23 and Me hacked

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
1696629275915.png

1696629302561.png

1696629340155.png

That’s all really bad. @Eric I have posted this in the right forum or should this go into technology so more people can see it?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Definitely the right forum. How sad is this? I'll never understand the hatred and targeting of Jewish people, it all seems so senseless. But it's like we're living with the rise of Hitler again in the age of MAGA and Trump.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
Unfortunately, something like this was bound to happen.
The only secure data is data that is never stored anywhere. All data that is available can be misused someday. And with DNA it‘s even worse. You can change a lot of things, but you cannot change your DNA.

Since Eric brings up Hitler: One reason the Nazis were so efficient agains the Jews was the fact that they got machines from IBM to make handling of the data much easier.
With the technology available today, probably not a single Jew in Germany or the Nazi occupied regions would have survived.
This is why I‘m always angry when any government wants to collect more and more data on its citizens Yeah, you claim to be the good ones, but even if you are, who guarantees that the next government still is and doesn‘t use the available data for evil.

There a most likely loads of books written about the subject why there is so much hatred agains the Jews, but there will be no rational explanation, I bet.
Uhh, they killed Jesus. No, it wasn’t “the Jews“, but a few priests who thought he would be dangerous for their position of power, who delivered him to Pilatus. And in the end it was the Romans who nailed him to the cross, but I don‘t see anyone blaming Italians for it today, because that also would be just stupid.
In Medieval Europe they were blamed for poisoning wells and people who borrowed money from Jews complained about interest rates.
Even in 19th century London there was much hate against the Jews. Just one example:
Near the murder site of one of Jack the Ripper‘s victims some graffiti was found that something like this:
The Jews are the ones that will not be blamed for nothing.
The commissioner had it erased before the photographer arrived, because he was afraid it would cause riots if it were leaked to the press, therefore the spelling and wording is not quite clear, because there are several differing accounts.

Sorry for this tangent, my point is, apart from the technical issue of this story, the hate against Jews is absolutely senseless. But some people love fear-mongering to rally the stupid masses behind themselves, I guess.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, something like this was bound to happen.
The only secure data is data that is never stored anywhere. All data that is available can be misused someday. And with DNA it‘s even worse. You can change a lot of things, but you cannot change your DNA.

Since Eric brings up Hitler: One reason the Nazis were so efficient agains the Jews was the fact that they got machines from IBM to make handling of the data much easier.
With the technology available today, probably not a single Jew in Germany or the Nazi occupied regions would have survived.
This is why I‘m always angry when any government wants to collect more and more data on its citizens Yeah, you claim to be the good ones, but even if you are, who guarantees that the next government still is and doesn‘t use the available data for evil.

There a most likely loads of books written about the subject why there is so much hatred agains the Jews, but there will be no rational explanation, I bet.
Uhh, they killed Jesus. No, it wasn’t “the Jews“, but a few priests who thought he would be dangerous for their position of power, who delivered him to Pilatus. And in the end it was the Romans who nailed him to the cross, but I don‘t see anyone blaming Italians for it today, because that also would be just stupid.
In Medieval Europe they were blamed for poisoning wells and people who borrowed money from Jews complained about interest rates.
Even in 19th century London there was much hate against the Jews. Just one example:
Near the murder site of one of Jack the Ripper‘s victims some graffiti was found that something like this:
The Jews are the ones that will not be blamed for nothing.
The commissioner had it erased before the photographer arrived, because he was afraid it would cause riots if it were leaked to the press, therefore the spelling and wording is not quite clear, because there are several differing accounts.

Sorry for this tangent, my point is, apart from the technical issue of this story, the hate against Jews is absolutely senseless. But some people love fear-mongering to rally the stupid masses behind themselves, I guess.
Also Jews were and still are by many bigots largely seen as an immigrants and outsiders, even if they’d been living in said place for hundreds of years, so easy to blame. See Roma for a similar example.

I don’t think any DNA info was in the hack, at the moment that isn’t useful to a hacker and would be be terabytes of information - the million lines of info released for free would be one person’s worth. But all the personal identifying info is quite bad enough and as the posts in the OP said a gold mine for identity thieves.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’ve experienced antisemitism directed against me personally as well as against Jews in general. I think it comes from fear of things foreign that turns into hatred, heightened when conditions are rough, bolstered by the success of Jewish people in many fields. But Jews are by no means the only victims.

Sadly, Trump has made it more overt and normalized as he chides Jews for not voting for him while he claims to support them. It was evident in Charlottesville, in attacks on synagogues, in constant vilification of George Soros, and in MTG’s claim that California wildfires were caused by space lasers funded by the Rothschilds.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump should tread lightly before bashing Biden over this. Israel has always been an easy prop for Trump to use - but if he’s going to bash Biden, he’s also going to have to talk more about Israel, and the same people he courts and refuses to condemn are the white supremacists, neo-Nazis and antisemitic bigots.

And didn’t he have dinner with Kanye and Nick Fuentes on Ye’s anti-Jew spree?

Let’s talk about foreign policy and criticize the Biden admin if you choose, but the MAGA cult could gag a maggot with their hypocrisy.

*Clearly the wrong thread. 😁

Last edited:

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Trump should tread lightly before bashing Biden over this. Israel has always been an easy prop for Trump to use - but if he’s going to bash Biden, he’s also going to have to talk more about Israel, and the same people he courts and refuses to condemn are the white supremacists, neo-Nazis and antisemitic bigots.

And didn’t he have dinner with Kanye and Nick Fuentes on Ye’s anti-Jew spree?

Let’s talk about foreign policy and criticize the Biden admin if you choose, but the MAGA cult could gag a maggot with their hypocrisy.
I think you meant to post this on the Hamas-Israel thread. Too many threads right now touching on antisemitism to choose from :(

Top Bottom
1 2