What is your favorite web browser?

What is your favorite web browser?

• Total voters

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
Voted Safari. Apple tends to make the best programs for its platforms and Safari keeps it simple on the Mac. I install a system-wide DNS profile, I prefer Quad9, in conjunction with AdGuard for Safari, which is good enough for what I do and completely free.

On the occasion that I am using an older Mac running an outdated version of macOS, then it's Firefox with multiple security extensions. Of course, nothing involving finances is used on such a machine, but it's fine for regular web browsing for family members who don't need more. (Anything that involves secure credentials is done with a modern Mac, under my watchful gaze.)

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Firefox. I’ve been using it since 1.5. Never could get in to Chrome. I still use Safari on iOS/iPadOS though. I would use it on the desktop too but there's too many Firefox extensions that I use that don't have a Safari version or alternative.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
What are your favorite extensions?
uBlock Origin, NoScript, Auto Tab Discard, Containerise, Download Manager (S3), DownThemAll, Feed Preview, Foxy Tab, Greasemonkey, Multithreaded Download Manager, Panorama Tab Groups, SponsorBlock for YouTube, KeePassXC-Browser are some of them

D

Deleted member 215

Chrome is my default. I just find it is compatible with more websites than Safari is. That said, I use Safari a lot as well. On Windows, Firefox is my backup browser.

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
I like Safari. I like the interface, and I like how the bookmarks work. Though I also use Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

The one browser I'd definitely avoid is Opera, since it's owned by a company based in the PRC, a country essentially entirely without privacy protections.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Chrome for the most part, though I do use Safari when I'm on one of the M-Macs since that's generally just kind of knocking around, and on the iPad for some specific development needs (PWAs).

Really that's why I'm on Chrome, it's the reference browser for my development work - and when I was using Bootcamp and/or a dedicated Winders™ machine, I wanted a way to easily sync up bookmarks, open an existing tab across either OS, etc. Like other here, I also occasionally fire up other browsers, like FF or Edge, mostly to cross check functionality/compatibility, but for the most part, modern browsers provide a reasonably consistent dev target.

Hahaha, I had a recent situation where a client was doing another deployment and the IT support folks actually came back and indicated one of the test browsers not working. It was IE11 choking on some ES6 code (templates specifically ...), but that was an easy solve, "You guys know that browser is EOL'ed right? Check with the software support folks ..."

Top Bottom
1 2