy our normalcy. Had I been in her position, we probably would have had a beer and handshake and never heard from each other again. She gets dragged into a national celebrity court case, all because she committed the crime of trying to enjoy a vacation with her family.

Yeah, just saw that. I doubt if the suit would have been brought had the collision not been with someone with a deep pocket.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, just saw that. I doubt if the suit would have been brought had the collision not been with someone with a deep pocket.

wonder how high her legal bills were, and if he’ll have to pay them. I’m sure it’s way more than the $300k he was asking for.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
As an avid skier, I’ve chatted about this a bit on a ski forum. This guy’s list of injuries implied he’d been trampled by an elephant instead of a small woman.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I would argue that any person who owns a company named "Goop" that makes a vagina scented candle should be brought up on some sort of charges.
I wonder if she used goop on her skis to go faster?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
There’s a picture on CNN‘s website, showing Paltrow standing behind the man who sued her. It looks like she’s about to put her hand on his shoulder. I wonder what that was all about?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sanderson revealed to reporters outside the courthouse what she said.

“Her exact words: ‘I wish you well,’” Sanderson said. “Very kind of her.”

He said he responded, “Thank you, dear.”
Hard to know what to make of Paltrow generally. I’m Gen X and kind of grew up with her, and enjoy some of her performances. She certainly knows how to be charming and I think is shrewd. I hope she’s telling the truth with how it turned out. The legal bills are nothing to her but perhaps not to him. They’d be serious business to me.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Hard to know what to make of Paltrow generally. I’m Gen X and kind of grew up with her, and enjoy some of her performances. She certainly knows how to be charming and I think is shrewd. I hope she’s telling the truth with how it turned out. The legal bills are nothing to her but perhaps not to him. They’d be serious business to me.
Yeah it's hard to tell with her, great actress but her personal endeavors are a bit strange. That said, she doesn't deserve to be taken advantage of by what appeared to be a frivolous lawsuit, good for her for fighting it and winning.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
I would argue that any person who owns a company named "Goop" that makes a vagina scented candle should be brought up on some sort of charges.

My eyebrow is up more over the new age snake oil she's shilling than any scented candle, TBH.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I'm not really a GP fan, although I have no ill will towards her. But I think this was the right decision by the jury because it really just seemed that the plantiff wanted her money.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I'm not really a GP fan, although I have no ill will towards her. But I think this was the right decision by the jury because it really just seemed that the plantiff wanted her money.

Agreed. I am glad she fought it. Most people in her position would have just paid it and gone on. But she believed she did nothing wrong and fought it.

I wish more insurance companies would fight frivolous claims harder and the next person might not try.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
According to CNN, a verdict has been reached in the Gwyneth Paltrow skiing collision case. (In case you missed it, she was sued over injuries sustained in an accident at an Utah resort in 2016.) I hear Iron Man will swoop in to save the day if Paltrow loses.
I did not follow this closely but my impression was there were no witnesses and no cameras to record the incident? The both claim the other struck them.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
wonder how high her legal bills were, and if he’ll have to pay them. I’m sure it’s way more than the $300k he was asking for.
My recent exposure to hiring a lawyer (indirectly) makes me wonder how any average person could afford the bill for services rendered. I recognize the origin of the term blood suckers. :oops:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I did not follow this closely but my impression was there were no witnesses and no cameras to record the incident? The both claim the other struck them.
I don’t think there was definitive proof of who was at fault, though jurors have said they believed Paltrow’s version more than Sanderson’s. I also heard Paltrow's lawyers showed video and other evidence of Sanderson engaging in activities in the years following the accident that suggested much less injury than he claimed.

Top Bottom
1 2