WTH, is canine/feline autism?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Anti-vax is also affecting pet owners

The study, published recently in the journal Vaccine, involved a nationally representative group of 2,200 American adults, of which 42 percent (924) made up the analyzed subgroup of dog owners … In a particularly striking finding … 37 percent of all dog owners believed vaccines could cause their pets to develop cognitive problems, such as "canine/feline autism."

I consider the various symptoms of Autism spectrum and have to ask, how could you discern that your pet is autistic? Because they seem to be smarter?

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if cats and dogs can have autism (of sorts), they certainly appear to suffer from a range of neurodevelopmental and psychological disorders (in fact, I have a strong suspicion that the difference between humans and other mammals is quantity, not quality). Of course, given the communication barrier and general lack of interest of humans in these things makes diagnosing or even defining "animal autism" challenging (hell, many people don't believe that animals can dream).

But back to the topic, wow, what the hell. What is one even supposed to do with all these morons?

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
But back to the topic, wow, what the hell. What is one even supposed to do with all these morons?
Well...

Sparta.jpg

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Anti-vax is also affecting pet owners

The study, published recently in the journal Vaccine, involved a nationally representative group of 2,200 American adults, of which 42 percent (924) made up the analyzed subgroup of dog owners … In a particularly striking finding … 37 percent of all dog owners believed vaccines could cause their pets to develop cognitive problems, such as "canine/feline autism."

I consider the various symptoms of Autism spectrum and have to ask, how could you discern that your pet is autistic? Because they seem to be smarter?

The dog starts barking every weekday five minutes before The People's Court, getting more distressed until the TV comes on and the ominous music starts. This dog never barked before I had his vaccines updated.

If I can't get the TV on in time, he starts chewing his own tail.

My local grocery store also ran out of his brand of food, so I got it at Wal-Mart and he refused to eat it.

I do not own a dog.

Top Bottom
1 2