Musk: 40 hours per week in Tesla offices or else

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

This must be a real conundrum for the MR “Apple is terrible but Elon is awesome” crowd, since they were all over Apple for politely requesting that you show up to work 3 days a week.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

This must be a real conundrum for the MR “Apple is terrible but Elon is awesome” crowd, since they were all over Apple for politely requesting that you show up to work 3 days a week.
Nah there will be no conundrum. With hero worship, devotees instantly change their beliefs to match the hero with no sense of shame.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Musk cult is so strange
https __i.redd.it_wmjmpxf46dw41.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Get to work ... lazy SOBs ...

Oh, time for a lunch beer!

:ROFLMAO:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Do you think he smokes doobies and trolls Bernie Sanders from the office?

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or has Elon become more and more of a deplorable? I thought he was always more in line with the left (I know he recently came out as a Republican), but what changed him? Was it the money, or just general weirdness?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Between inflation, recession, and the fed announcing one of their goals is to raise the unemployment rate people will be begging for their shit jobs back in no time with zero leverage. So I guess it was fun while it lasted.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
His target audience, look at all those Teslas.

Trucks%20for%20Trump2.jpg
A question I have always had... Is there an etiquette on where the flags are placed on your truck? Where do you put the American flag, Trump flag, Red/Blue/Green line American flag, Don't tread on me flag? Is one spot greater than the others?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A question I have always had... Is there an etiquette on where the flags are placed on your truck? Where do you put the American flag, Trump flag, Red/Blue/Green line American flag, Don't tread on me flag? Is one spot greater than the others?
The position of honor is the location closest to the gun rack.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or has Elon become more and more of a deplorable? I thought he was always more in line with the left (I know he recently came out as a Republican), but what changed him? Was it the money, or just general weirdness?

Elon's a capitalist. He's talked about his Libertarian leanings in the past, and hasn't shied away from the Randian philosophy back then either. But he wasn't a celebrity billionare yet either. But I think the fact that he bought Tesla and built it into a PV/Battery company made folks believe he was more left leaning than he is as that's when he started getting more attention.

But really, he's just another capitalist that believes you can innovate your way out of society's ills. https://jacobin.com/2022/05/musk-tesla-robert-heinlein-libertarianism-technocracy

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
He’s a MIC defense contractor, there’s nothing “left” about him.

Left/right are not cultural terms, I wish people understood that Liberalism is an economic term as well.

You can’t be “left” AND a supporter of capitalism, they are mutually exclusive because the core of capitalism is exploitation of labor.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Left/right are not cultural terms, I wish people understood that Liberalism is an economic term as well.

You can’t be “left” AND a supporter of capitalism, they are mutually exclusive because the core of capitalism is exploitation of labor.
I'm believer in capitalism and think if balanced properly there's a place for good labor practices as well. I also believe in capital punishment, as in the case of the Buffalo shooter for example, we know he did it and it's cut and dried so he should be put to death when convicted. Not a popular belief among the liberal crowd, just as is calling for the execution of Putin or Hitler, I'll never understand how some can excuse mass murderers this way.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I think “I’m not against capitalism” is reflexively used in an attempt to not have a good percentage of people shut out anything said after that. It’s like “I’m not trying to take away your guns.” even though they’d probably want to. They just know it’s not going to happen.

Also those who have benefited the most from our current form of capitalism have done a pretty damn good job of convincing people there aren’t any variants of mixed systems. If you aren’t a fan of the current status quo then you must be a communist. Toss in most people only have a thin surface level definition knowledge of these systems they claim to love or hate. In the US specifically we’ve been brainwashed into believing absolutely everything we have and do is the best and there’s no close second place. Even if it’s an unquestionably shit system it’s still the best.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see the fallout from this, but right now it's the employees market...

My boss has been commenting on how everyone needs to start coming in three days a week. Being very polite about it, but the frequency of the commentary is increasing. I generally go in every day, anyway, but the offices have been pretty empty. Usually there’s nobody else on my floor other than a secretary.