What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
First, Reacher S2 finale tonight. Can't wait.

Second, tried True Detective: Night Country and made it half way through E1 and had to quit. Neither of us could get into it.
Reacher is on tap for tomorrow night. Can’t believe it’s already the season finale. Damn, that went fast.
I don't think any future True Detective seasons will be as good as its first. Harrelson and McConaughey were just too good together as a team. We've probably watched the first season 3-4 times.
We have 2-3 episodes left of the Harrelson/McConaughey season. They are marvelous together. It’s my husband’s 2nd time through, and he’s already seen season 2, which he didn’t enjoy as much as season 1. Who’s in season 3?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Reacher is on tap for tomorrow night. Can’t believe it’s already the season finale. Damn, that went fast.

We have 2-3 episodes left of the Harrelson/McConaughey season. They are marvelous together. It’s my husband’s 2nd time through, and he’s already seen season 2, which he didn’t enjoy as much as season 1. Who’s in season 3?

And Reacher is only 42 minutes. :(. Not sure how they are going to wrap it all up in that time.

When we tried S4 and didn't like it, the wife started reading about it (we had not really heard of it) and the consensus was S1 is the best, 2 & 3 not so good and 4 is not getting great ratings.

So we are going to try S1 next week.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

I don't remember. We may have watched 1 or 2 episodes and decided to pass.

The dialog, interactions, and side ways looks/expressions between Harrelson and McConaughey was so damn tight.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m onboard with S4 of True Detective. Thought the first episode was pretty good.

S5 of Fargo has been great. I’ve got 3 episodes left.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
S5 of Fargo has been great. I’ve got 3 episodes left.
Finished. Wow, what an unexpected ending. My 2nd favorite season, which is high praise.

The penultimate episode, setting up the confrontation between Roy’s “patriots” and the FBI was gold. When his allies (full-on Trumpers, let’s be honest) roll into the ranch and the show plays “YMCA” by the Village People I was 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Can’t be a coincidence that song is a Trump rally favorite.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
And Reacher is only 42 minutes. :(. Not sure how they are going to wrap it all up in that time.
Overall, I enjoyed S2, but not as much as S1.

Your question about wrapping things up was apt. I think all the loose ends were tied up too quickly and neatly at the end of the episode. The scene on the helicopter strained my capacity to suspend disbelief, especially when Reacher was able to hold on to Dixon on the gurney flapping in the breeze, as well as her cutting herself loose and climbing back on board.

The scene with the gang in the diner was also was a bit much -- Dixon was stabbed and O'Donnell was shot (and had the bullet dug out), so sure they'd be up for breakfast. And I can't imagine nobody would call the police as soon as they walked in.

So maybe the best way to approach this is like a superhero movie.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Overall, I enjoyed S2, but not as much as S1.

Don't read the book :)

In the book, Reacher and Neagley have souped up Asian cars with loud exhausts to create the distraction. It works and Reacher is able to get into the fenced area and onto the chopper where he waits until they all get on it. Then he fights them.

Yeah him holding the stretcher was way beyond belief, but so is him going around killing people willy nilly without law enforcement seeming to care.

Also in the book, it was based in LA and LV, not NYC and AC. So the bodies dropped in the desert and not the woods. (Not too much of a spoiler as it happened in the first 3 minutes of E1)

As for S3, there are a couple of rumored options. The showrunner/producer said they wanted a solo Reacher (of all the books I have read, I only remember Neagley in the two we have seen her, but there is a General who appears a couple of times, at least in name). So the two books rumored are Die Trying (which I have read) and Worth Dying For (which I haven't, but will). Also, One Shot was a candidate, but it was the basis of the first movie so I can't see them doing it again.

I want to see them do Echo Burning as I think it would adapt well to a series.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Don't read the book :)

In the book, Reacher and Neagley have souped up Asian cars with loud exhausts to create the distraction. It works and Reacher is able to get into the fenced area and onto the chopper where he waits until they all get on it. Then he fights them.

Yeah him holding the stretcher was way beyond belief, but so is him going around killing people willy nilly without law enforcement seeming to care.

Also in the book, it was based in LA and LV, not NYC and AC. So the bodies dropped in the desert and not the woods. (Not too much of a spoiler as it happened in the first 3 minutes of E1)

As for S3, there are a couple of rumored options. The showrunner/producer said they wanted a solo Reacher (of all the books I have read, I only remember Neagley in the two we have seen her, but there is a General who appears a couple of times, at least in name). So the two books rumored are Die Trying (which I have read) and Worth Dying For (which I haven't, but will). Also, One Shot was a candidate, but it was the basis of the first movie so I can't see them doing it again.

I want to see them do Echo Burning as I think it would adapt well to a series.
I wonder how long they'll keep this going. But at the rate Alan Ritchson's size has been increasing each year, he'll be ready to play The Hulk without CGI if anyone decides to do another movie. :)

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So the "Fall" season premiers start next week, at least on CBS. I know ABC starts some the following week.

I still prefer network TV although there are some great series on other channels and streaming.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Limping to the finish trying to find things to watch until some shows come back next week, we were scrolling through the DVR and found where I had recorded So Help Me Todd with Marcia Gay Hardin and Skylar Austin.

So we gave it a try and the pilot was actually funny. Probably for me because my wife kept watching the MGH character as if she was watching her own mom. A bit too close for comfort there. 😂

So we will give the next couple of episodes a try to see if it can keep it up.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Remember back when show descriptions used to say a show was going to have 2 parts? Well last night after waiting 6 months for our network shows to come back, we watched NCIS: Hawaii. Wanted to see how they were going to integrate LL Cool J into the Hawaii cast now that NCIS: LA's run ended.

So we are watching and not really paying attention to where we are in the show and then the dreaded "To Be Continued" comes on the screen.

We both let out expletives because if we know, we will hold off watching until we can either do both in the same night or at least back-to-back nights. This one surprised us. :mad:

[/rant]

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Tracker last night. It is one of CBS's new shows and we liked it.

It stars Justin Hartley (Smallville, This Is Us, he was also the "thwack" guy in Bad Mom's (IYKYK)) as a tracker who moves around the country with his Airstream collecting rewards for finding missing people.

Will definitely be watching a few more episodes this season.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mr and Mrs Smith (Prime 2024-)
Season 1, 4 Episodes in, this is good. I’d call it a secret agent genre, with covert missions. Yes, I’m familiar with the movie which is also on Prime. The writing is good, the actors have good chemistry. Each episode is a date.
In the movie, Mr. and Mrs. Smith don’t know what each other does for a living, but they are both assassins and they become entangled in jobs.The hook in the movie is a misunderstanding.

IMG_3131.jpeg

Spoiler-ish if you don’t want to know anything about it.
The series is different than the movie plot described above. It‘s labeled as a comedy, but really it’s a drama with humorous elements. It’s about two people who are hired as a team by an organization, to pose as husband and wife, who I think, they think is connected to the US Govt somehow, but not sure about that and it is undetermined who they work for.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mr and Mrs Smith (Prime 2024-)
Season 1, 4 Episodes in, this is good. I’d call it a secret agent genre, with covert missions. Yes, I’m familiar with the movie which is also on Prime. The writing is good, the actors have good chemistry. Each episode is a date.
In the movie, Mr. and Mrs. Smith don’t know what each other does for a living, but they are both assassins and they become entangled in jobs.The hook in the movie is a misunderstanding.

Spoiler-ish if you don’t want to know anything about it.
The series is different than the movie plot described above. It‘s labeled as a comedy, but really it’s a drama with humorous elements. It’s about two people who are hired as a team by an organization, to pose as husband and wife, who I think, they think is connected to the US Govt somehow, but not sure about that and it is undetermined who they work for.
Great show, creative in plot and story structure and a minor spoiler-
It does find some level of equivalence with the movie, and it ends With a cliff hanger.
…and it has been renewed.

adammmmmmm

Reaction score
There is almost nothing good on TV, but there are still good movies. For example, now I'm watching Roman with a stone. I like it, such a calm and light film.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Ok, what is it with Nathan Fillion and weddings?

Episodes of his shows where there is a wedding are almost unwatchable. First it was Castle and now The Rookie.

As for the The Rookie, I think the shark has been jumped or at least they are practicing for it. :(

Top Bottom
1 2