Recommendations for investment forums

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I‘m going to start considering some investment changes. Does anyone here belong to an online investment forum? I’ve never tried. I think most here are pretty sane so good recommendations from this community would be appreciated.

To be clear, we have a financial advisor, but that’s one of the changes I’m considering.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I‘m going to start considering some investment changes. Does anyone here belong to an online investment forum? I’ve never tried. I think most here are pretty sane so good recommendations from this community would be appreciated.

To be clear, we have a financial advisor, but that’s one of the changes I’m considering.
Are you looking for where to invest, or how to go about growing wealth? I used to frequent FI/RE sites, but although I changed some of my habits, I'm not able to really go for broke.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you looking for where to invest, or how to go about growing wealth? I used to frequent FI/RE sites, but although I changed some of my habits, I'm not able to really go for broke.
A little of both. We’re on track for retirement, statistically speaking, but looking at options for sharpening things up for the next 5 years, or staying put if that’s the best option.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A little of both. We’re on track for retirement, statistically speaking, but looking at options for sharpening things up for the next 5 years, or staying put if that’s the best option.
We had the same questions but our financial planner was able to answer all of it for us. We've been retired for over a year now and are pretty happy with the way they've balanced out what we're taking vs what to invest (conservatively) into the market.

We do it all through him and his company, so he takes the retirement checks, allocates us what we need and handles the investments as well. He lays out the long term plan through our 90s, all for a really reasonable fee. He came highly recommended by several friends who have been using him for years so we also have that peace of mind.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Make sure you find an “investment” forum. So many of them focus on technical analysis and momentum trading.

Top Bottom
1 2