Musk: 40 hours per week in Tesla offices or else

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My boss has been commenting on how everyone needs to start coming in three days a week. Being very polite about it, but the frequency of the commentary is increasing. I generally go in every day, anyway, but the offices have been pretty empty. Usually there’s nobody else on my floor other than a secretary.
Sounds like he's working with you guys and not being demanding, IMO it's a good approach. Prior to the pandemic I also liked going onsite to see clients as well just to get out of the house.

It turns out my company is also actively targeting Tesla employees for 100% remote work with sign on bonuses and all. There's so much work out there right now and we're all short handed.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And now this, his forcing people back into the office makes sense now that we his goal was to cut staff. It's a shitty way to handle it but if nothing else we've learned what a prick this guy really is over the last few months.

You only ever hear bad things about working there - discrimination lawsuits, him suing former employers who say they are whistleblowers, etc. Does anyone actually enjoy working there, I wonder?

I drive by their california headquarters every morning to take my kid to school, and I feel like you can almost hear the wailing of a thousand souls…

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You only ever hear bad things about working there - discrimination lawsuits, him suing former employers who say they are whistleblowers, etc. Does anyone actually enjoy working there, I wonder?

I drive by their california headquarters every morning to take my kid to school, and I feel like you can almost hear the wailing of a thousand souls…
i myself have always been interested in Tesla's, but once I started to read the stories about the racism & lawsuits I've been turned off.

I can't see myself supporting a company that actually has an area called "the plantation", where Black workers are sent. That and encouraging other groups such as Asian & Hispanic employees to openly be racist to Black employees as well.

• Moved unreasonably slowly to “clean up racist graffiti with swastikas and other hate symbols scrawled in common areas.”
Seriously. How the fuck does swastikas end up scrawled ANYWHERE in the work place, let alone take your time getting rid of it?

Pile that on with a seeming dick who seems to enjoy trolling far too much, if I ever got an electric car it wouldn't be a Tesla.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
i myself have always been interested in Tesla's, but once I started to read the stories about the racism & lawsuits I've been turned off.

I can't see myself supporting a company that actually has an area called "the plantation", where Black workers are sent. That and encouraging other groups such as Asian & Hispanic employees to openly be racist to Black employees as well.

Seriously. How the fuck does swastikas end up scrawled ANYWHERE in the work place, let alone take your time getting rid of it?

Pile that on with a seeming dick who seems to enjoy trolling far too much, if I ever got an electric car it wouldn't be a Tesla.
Yeah, if I had known in 2013 what I know now, I wouldn’t have bought the car. It sucks, because they make very good cars, but I don’t want to put any more money in Musk’s pocket.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah, if I had known in 2013 what I know now, I wouldn’t have bought the car. It sucks, because they make very good cars, but I don’t want to put any more money in Musk’s pocket.
Regardless of what side of the political aisle one is on, openly choosing a side alienates half of your base as the country is pretty much split down the middle.

Stupid for anyone/business, even Musk.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Regardless of what side of the political aisle one is on, openly choosing a side alienates half of your base as the country is pretty much split down the middle.

Stupid for anyone/business, even Musk.

Especially when a company is so personally-associated with you. And then you do things like take a loan against tesla so that you can buy Twitter, so that you can eliminate rules against hate speech and vaccine denial. So you announce all that and think that the majority of the country is cool with giving you money for that?

I *guess* his calculus may be that progressive people will buy his cars anyway, to help the environment, and now he needs to make inroads into the 40% of the country that thinks running cars on ”clean coal’ would be just nifty.

throAU

Site Champ
Reaction score
Given he's announced a hiring freeze and desire to shed 10% of employees, maybe this work from the office or quit rhetoric is his way of getting people to quit rather than having to make them redundant and pay them out.

As far as buying a Tesla goes - I was interested but now I think I'm more interested in a Kia EV6, as they have dealers everywhere and there's ONE Tesla dealer in Western Australia.

Last edited:

diamond.g

Site Champ
Reaction score
Given he's announced a hiring freeze and desire to shed 10% of employees, maybe this work from the office or quit rhetoric is his way of getting people to quit rather than having to make them redundant and pay them out.

As far as buying a Tesla goes - I was interested but now I think I'm more interested in a Kia EV6, as they have dealers everywhere and there's ONE Tesla dealer in Western Australia.
The EV6 is quite nice.