Whatwerewe talk'n about?
- Reaction score
- The Misty Mountains
I was not sure what the difference between Ravka and Grisha was...
- Ravka- a Nation divided down the middle North-South by The Fold. There is East and West Ravka. Therefore to get from East to West Ravka, of Vice a versa, a dangerous trip across the Fold is required. Ravkas can’t go around because of hostile Nations that border them.
- The Fold - a dark perpetually dark place full of monsters.
- Fjerda- a hostile Nation to the North of Ravka.
- Shu-Han- A people/country South of the fold, the Shuhan have closed off their borders.
- The Grisha- The Grisha are a group of people with the ability to control and manipulate matter—a power known as Small Science. This is in contrast to Merzost, a much more dangerous magic that creates something from nothing. It is Merzost that allowed the Darkling to create the Fold. In the show, the Grisha's abilities lead some to call them witches.
The world of 'Shadow and Bone' revolves around a strange phenomenon known as the Shadow Fold. But what exactly is it?
Ravka is a nation bordered by Fjerda to the north, Shu Han to the south, and the True Sea to the west. The nomadic Suli people lived on the land that would become Ravka, Fjerda, and Shu Han. The territory that would become Ravka was once several feudal provinces, led by kings, which were...
The Netflix show introduces a new fantasy world—and plenty of unfamiliar terminology. Here are explanations for the most important concepts, including the Fold, Sun Summoner and Shu.
Grisha are humans who practice the Small Science. They are traditionally divided into three orders, Corporalki, Etherealki and Materialki, with each order being further divided into specialized types. Grisha were historically considered witches. The name "Grisha" is a diminutive of the name...