‘Some fatalities’ after SUV hits Christmas parade in Waukesha,

D

Deleted member 215

Suspect is Darrell Brooks Jr., a man with a long criminal past:

He may have been fleeing a crime when he ran into the parade.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Suspect is Darrell Brooks Jr., a man with a long criminal past:

He may have been fleeing a crime when he ran into the parade.
From what I read, which should be taken with a grain of salt until the 1PM presser, he was a piece of shit even before this tragic event.

The videos are appalling, especially as a “school band dad” (both of my kids); gave me some shivers.

Of note, I am glad, very glad that the little girl dancing on the street is safe and that the Piece of Shit missed her. However, at a parade, never ever get on the road and never ever let children step off the sidewalk. Stay on the sidewalk. The sides of the road are used for emergency situations or for organizational reasons. each 4th of July I am appalled by how many uncaring people just sit/stand on the actual road, to then complain when staff tells them to step back.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I wish neither side of the isle, both politicians and news outlets tried to politicize it, and instead had some empathy for the many families of the dead and injured. I am sure the full story will come out soon, and in the end we'll all be sickened by it.

Last edited:

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he was a piece of crap before this. Should have never been out on bail. Smh

U

User.45

I wish neither side of the isle, both politicians and news outlets tried to politicize it, and instead had some empathy for the many families of the dead and injured. I am sure the full story will come out soon, and in the end we'll all be sickened by it.
Dunno wacchu talkin bout

1637620470852.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
My coworker just informed me Fox is now leaning heavy on this guy being a BLM activist, and I guess directly or between the lines that this must somehow be a BLM sanctioned operation?

I can't claim only the right does this type thing, but is there no situation where the news (and possibly our own thoughts) doesn't go "and this is exactly representative of millions of other people who share a common belief on something!" You'd think being a black undisputed dirtbag that nobody is defending would be good enough, but no. Let's cast a wide net to implicate as many people as possible in this single deadly event.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
My coworker just informed me Fox is now leaning heavy on this guy being a BLM activist, and I guess directly or between the lines that this must somehow be a BLM sanctioned operation?

I can't claim only the right does this type thing, but is there no situation where the news (and possibly our own thoughts) doesn't go "and this is exactly representative of millions of other people who share a common belief on something!" You'd think being a black undisputed dirtbag that nobody is defending would be good enough, but no. Let's cast a wide net to implicate as many people as possible in this single deadly event.
Fox is full of crap.

When a white supremacist who proudly displays the confederate flag (Dylan Roof) murders people in a church because they are black, he’s a lone wolf.

If a black person kills somebody, the blame falls on the entire BLM movement.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fox is full of crap.

When a white supremacist who proudly displays the confederate flag (Dylan Roof) murders people in a church because they are black, he’s a lone wolf.

Also Fox uses "justified anger" when it's somebody on their side acting out of line.

The main reason I'm saying this isn't 100% a right-leaning phenomenon because "Trump supporter" and everything that gets assumed to go with that, and even I have to admit it's hard to hear "Trump supporter" and not automatically assign a lot of ugly baggage to that person.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Fox is full of crap.

Let's not forget the whole "very fine people on both sides"

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was a Christmas parade, right? Why has F'News not brought this up as another skirmish in the war on Christmas?

I was first ashamed of this, but quickly learned I wasn't the only one whose first thought was why the fuck is there a Christmas parade when Thanksgiving hasn't even passed yet? I guarantee that was being asked in newsrooms off camera.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I guess I need to understand laws around bail, they set it at $5 million, supposedly to ensure he won't get out on it this time. Why would they even allow bail for such a heinous crime anyway? I'm guessing it must be a law.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I guess I need to understand laws around bail, they set it at $5 million, supposedly to ensure he won't get out on it this time. Why would they even allow bail for such a heinous crime anyway? I'm guessing it must be a law.

Yeah, it's baked into the law by this point. I don't think there's anything specific about it in the Constitution, but you could probably point out habeas corpus, and innocent until proven guilty as some justification for it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It must be a Wisconsin thing. In the District of Columbia, there is no cash bail. If you’re determined to be too great a risk to the community (or a flight risk) you are remanded to custody. In this case, I wonder if they set bail at $1000 because they figured the guy could afford it and they saw it as a source of income?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's baked into the law by this point. I don't think there's anything specific about it in the Constitution, but you could probably point out habeas corpus, and innocent until proven guilty as some justification for it.
Not specific but the constitution mentions “excessive bail”. I guess that what excessive means is up to everyone and every state but I don’t see impossible that some legislature interprets no chance for bail as “excessive”.

Top Bottom
1 2