2021 NFL Season

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Every time CBS puts up a graphic about the Chiefs, I want to open a box of Cheez-Its.

And every time I see Tyreek Hill tackled I always wonder what the flag is for. But it is his damn yellow shoes. :ROFLMAO:

That was one hell of a game. Just after Butker kicked the FG to put the Chiefs up 26-21, the wife wanted to watch some TV. So I hit record and had her put my phone away so I couldn't pick it up and see a notification. When I got back to it, I normally skip through the talk and just watch the plays, but I watched every minute of the rest of the game (except commercials).

And Yes, I agree the OT rules in the playoffs need to be changed. KC was the beneficiary this time, but just a couple of years ago they watched Brady do the same thing to them. Each team should get the ball no matter what.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I know. I winced when the ball went in for a touchback.

Yup. Each team should get the ball at least once. College football has the right idea.
Deciding the season on a coin toss isn’t a great idea. Both defenses were dead on their feet by the end, so the coin toss winner was all but guaranteed to win.

But the Bills might have known that Mahomes could move the ball 40+ yards in 10 seconds with 3 timeouts. They should have taken their chances on a kick return instead… probably knock 5-8 seconds off the clock and make it a Hail Mary situation. Oh well, they probably figured the D could keep Mahomes from getting that far, and the Bills have a bad history with kickoff returns on the last play of a playoff game (Titans), so…

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Here is a curious possibility. According to the NFL rotation, odd-numbered SBs designate the AFC team as the visitor and the NFC team as the host, and even numbered ones the opposite. This is LVI, so the AFC team is the "home" team. Which could be strangely twisted if the Rams win on Sunday, because that means they would be the visiting team in their own stadium.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Here is a curious possibility. According to the NFL rotation, odd-numbered SBs designate the AFC team as the visitor and the NFC team as the host, and even numbered ones the opposite. This is LVI, so the AFC team is the "home" team. Which could be strangely twisted if the Rams win on Sunday, because that means they would be the visiting team in their own stadium.

Wonder if they will get to use their own locker room. Or will they have to use the "visiting" locker room. Both the Rams and Chargers have their own locker rooms, but the visiting locker room is much smaller and according to former Viking's coach Zimmer, there is not room to have a full squad meeting.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
More about the '22 season and beyond, but Saints coach Payton is stepping down:

Rumor is McCarthy in Dallas will have 1 more year to prove himself, then Payton will come in to make sure Jerry gets his money out of Dak.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Works for me. :)
IMG_9086.JPG

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LOL. Bengals-Chiefs is at halftime, and while the commentators (Bill Cowher, Boomer Esaison, et al) are talking about the game, they’re being largely drowned out by loud music—the audio feed from the half-time act.

It’s not loud in the background…it’s actually a musical audio feed overriding all other audio. It lasted the entire segment.

That’s a new one on me. 😂

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
LOL. Bengals-Chiefs is at halftime, and while the commentators (Bill Cowher, Boomer Esaison, et al) are talking about the game, they’re being largely drowned out by loud music—the audio feed from the half-time act.

It’s not loud in the background…it’s actually a musical audio feed overriding all other audio. It lasted the entire segment.

That’s a new one on me. 😂

Hahaha, holy smokes, we have it on, and the wife was on her computer, I was like, "Is that music coming from your machine?", that's a production clusterfuck :D

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Sophisticated audio boards can mix down discrete audio channels twenty ways to Sunday. Yes, this mix was a royal screw up, but once the halftime report started there was probably little they could do about it. The middle of a live segment is not the time to be experimenting with volume levels and reassigning audio channels.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
If the Rams win it’ll be because of Cooper Kupp.

In fact, OBJ’s dad is already composing a tweet asking why Matt Stafford isn’t throwing to his son.

Top Bottom
1 2