Travel talk

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
We came over to San Antonio for a funeral, stayed at a Homewood Suites, and the “hot” breakfast was not nearly as good as it once was when the chain was a new idea. 😐 Of interest another change of standards, housekeeping is only on request and with 24 hrs notice. That’s ok, because we have not ever wanted daily room service.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
We treat ourselves to some nice hotels. During the pandemic, the 5 star experience evaporated due to staffing. We went to a few in 2021 but they failed to provide a 2019 level experience, so it didn’t justify the cost which, if anything, was higher than pre-pandemic levels.

Also, it was clear that they weren’t filling the hotels because, again, staffing but that didn’t reduce prices the way it would in a normal economy. I was annoyed at worst because I really felt for the remaining staff.

There’s one amazing hotel on the ocean in southern Maine which we were in the habit of going to once a year. Following the pandemic, they went to a 4 night minimum which priced us out. They kept a minimum up long after the pandemic I think but I haven’t checked on them in awhile 🤔.

Top Bottom
1 2