Texas Republican Wants Food Made Of Aborted Fetuses Labeled

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Again Texas shows us how uneducated they tend to be.
AUSTIN, Texas — A Texas Republican wants to make foods containing material from aborted human fetuses “clearly and conspicuously labeled” — even though such products do not exist.
The proposed law, authored by state Sen. Bob Hall, says food and medicine would have to be labeled if it contained or was manufactured with human fetal tissue or if it was the product of research that used such tissue. The bill defines human fetal tissue as “tissue, cells, or organs obtained from an aborted unborn child.”

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Nobody wastes time like Texas (or Florida) Republicans.

He is trying to get "unborn child" into the picture as a legal definition of a fetus. Success in doing that without specifying viability of the fetus might have all kinds of ramifications on abortion law, considering the inclinations of the current Supreme Court. I must say this is one of the more original if revolting attempts to fly that definition in under the radar.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the point is to get opposition riled up over the absurd, so they ignore the real bit: requiring that anything derived from research of fetal tissue be labeled. So this could easily include modern vaccines.

I.e. create another type of Prop 65 label that seems even scarier.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Someone watched too much Soilent Green…
It's made from people!

Not to make a light of something that could be considered distasteful. I am left wondering where they got this notion... Somewhat seriously I thought, could they have mis-understood that "baby food" is made from babies? 🤷‍♂️

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
I really hope you are referring to the Ancient Roman cheese cake of the same name (after which the organ actually has been named), otherwise this is disgusting...

For a recipe of the less disgusting one, simply ask Max Miller:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. The real concern is the amount of woke ingredients in our food. When the alarms went off about fat content the industry reduced the fat but increased the sugar content. Now that everybody is concerned about sugar they raised the woke. Now we have an epidemic of morbidly woke children in this country.

Don't even get me started on hookah smoking. Every hit is 60% woke and 40% jihad. Why is nobody talking about this?

Top Bottom
1 2