Ketanji Brown Jackson just confirmed

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was watching my local Fox News affiliate and they went to the cable network for coverage and it was so somber, like someone just murdered their family. I mean a black Liberal woman? The only thing that would've made Republicans hate her more would've been if she were rolling around in a pile of welfare checks.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Y'all know what side I usually ... side on but ... I was sad to see:

"The vote means Jackson will take office at the end of the court's current term — likely in June or July — when Justice Stephen Breyer is expected to step down. Her appointment would not disrupt the current 6 to 3 conservative balance on the Supreme Court." Quote taken from https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...ketanji-brown-jackson-supreme-court-rcna23283

Was hoping for a shift more to center to help everyone. Oh well.

Me personally? I don't care what color your skin is or what gender you are - if you're a good fit for the job, go get it. She passed hearings and all the other stuff the other justices did right? So looking forward to reading her decisions/opinions on things - looks like she starts in June/July?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Y'all know what side I usually ... side on but ... I was sad to see:

"The vote means Jackson will take office at the end of the court's current term — likely in June or July — when Justice Stephen Breyer is expected to step down. Her appointment would not disrupt the current 6 to 3 conservative balance on the Supreme Court." Quote taken from https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...ketanji-brown-jackson-supreme-court-rcna23283

Was hoping for a shift more to center to help everyone. Oh well.

Me personally? I don't care what color your skin is or what gender you are - if you're a good fit for the job, go get it. She passed hearings and all the other stuff the other justices did right? So looking forward to reading her decisions/opinions on things - looks like she starts in June/July?
It's already shifted 6 to 2 for Conservatives, I would argue it's way out of balance as it stands. For Conservatives, they'll likely hold the majority for the rest of most of our natural lives.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's already shifted 6 to 2 for Conservatives, I would argue it's way out of balance as it stands. For Conservatives, they'll likely hold the majority for the rest of most of our natural lives.
Yeah, despite leaning .... that direction, I wish it was more central. A balance is best. :/.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Didn't watch the confirmation vote live. Just a clip of VP Kamala Harris announcing her confirmation by the full Senate. Really shameful how the GOP showed it's ass out during the Judicial hearings and from what I've read and heard, during the final vote. They should have just come out and shouted "I'm not voting for that Nigger!"

Let's see if Biden gets another chance before 2024. Not sure how much longer Uncle Clarence can last.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hopefully before this November, when there will be a real possibility that the [redacted] will regain control of the Senate.
We'll have to see. I think the Dems have a good chance to pick up seats in PA & NC. It would be hilarious if Herchel Walker wins the GOP nod in GA. But as dumb and clueless as he is (not to mention his moral depravity), he could win against Warnock simply because of his past as a sports star. If GA elects him that's on the voters.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1512139008838553625/

Keep in mind, I believe Scott is THE Black republican senator in congress.

That's quite a place to carve out for oneself in the history books over a vote.
I imagine it was something like this.

Ep3dHRNFoZ3NMAGnYTGcXgxRHci6565hCfmAC5aYR6Rj6cPuoAP92U1YTqQVqbzcXNc.jpg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the thing is no matter what judge it was the republicans would have acted the same way. like children who hate the shy kid.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Still sad, though not surprised, at the GOP’s racist political theatre during the hearings. They have an obsession with pedophilia to the point of fabricating her sentencing of child abusers - the whole point based on her actually doing a good job of going with the law. It’s highly ironic, but totally lost on the GOP base. Here, they had an opportunity to give an easily choreographed moment of pretending to be color-blind, and show their support for Jackson without losing anything. It would have been an easy and much-needed chance to provide the nation some bipartisanship during these turbulent times, and they would have lost nothing. They still have a 6-3 majority on the court. They will still probably make some gains during the midterms unless the democrats pull off an upset, which seems unlikely.

So they couldn’t even muster the little bit of decency. At this point, what does it matter if you’re a racist or just playing one to win votes?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Still sad, though not surprised, at the GOP’s racist political theatre during the hearings. They have an obsession with pedophilia to the point of fabricating her sentencing of child abusers - the whole point based on her actually doing a good job of going with the law. It’s highly ironic, but totally lost on the GOP base. Here, they had an opportunity to give an easily choreographed moment of pretending to be color-blind, and show their support for Jackson without losing anything. It would have been an easy and much-needed chance to provide the nation some bipartisanship during these turbulent times, and they would have lost nothing. They still have a 6-3 majority on the court. They will still probably make some gains during the midterms unless the democrats pull off an upset, which seems unlikely.

So they couldn’t even muster the little bit of decency. At this point, what does it matter if you’re a racist or just playing one to win votes?
They have allowed the far right fringe to take over the party. Through Facebook and Fox, the far right is becoming normalized on a daily basis. People used to wonder how the Taliban could be so popular. It’s happening right now in America.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Extraordinarily shameful not being able to muster up even a tiny bit of respect for Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson after her confirmation. Hat tip to Mitt Romney for sticking around and doing the right thing.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Extraordinarily shameful not being able to muster up even a tiny bit of respect for Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson after her confirmation. Hat tip to Mitt Romney for sticking around and doing the right thing.

Romney has shown himself to be a standup guy in a party full of racist bigots, it's worth remembering that he also marched with Black Lives Matter in the wake of George Floyd and his father was an outspoken civil rights advocate in the 60s.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Still sad, though not surprised, at the GOP’s racist political theatre during the hearings.
Not to be picayune (well, ok, to be picayune), but "theatre" is generally used to mean pretentious, such as "security theatre" meaning making a show of improving security without actually accomplishing anything. In this case, I firmly believe that the Rs are genuinely racists, not just acting like it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Didn't watch the confirmation vote live. Just a clip of VP Kamala Harris announcing her confirmation by the full Senate. Really shameful how the GOP showed it's ass out during the Judicial hearings and from what I've read and heard, during the final vote. They should have just come out and shouted "I'm not voting for that Nigger!"

Let's see if Biden gets another chance before 2024. Not sure how much longer Uncle Clarence can last.

Not just during the vote. Afterwards as well, cued by the disgraceful McConnell.

Not everyone shared in the joy of the day. As applause echoed from the marbled walls, Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the minority leader, turned his back and slowly walked out, as did most of the few Republicans remaining on the floor, leaving half of the chamber empty as the other half celebrated in a stark reflection of the partisan divide.

Top Bottom
1 2