SCOTUS is on a Roll

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I'm leaving the title open in the event SCOTUS adds on to their current roll of setting us back several years. Apparently, their newest craze agenda, is to restrict the EPA's power and rule against the environment. So guns, forced birth and pollution, appear to be the agenda moving forward. Got it. 🤬

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1542510777570975745/

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It did not take them long to get the Conservative agenda going. First it was squashing Constitutional protection for womens’ reproductive rights, and now they have voted to neuter the EPA’s ability to regulate greenhouse gas emissions from power plants. If you want an inditement of the the Conservative agenda and have yet to figure out the priorities of the conservative movement, time to get your head out of the sand. Profits > Greenhouse gases, which are good for us and the planet, right? :unsure:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Women have no rights. Native tribes have no rights on their own land. The EPA may as well shut down. Accused criminals cannot sue police for using illegally obtained evidence. Over a century of precedents are being systematically overturned. At this rate, slavery will be back in a year.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
In a single term as president, Trump has successfully changed the direction of the country to radical Conservatism for a generation.

With millions of votes less than both of his opponents.

When McConnell declined to have a vote for Garland, he ruined the credibility of the court. Trump came and pissed on what was left of it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Joe Biden told the Senate to get rid of the filibuster to protect privacy rights (and therefore abortion). Dick Durbin was asked about it: ”but but but…”

Manchin and Collins need to put up or shut up. Either make an exception to the filibuster to protect abortion rights or shut up forever. The Senate made an exception to the filibuster to END abortion rights, but you can‘t do the same to bring them back and protect them?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I asked my mom last night how she felt about the Roe v Wade decision. She’s catholic but she’s also gay. So clearly she’s cherry picking her religious beliefs. She went with her catholic beliefs on this one. It wasn’t a long discussion but she believes abortion is the right to murder. When I said they’ll be coming for gay rights next her response was basically we’ll get there when we get there.

My mom isn’t the activist type. She’s been with her partner since I was born and I consider them both my mom, but they didn’t officially come out until I was 40. I wouldn’t say a lot of people were surprised but probably also weren’t expecting it. As shocking as it sounds, I wasn’t even really certain until they came out. They’ve never really shown any romantic affection even within our household. The reason I’m sharing this is she’s about to turn 80 and has lived a closeted life for most of it. I think to her she’s perfectly comfortable being back in the closet if need be and other gay people’s rights aren’t her concern. Also we live in CA where she believes (at least for now) that she’s safe and she’s got no interest in roaming the country. But who knows, she may change her opinion when it actually becomes real.

This also made me think of an episode of That Damn Michael Che show where he said the black community’s response to covid was mostly seeing it as another thing to add to the list of bullshit they’ve had to deal with as black people. On some level minority and marginalized groups are probably seeing all us white straight people freaking out and going “So now you don’t trust the government or think they are going to protect you? You’re a little late to the party.”

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll just put this here
t43nz1jhio891.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2