The Car Thread v2.0

Clix Pix

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
My first car was a black car (chosen by my father, it was not anything I ever would have selected for myself), and then many years later, we had a black Honda Accord. Yeah, black cars definitely show the dirt quickly! Ditto for white. My new car, which is a deep grey ("Space Grey" in Apple parlance) so far doesn't seem to show the dirt much, but then again she hasn't really accumulated much since I haven't driven all that extensively. We'll see how she looks after a snowstorm and then the stuff only half-melts into a slushy, muddy mess and I have to go somewhere!

The-Real-Deal82

Power User
Reaction score
Our new car, picked up this morning. Weird having a completely human free exchange outside the dealership.

Clix Pix

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oooh, she's purty!!!! Another CRV? Isn't it fun having a brand-new vehicle? Even though it has now been a couple of months I still am marveling over the experience of getting into and driving a shiny new car!

Clix Pix

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
When I was in the thinking-about-a-new-car phase I briefly considered the idea of a Prius or other hybrid electric vehicle but it would have to be one which did not require that I plug it into a battery charger at any time since we do not have charging stations here in my parking lot or anywhere near the community, which would obviously be an issue. Finally decided to just stick with a gasoline-powered car once again, since I have driven those since I was sixteen years old, lo these many, many moons ago.

DT

Elite Member
Reaction score
We are starting to think about the replacement for the family ride, verified the lease docs, and it will be over this may (as expected, May 2018 - May 2021).

We might just "play it safe", and go with another traditional gas, mid/full sized SUV ... in Red :D (have to keep Pinchy in spirit and color ...), performance-y variant, etc.

theSeb

Site Champ
Reaction score
I would love to update my pickup, but I am patiently waiting for someone to release a hybrid with at least 30 miles of battery only range. That would be perfect for me.

DT

Elite Member
Reaction score
We are starting to think about the replacement for the family ride, verified the lease docs, and it will be over this may (as expected, May 2018 - May 2021).

We might just "play it safe", and go with another traditional gas, mid/full sized SUV ... in Red :D (have to keep Pinchy in spirit and color ...), performance-y variant, etc.

... or not. :D

I dig on my current '19 GT, it's setup fantastic (just the right amount of aftermarket), perfectly optioned (basically __all__).

I'm starting to think about doing something different. Heck, I've got a few aftermarket parts I still haven't installed for several months, so while I do dig on it, I'm not as "into it" as I was.

My car, is sort of my hobby/fun thing, I mean, it's the wife's too, she's always welcome to use it, but she generally doesn't (even with with an A10 this time for ease-of-use). Then we have the "family ride" we keep stock, usually a lease, it's always under warranty/maintenance coverage, so zero worries, and it's the only vehicle we take on any kind of drive that: has larger carrying or towing needs, more than 4 people, more than ~30 minutes (so any trips to Universal, The Keys), bad/inclement weather (including hurricane escape), it's big, safe, roomy, and very capable.

My idea: maybe merge my car with the family car, swap the RT for an SRT, get rid of the GT, and get a less expensive, 2nd car as kind of a "backup", it would sit outside, thinking maybe a Golf GTI. Then I'd have a fun car, that's also the family cruiser, road trip car, tow vehicle, that also stays in the garage (so it stays cooler, warmer, cleaner).

... and maybe buy another boat, hahahaha, TBC ...

Top Bottom