Sunday Ticket moving to YouTube (reported)

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Apparently Apple didn’t want to charge viewers enough to keep the NFL happy - the NFL wanted higher prices so as to protect its broadcast partners, allegedly.

Looks like this would be carried on YouTube TV. Wonder what the additional fee will be - I already subscribe to YouTube TV for Mets games.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Long thread about this over on DBSTalk.

I have been a NFLST sub on DirecTV since 1994. The last 3 years DirecTV has given it to me for free as a Thank you gift.

I have to wonder how this is going to work where the real money is and that is in bars and restaurants. They are going to have to upgrade all their TV's or add streaming boxes for each TV. And will there be enough band width to stream 10 games in HD at a time? My won't even try to connect to my local BW3's WiFi because it is so slow. No way they could stream a game in SD, much less in in HD. So don't even bring up 4K.

So I will probably try it for the first year, but after that it will depend on how good it is.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Long thread about this over on DBSTalk.

I have been a NFLST sub on DirecTV since 1994. The last 3 years DirecTV has given it to me for free as a Thank you gift.

I have to wonder how this is going to work where the real money is and that is in bars and restaurants. They are going to have to upgrade all their TV's or add streaming boxes for each TV. And will there be enough band width to stream 10 games in HD at a time? My won't even try to connect to my local BW3's WiFi because it is so slow. No way they could stream a game in SD, much less in in HD. So don't even bring up 4K.

So I will probably try it for the first year, but after that it will depend on how good it is.
Depends on how well it the HEVC is, a 4k stream should be around 20 - 30 Mb/sec. But you are right multiple streams will quickly eat your bandwidth up, and it depends on how much money you want to sink into your WiFi deployment.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Depends on how well it the HEVC is, a 4k stream should be around 20 - 30 Mb/sec. But you are right multiple streams will quickly eat your bandwidth up, and it depends on how much money you want to sink into your WiFi deployment.

Will probably depend on what kind of bar you are. Most large cities have team bars where transplants can go and watch "their" team. That game plus whatever is OTA should be fine. But if you are a bar where you want all the games, then you are going to need to upgrade for sure.

For those with Youtube TV, how hard is it to change channels? Do they have a guide like Cable/Sat? Are there channel numbers so you can easily switch back and forth?

Top Bottom
1 2