LOL re: Durham

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

This the biggest scandal the republican turdburgers could come up with?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Obviously, the trial was rigged, and the jury corrupt.
Of course it was rigged.

As a seating supreme court justice & his wife have made cleared. If things don't go one way's side it was rigged & they have a right to be upset. On the flip side, if things go the way of that side then the other side has to be bigger persons and be able to accept disappointment.

It's what passes for the norm for one side of the ideological spectrum now. šŸ˜–

dukebound85

Power User
Reaction score

This the biggest scandal the republican turdburgers could come up with?
ugh, paywall

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Of course it was rigged.

As a seating supreme court justice & his wife have made cleared. If things don't go one way's side it was rigged & they have a right to be upset. On the flip side, if things go the way of that side then the other side has to be bigger persons and be able to accept disappointment.

It's what passes for the norm for one side of the ideological spectrum now. šŸ˜–

I heard they pulled jurists from a demographic that was 80% democrat.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I heard they pulled jurists from a demographic that was 80% democrat.

Given that it's hard to explain what the supposed crime is, and that there were no other witnesses or even contemporaneous notes about the supposed lie, I'd like to think that jury make-up wan't a big factor here.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Given that it's hard to explain what the supposed crime is, and that there were no other witnesses or even contemporaneous notes about the supposed lie, I'd like to think that jury make-up wan't a big factor here.

There are the facts, and then there are the excuses used to dismiss said facts.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
There are the facts, and then there are the excuses used to dismiss said facts.

Ok?

I think the point here is that the prosecution has the burden of proving a crime, and they couldnā€™t even prove the first element - that the statement which they allege to be a lie was even ever made. Not to mention that they couldnā€™t prove it was untrue.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Men have to wear makeup on jury duty too? Stupid woke mob...

Renzatic

Reaction score
Ok?

I think the point here is that the prosecution has the burden of proving a crime, and they couldnā€™t even prove the first element - that the statement which they allege to be a lie was even ever made. Not to mention that they couldnā€™t prove it was untrue.

You're discussing the merits of the case, while I'm discussing why it doesn't matter, because someone will always find a reason to doubt the outcome.

The most recent one is that the judge was a Hillary supporter, three jurors were Clinton campaign donors, one an AOC donor, and one has a child who plays on the same soccer team as Sussman's kid. Deep state conspiracy.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
In the past I always had a lot of respect for US Attorneys and believed they were above politics. Closely watching Durham after he was appointed changed that, and then bringing such a mice-nuts case to trial sealed the deal.

How much money was spent on this?

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
You're discussing the merits of the case, while I'm discussing why it doesn't matter, because someone will always find a reason to doubt the outcome.

The most recent one is that the judge was a Hillary supporter, three jurors were Clinton campaign donors, one an AOC donor, and one has a child who plays on the same soccer team as Sussman's kid. Deep state conspiracy.
Yeah I saw that nonsense in the Fox News report. Their report on this nearly inconsequential trial was the longest piece Iā€™ve ever seen on their website.

In the past I always had a lot of respect for US Attorneys and believed they were above politics. Closely watching Durham after he was appointed changed that, and then bringing such a mice-nuts case to trial sealed the deal.
And the fact that Bill Barr appointed him as a special prosecutor for something so inconsequential was clearly meant to be political payback for the Mueller Report. The Trump administration was one of the worst of all time for sure.

If Republicans take the house in 2022, they might re-investigate all of this again, or more likely they will move onto hundreds of investigations of Hunterā€™s laptop. If those donā€™t work out, thereā€™s always butter emails and Benghazi to fall back on.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And the fact that Bill Barr appointed him as a special prosecutor for something so inconsequential was clearly meant to be political payback for the Mueller Report. The Trump administration was one of the worst of all time for sure.

Exactly.

If that were handed to an Assistant US Attorney in any district, the response would have been, "Really? Did I do something wrong?"

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

You read the Fox comment section and thatā€™s exactly the reaction.

Itā€™s funny, as Ari Melber mentioned tonight, federal prosecutors donā€™t usually lose these cases. For this to be the first hurrah from that investigationā€¦ yikes. And the right is acting exactly the same as the left did after the Mueller report - angry, feeling like justice wasnā€™t done, etc. The left feels this investigation was a sham, the right feels the Mueller investigation was a scam.

Itā€™s incredible how everything just mirrors each other, and each side feels virtually about the same as the other, and as strong as convictions in each other.

The key difference being that the right is mostly wrong. šŸ˜‰

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
You read the Fox comment section and thatā€™s exactly the reaction.

Itā€™s funny, as Ari Melber mentioned tonight, federal prosecutors donā€™t usually lose these cases. For this to be the first hurrah from that investigationā€¦ yikes. And the right is acting exactly the same as the left did after the Mueller report - angry, feeling like justice wasnā€™t done, etc. The left feels this investigation was a sham, the right feels the Mueller investigation was a scam.

Itā€™s incredible how everything just mirrors each other, and each side feels virtually about the same as the other, and as strong as convictions in each other.

The key difference being that the right is mostly wrong. šŸ˜‰
The dangers of both-sides-ism. We had two special investigations. Muellerā€™s resulted in multiple arrests and convictions (the fact that Trump pardoned these people is rank corruption). Durhamā€™s is a nothing burger.

We should be relying on the facts, not mindlessly backing the tribe. The rampant corruption in the Trump administration is exactly the same as Hunter Biden trying to trade on his dadā€™s name? Itā€™s not even close, but it matters not to the ā€œLetā€™s Go Brandonā€ crowd.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I quoted you earlier, but I have to do it again after seeing Trumpā€™s ā€œTruthā€ (what the cult calls ā€œTweetsā€).

*Sidenote - American exceptionalism means you canā€™t ask why school shootings are unique to America (according to Cancun Cruz), but I guess all this horseshit is ok? I also notice Trump left off mass shootings from his list.

0D3F7476-F67C-433F-B631-308784099A00.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2