The Trump Indictment Thread

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The RNC convention is going to be the biggest shit show the world has seen since PT Barnum. I thought “You built that” and Clint Eastwood having a conversation with an empty chair was the bottom. Man, it’s possible that after all of this, we haven’t seen anything yet.

The RNC has about two and a half months to figure out if they’re really going to handcuff themselves to this disgusting sinking anchor.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Up next, Michigan!

Reading the Michigan story I see trump, Meadows, and Giuliani are listed as an unindicted co-conspirators.

A guess: Is that so that Michigan can move forward trying the 16 indicted republican fake electors as soon as possible. And then, after the Arizona trial is over, indict and try Meadows and Giuliani in Michigan?

Thoughts Cmaier ?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Reading the Michigan story I see trump, Meadows, and Giuliani are listed as an unindicted co-conspirators.

A guess: Is that so that Michigan can move forward trying the 16 indicted republican fake electors as soon as possible. And then, after the Arizona trial is over, indict and try Meadows and Giuliani in Michigan?

Thoughts Cmaier ?
Not sure. I haven’t read the indictment or anything. Could be that the unindicted co-conspirators didn’t commit any acts in furtherance of the conspiracy in Michigan so they think the case is weaker. Could be what you’re thinking. Could be other things as well.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
Now it's clear why the prosecution and Judge Engoron accepted the bond:
One of Trumps lawyers screwed up and said: Even if they cannot pay, Trump has so much assets in NY that could be seized instead.
Thus, the prosecution has been given the green light in case Trump or the bond company cannot pay.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Now it's clear why the prosecution and Judge Engoron accepted the bond:
One of Trumps lawyers screwed up and said: Even if they cannot pay, Trump has so much assets in NY that could be seized instead.
Thus, the prosecution has been given the green light in case Trump or the bond company cannot pay.

Not the best lawyers in town, but at this rate, any of them who can manage to not get indicted can at least claim that on their resume.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain why SCOTUS would punt the Total Immunity decision until after November, when they all seemingly don't believe in it. So why the f*****g DELAY?

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Can someone explain why SCOTUS would punt the Total Immunity decision until after November, when they all seemingly don't believe in it. So why the f*****g DELAY?

So they can say they're not being political, maybe? I dunno.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
They (Trump’s water carriers on the SCOTUS) want one less pre-election trial to stand in his way. If he wins, his AG will make the Federal cases go away. And if he loses, the court will come up with a ruling that will carve out immunity for as many of the crimes he committed as President as possible.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
This bit from a Hollywood Reporter piece made me laugh.

The criminal hearing in which he’s facing 34 felony counts is not the trial we deserve. That would be either the Georgia election interference case, the federal classified documents case or the federal Jan. 6 election case (it’s so hard to choose). But perhaps it’s the trial Trump deserves, laying bare the sleazy, tawdry aspects of his existence in a manner that could potentially sway those magical swing voters who apparently live in an alternate universe devoid of moral judgement

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What's your thoughts about the SCOTUS giving him immunity?
Well, they won’t.

They likely want to make some rule like “immune if it’s in the course of duties. Now, lower court, go figure out if it’s in the course of duties“ and then the lower court will say “of course it isn’t” and then it will be appealed again, unless he becomes elected dictator and shuts it all down.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well, they won’t.

They likely want to make some rule like “immune if it’s in the course of duties. Now, lower court, go figure out if it’s in the course of duties“ and then the lower court will say “of course it isn’t” and then it will be appealed again, unless he becomes elected dictator and shuts it all down.
I agree that's what the SCOTUS will do, as absurd as it is - most of the justices are in Trump's camp. But if they send it back to the lower court to decide what are official acts and what are personal acts, can that court's decision on each determination be appealed?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree that's what the SCOTUS will do, as absurd as it is - most of the justices are in Trump's camp. But if they send it back to the lower court to decide what are official acts and what are personal acts, can that court's decision on each determination be appealed?
Yes, and they will be.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Individual-ONE's legal team may be hamstrung by Individual-ONE himself, who apparently insists that they l___ his a__ constantly and are never allowed to concede the minutest flaw in him. He has no experience with criminal trials, so he cannot grasp that "I'm the awesomest" may not be the best way to sway a jury.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Individual-ONE's legal team may be hamstrung by Individual-ONE himself, who apparently insists that they l___ his a__ constantly and are never allowed to concede the minutest flaw in him. He has no experience with criminal trials, so he cannot grasp that "I'm the awesomest" may not be the best way to sway a jury.

Which is interesting to see how this is going to play out, because Trump hasn’t just alleged he didn’t do anything illegal, he also denied the affairs with these women. Not “I made mistakes but am innocent of criminality”, just “Nope, horse faces, never met them, don’t know them, all lies.”

I’m really hoping this guy jumps the shark. Americans are strange, as fast as he’s sucking the oxygen out of the room, Americans also move on. I’m still not satisfied with the passiveness of liberals towards Trump’s ridiculousness.

He’s also going to have to campaign this year, and that’s not going so well either. You know Trump is struggling when you catch him pretending to interact with normal people in carefully staged events.

I heard he shit himself in that bodega in Harlem, but this time it was intentional to show his disgust at having to mingle among the normies.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Which is interesting to see how this is going to play out, because Trump hasn’t just alleged he didn’t do anything illegal, he also denied the affairs with these women. Not “I made mistakes but am innocent of criminality”, just “Nope, horse faces, never met them, don’t know them, all lies.”

Worse, his lawyer denied the affair in the opening statement. So now if the jury believes he had the affair, they’ll automatically believe he did all the other bad things. It’s one thing to deny everything outside of court, but to make a point of telling the jury a lie in your opening statement…

Top Bottom
1 2