Working in tech

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That demand sounds pretty arbitrary and wacky to me, as he demanded an arbitrary number rather than some amount of unique work that would pass peer review in your area.
Yep. Arbitrary and wacky about sums it up. And telling me that at the conclusion of my defense instead of beforehand took a special kind of jackassery. He died a couple years ago. Someone set up a group of his former students on linked in and tried to eulogize him. Best anyone could come up with was “he sure did like textbooks.”

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yep. Arbitrary and wacky about sums it up. And telling me that at the conclusion of my defense instead of beforehand took a special kind of jackassery. He died a couple years ago. Someone set up a group of his former students on linked in and tried to eulogize him. Best anyone could come up with was “he sure did like textbooks.”

I'm totally with you here. I'm imagining the guy as a real life Calculon now, which amuses me.
Edit: could use some tags here for image resizing
r4uits7dcho21.png

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is where I would hope to get a chance to talk about school --- while in high school I had a low (I think ~1.8/4.0) GPA, I managed to pull off a 4.0 in grad school (apparently, being interested in what you're doing has a non-negligible affect on how much effort you put in).
That and actually being an adult with a reason to be in school. I came out of undergrad with a 2.6 and no interest in ever going back to school.

Top Bottom
1 2