Ronna McDaniel Hiring

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I was going to post this in one of the existing political threads, but I think it deserves its own.

A few days ago, NBC & MSNBC announced they had hired McDaniel as a paid contributor. She’s not just an election denier, she was reportedly involved in overturning the 2020 election, and she characterized January 6 as legitimate political discourse. As such, giving her a platform on these networks - or any that cares about the truth- was unconscionable. This isn’t a matter of hearing what the other side thinks.

Not surprisingly, this spawned an uproar on social media, so I was interested to see what NBC and MSNBC journalists would say. Tonight, both Jen Psaki and Rachel Maddow clearly voiced their strong opposition. I’ve never been a Chuck Todd fan, but even he came out against it. Good for them!

Apparently, MSNBC has said McDaniel won’t be on air on that network, but I hope NBC reverses their decision, no matter what it costs. As for McDaniel, let her go to Fox “News” or some other media outlet that doesn’t care about accuracy.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Chuck Todd, surprisingly, spoke out first against the hiring. I happened to catch a bit today in the car and they were discussing it. Nobody there is happy with the decision. Damn, I wish I’d remembered to watch Maddow tonight.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Hopefully they’ll get the message when the channel is switched whenever she’s on. I watch MSNBC (have since the mid-2000’s) because the journalists are way better and, while liberals slanted, not even close to the propaganda of Fox, who manufactures their own stories (Using known Russian spies as “proof” Biden is a criminal, lying about the elections, etc).

You give people like McDaniel a platform, you end up with this. She’s complicit.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
To be clear, my objection to McDaniel is not that she’s a Republican. It’s Trump. I don’t negotiate on Trumpism. She’s proven herself a phony.

It is odd that two former RNC chairs will be on MSNBC. Didn’t McDaniel spend years attacking the media, which certainly includes MSNBC? That’s like me taking a job with the Trump campaign.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
To be clear, my objection to McDaniel is not that she’s a Republican. It’s Trump. I don’t negotiate on Trumpism. She’s proven herself a phony.

It is odd that two former RNC chairs will be on MSNBC. Didn’t McDaniel spend years attacking the media, which certainly includes MSNBC? That’s like me taking a job with the Trump campaign.
She literally engaged in the coup. She reached out to republican election officials and told them not to certify. “We‘ll get you lawyers.”

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Rachel Maddow's take on this is very clear:

I like the way Maddow presented it. Instead of jumping straight to why McDaniel shouldn't have been hired, she opened by talking about four men who aspired to be dictators over the U.S. She pointed out that all had been associated with fringe parties, which is partly why they never got anywhere. Then she called attention to Trump's continuing support by one of the two major parties, which greatly increases his chances of winning this year.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And she's out.

I wonder what her contract said and if they have to pay her anyway.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And she's out.

I wonder what her contract said and if they have to pay her anyway.
She’s a trumpista, I‘m sure she’ll sue whether she has grounds or not.

And on that note, time to change one letter in the thread title from H to F? 🤣😂

Top Bottom
1 2