Weird Macbook Air takeover of iMac.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was doing a software install on my new MBA and while I was waiting I was using my iMac next to it. At one point I got a popup on the MBA, but when I went to click on it, it appeared that it froze up. The pointer was gone and using the trackpad didn't do anything. Typing didn't work either. I then glanced over at my iMac and noticed the trackpad and keyboard on the MBA were controlling the iMac. I had to put my iMac to sleep to fix the issue. WTF?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like the feature touted for iPads. Put ‘em side by side and control both with one.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like the feature touted for iPads. Put ‘em side by side and control both with one.

Hmm. I'll have to look into that. Sometimes you just don't want Apple products to automagically do something.

Another annoying experience was trying to drag and drop files to different folders but more times than not when I went to grab the file it would open the file info window instead of letting me drag it. I had to disable something to fix that, but it seems like a really bad default setting.

Top Bottom
1 2