Self-driving cars

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
We should have a general topic to discuss self driving car technology. I will start with a question:

Is it in fact a good idea? Some folks are protesting autopilot by placing a traffic cone on the hood of a vehicle ("coning"), which puts the autopilot into incident shutdown mode. They simply want better options to a city swarming with cars. I can see FSD as useful for hundred/thousand mile journeys but maybe a little less so in densely populated areas.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
. I can see FSD as useful for hundred/thousand mile journeys but maybe a little less so in densely populated areas.

I think that is where I would want it. Having recently driven from WV to AZ/CA 3 times in the past year, the idea that you could set it to take over in OK, TX, NM where it is boring as can be and just let it do its thing would be great.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
We have to have self driving cars by the time we get our flying cars. Can you imagine half of these idiots also having to navigate elevation???

People in high-rises will never feel safe again ;)

The awesome thing will be that it'll eventually eliminate gridlock - they'll all communicate with each other - merging will be seamless.

Top Bottom
1 2