Russia-Ukraine

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
One issue at a time, he's done the right thing for everyone here and I'm glad to see both sides supporting it, I also suspect and hope Democrats will have his back if the radicals try to oust him. We need more people working together like this from both sides of the aisle.

One thing done right after months of holding the house hostage and bending backwards for MAGA? I have no idea what has changed for him to finally put these things to vote, he is still a slimy character. The problem of course that if he’s ousted someone even worse might come. Still, I don’t trust him a bit. He’s Trumps lackey thorough snd though.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
One thing done right after months of holding the house hostage and bending backwards for MAGA? I have no idea what has changed for him to finally put these things to vote, he is still a slimy character. The problem of course that if he’s ousted someone even worse might come. Still, I don’t trust him a bit. He’s Trumps lackey thorough snd though.

Yeah, he’s by no means off the hook, but he seems to have done a 180 (on this issue) and I’m also shocked at his comments on Putin and Russia. Trump does not have his back, unless Trump is going to try to start pretending to be some moderate suddenly and endorses all of this. Seems unlikely with the usual MAGA crowd pushing for his removal.

We shall see, and I can’t speak to what he’ll do in the future, but his comments were jarring in a refreshing manner. He’s also oddly more comfortable discussing these issues which are causing him heat than he is playing the usual MAGA servile character. I saw his comments after the set of bills passed and were sent as a package to the senate. He’s very clear and honest about why the aid was needed, and it doesn’t sound like things that would please Trump.

I know it sounds like I’m shilling for the guy, but the gridlock helps nobody and every moderate on each side of the aisle should be encouraging this behavior to end the circus atmosphere. As entertaining as it can be at times, it’s also exhausting, and there’s a lot of stuff currently at stake.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
No support from @Herdfan here so I'm assuming Fox News is against this as well? These guys couldn't give a shit about the country, just marching orders from the radicals in their party.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, he’s by no means off the hook, but he seems to have done a 180 (on this issue) and I’m also shocked at his comments on Putin and Russia. Trump does not have his back, unless Trump is going to try to start pretending to be some moderate suddenly and endorses all of this. Seems unlikely with the usual MAGA crowd pushing for his removal.

We shall see, and I can’t speak to what he’ll do in the future, but his comments were jarring in a refreshing manner. He’s also oddly more comfortable discussing these issues which are causing him heat than he is playing the usual MAGA servile character. I saw his comments after the set of bills passed and were sent as a package to the senate. He’s very clear and honest about why the aid was needed, and it doesn’t sound like things that would please Trump.

I know it sounds like I’m shilling for the guy, but the gridlock helps nobody and every moderate on each side of the aisle should be encouraging this behavior to end the circus atmosphere. As entertaining as it can be at times, it’s also exhausting, and there’s a lot of stuff currently at stake.

My feeling is that over the last month or so, there's been a quiet movement of true Eisenhower *centrist* Republicans who in the past drank the trump koolaid, and now need to disassociate themselves from him, being sick and tired of all the juvenile antics and extremism in the party fostered by MTG and others.

Especially now that trials are starting. At this point there's no better time to start rehabilitating their image. It'll be a little late and disingenuous once trump becomes a convicted felon.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The votes were always there, the hardliners were just controlling the majority. That’s why this was so frustrating - this was never as partisan as the bad faith actors have you believe. It’s rare each side agrees on anything, to kill something they do for no good reason was asinine. Hopefully they’re starting to see that.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If I guessed Trump did not want Ukrainan aid, he feels he is somehow benefited by chaos, and anything Biden could claim as a win. Yet it was reported that Johnson had an audience with the wannabe dictator in MaraLago, so all bets are off, whether he got Donny’s blessing, or he defied him. 🤔

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
If I guessed Trump did not want Ukrainan aid, he feels he is somehow benefited by chaos, and anything Biden could claim as a win. Yet it was reported that Johnson had an audience with the wannabe dictator in MaraLago, so all bets are off, whether he got Donny’s blessing, or he defied him. 🤔

Trump is playing the same game with Johnson that he played with McCarthy - he's happy to have them over to grovel in front of him, but he won't support them. Just like he won't condemn Putin. Trump will rag on the judges, the jury, the innocent clerk who's doing her job, family members, you name it. He's usually pretty damn vocal. So if he supported Speaker Johnson, he would say so. Instead, I think the last time someone asked him about Johnson or Ukraine aid, all Trump would give is his usual "We'll see what happens", which is dipshit for "If they don't do everything I want, how I want it, then no." It's a warning. A warning I would laugh at and immediately go on TV and say "Screw this guy, I've got work to do."

Kevin McCarthy started all of this crap with his pleading and giving away everything to become Speaker. Pardon the pun, but he would not have had the balls to do what Johnson did.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
What's been rattling around in my head right from the beginning, was wondering if Johnson's mystery trip to Mar-a-Lago weeks ago was about trump making a pitch for Johnson being his VP running mate. He's got *relatively* good optics and could help soften trump's rough edges. And might even help snag some dem votes with his recent push towards getting aid for Ukraine unbottlenecked.

Top Bottom
1 2