What are you doing today?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Its been a life saver for us during COVID. But the latest 365 Mac update is hideous for Outlook. Just so useless. Can't see shared mail boxes or calendars. Grrrrr!
I personally never use it on my Mac, although I know several clients who do. I typically have 2 or 3 other Windows laptops spun up that I'm using at any given time throughout the day and always run it on those. Sorry to hear it's not as pleasant for you, how about if you just use it in the browser? MS is pushing towards everything moving to that model eventually BTW, it's just a matter of time.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I personally never use it on my Mac, although I know several clients who do. I typically have 2 or 3 other Windows laptops spun up that I'm using at any given time throughout the day and always run it on those. Sorry to hear it's not as pleasant for you, how about if you just use it in the browser? MS is pushing towards everything moving to that model eventually BTW, it's just a matter of time.
There are some differences between the app and the browser. You can roll it back to the previous version which I have done for now. Windows? Those are the things you look through to see outside right? Ordered a new MacBook Pro for work today as my Air has been struggling. Despite the best efforts of the IT manager to convince me a Windows machine was better! Then right on queue one of our sales guys (PC user) interrupts our conversation to say his PC has just died. Needless to say I took the pee all day long after that!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
There are some differences between the app and the browser. You can roll it back to the previous version which I have done for now. Windows? Those are the things you look through to see outside right? Ordered a new MacBook Pro for work today as my Air has been struggling. Despite the best efforts of the IT manager to convince me a Windows machine was better! Then right on queue one of our sales guys (PC user) interrupts our conversation to say his PC has just died. Needless to say I took the pee all day long after that!
Well, technically it should work on a Mac and is fully supported so you're within your rights to expect full functionality. The owner of the company I work for also uses a Mac and we always give him shit about it, he's a good sport. Since most of my clients are on Windows I have to use it regularly but it's not so bad, I still prefer my Mac for personal use though.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well, technically it should work on a Mac and is fully supported so you're within your rights to expect full functionality. The owner of the company I work for also uses a Mac and we always give him shit about it, he's a good sport. Since most of my clients are on Windows I have to use it regularly but it's not so bad, I still prefer my Mac for personal use though.
We are about 50/50 at work. Much to the IT managers frustration. They are going to try and rain them in a bit, but as the senior manager and purchase manager I can have whatever I like.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We went to Publix today and bought stuff to throw around the kitchen. I got some frozen perogie and fixed them in the hot air fryer. Man, I love that thing. It is brilliant for grilled cheese sandwiches and Beyond burgers. Tomorrow night I’ll throw in some Brussels sprouts and maybe I’ll do some spaghetti squash or eggplant. I bought both, so we’ll see.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Out and about, paying bills, buying beer (and butter, and bread, and crisps, - chips to Our Transatlantic Cousins) and sparkling mineral water.

You people call chips “crisps?” Savagery. Pretty sure that’s how the revolutionary war started. The whole colonizing thing was going swimmingly until someone said something like “Hey, pass me some crisps, mate. Oh, come on. You seem like a nice bloke. I’ll give you a fag for some of those crisps”

...we all know what happened next. :ROFLMAO:

I’m just kidding of course.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
What am I doing today?

Drinking heavily. Getting blotto.

Our Prime Minister, Pfeffel the Oven-Ready, has decided that No-Deal with the EU is the best option.

We are so, so f****d.

Don’t worry friend. If things don’t work out you can always move to America where everything is going... oh, wait. Never mind. Wanna split a boat ride to Antarctica? I hear it’s nice there, compared to what we’re all dealing with...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
You people call chips “crisps?” Savagery. Pretty sure that’s how the revolutionary war started. The whole colonizing thing was going swimmingly until someone said something like “Hey, pass me some crisps, mate. Oh, come on. You seem like a nice bloke. I’ll give you a fag for some of those crisps”

...we all know what happened next. :ROFLMAO:

I’m just kidding of course.

And it came as some considerable surprise to me to learn that Our Transatlantic Cousins use the term "chips" (which we use for something else) to describe the delicious crisps that I nibble (or devour) with my beer.

Moreover, for us, the culinary delight that goes by the name of "chips", are what Our Transatlantic Cousins refer to as "fries"; for, fish'n'chips is a perennial classic.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
What am I doing today?

Drinking heavily. Getting blotto.

Our Prime Minister, Pfeffel the Oven-Ready, has decided that No-Deal with the EU is the best option.

We are so, so f****d.

Pfeffel the Oven-Ready?

I must remember that, what a lovely expression; for, he is truly, a quite horrible man and a perfectly ghastly and spectacularly incompetent and self-serving Prime Minister.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Its defiantly the season.
Blanket has been put on.

I had hoped to hold out until Hallowe'en, but one night too many in recent weeks (last week-end) of cold feet persuaded me that calendar be damned, warm feet, irrespective of the date on the calendar, are of pressing importance for nocturnal comfort.
Well that seems to be the trend around the world.
There is no need for this sorry trend to be copied in the Mother of Parliaments.

The UK (and indeed, the US) should be giving good example on such matters, not sorry, tawdry, dismal and pathetic lying, cheating, incompetence, criminal irresponsibility, instead of proper government with integrity, intelligence, good judgment, infused and informed by a bit of decency and compassion, and competence.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Blanket has been put on.

I had hoped to hold out until Hallowe'en, but one night too many in recent weeks (last week-end) of cold feet persuaded me that calendar be damned, warm feet, irrespective of the date on the calendar, are of pressing importance for nocturnal comfort.

There is no need for this sorry trend to be copied in the Mother of Parliaments.

The UK (and indeed, the US) should be giving good example on such matters, not sorry, tawdry, dismal and pathetic lying, cheating, incompetence, criminal irresponsibility, instead of proper government with integrity, intelligence, good judgment, infused and informed by a bit of decency and compassion, and competence.
Couldn't agree more. But I'm afraid we can (either of us) be described as the shinning light for democracy. Instead we are an embarrassment. As someone who travels to Europe a bit (well not this year!), you feel almost ashamed to say you are British. Brexit is an embarrassment for us all. Even those that didn't vote for it.

Anyway my bed is calling. Sleep well all and enjoy your weekends.

Top Bottom
1 2