Who did Christians hate today?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This should save some bandwidth keeping all the hate in one place.

So he just made Oklahoma a Christian state.

Oklahoma State Senator Calls LGBTQ People 'Filth'​

An Oklahoma state senator called LGBTQ people “filth” on Friday in response to a question about state bills that would restrict the rights of trans people and the recent death of a local nonbinary student.
“We are a religious state and we are going to fight it to keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we are a Christian state,” state Sen. Tom Woods (R) said during a public forum on Friday, as heard in audio obtained by the left-leaning group Media Matters for America.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can’t wait to hear the FFRF’s take on this. Any representative stating that the US or any state therein is Christian, should immediately lose his job on the grounds of not knowing the Constitution.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s pretty astonishing that certain segments of the right felt they were being unjustly demonized by society when in fact people weren’t giving them much of a thought at all, but once Trump got into office they then went out of their way to prove that the demonization was and is justified.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
During a recent debate in the Missouri Senate over a proposal to create rape and incest exemptions to Missouri’s abortion ban, one lawmaker argued against such exceptions by defaming God.

Republican Sen. Sandy Crawford, who called herself “a woman of faith,” argued that while rape can be “mentally taxing,” women should be required to give birth to their rapist’s child since it’s part of God’s will.

“God is perfect,” she declared on the Senate floor earlier last month. “God does not make mistakes. And for some reason he allows that to happen. Bad things happen.”

I don’t know if Crawford, who teaches a Sunday School class for elementary-aged girls at her Baptist church, has thought about the theological implications of her remark. But as a Baptist minister I take exception to Crawford’s grotesque depiction of God as an accomplice to rape.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Which god was she talking about? And if we take her at her word, then how do I know her god is the correct one and how do I know which gods to disregard? What you find when speaking with these Christians or Muslims, is that they each have their own understanding of god. So in a room with 100 people, even if they’re wearing the same hat and singing the same song, they each have their own personal god. So out of these 100 personal gods, who should I listen to?

Why not leave god out of the whole thing and go on as if there isn’t one? And if god has something important to tell us or wants changed, how about he/she/it makes an appearance to let us know instead of sending questionable human servants, many of whom deliver opposing and contradicting messages?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
During a recent debate in the Missouri Senate over a proposal to create rape and incest exemptions to Missouri’s abortion ban, one lawmaker argued against such exceptions by defaming God.

Republican Sen. Sandy Crawford, who called herself “a woman of faith,” argued that while rape can be “mentally taxing,” women should be required to give birth to their rapist’s child since it’s part of God’s will.

“God is perfect,” she declared on the Senate floor earlier last month. “God does not make mistakes. And for some reason he allows that to happen. Bad things happen.”

I don’t know if Crawford, who teaches a Sunday School class for elementary-aged girls at her Baptist church, has thought about the theological implications of her remark. But as a Baptist minister I take exception to Crawford’s grotesque depiction of God as an accomplice to rape.

Her attitude towards rape is a perfect example of why her assertion that “God is perfect and doesn’t make mistakes” is wrong.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

I thought that was a really great article. Thanks for sharing. I like that it's not from someone opposing her; she's getting called out by someone on her side. It was refreshing to read something from a religious person these days that isn't completely bat-shit crazy. Nice to know there are still some normal Christians out there.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
This should save some bandwidth keeping all the hate in one place.

So he just made Oklahoma a Christian state.

Oklahoma State Senator Calls LGBTQ People 'Filth'​

An Oklahoma state senator called LGBTQ people “filth” on Friday in response to a question about state bills that would restrict the rights of trans people and the recent death of a local nonbinary student.
“We are a religious state and we are going to fight it to keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we are a Christian state,” state Sen. Tom Woods (R) said during a public forum on Friday, as heard in audio obtained by the left-leaning group Media Matters for America.

First of all, any politician who refers to any group of people as “filth” doesn’t deserve to be in office.

I don’t understand why this whole Trans thing has become such a cultural flashpoint. I don’t know why the right wants to politically dictate how gender dysphoria is managed. This should be a topic for the medical and psych institutions to determine. To be clear, this is a topic of legitimate concern at the moment within the medical community- not because of intolerance, rather alarming statistics. But I also don’t really understand why some on the left promote (for a lack of a better word) sexuality with children, especially pre-pubescent children.

The activist community for transgenderism is also notoriously vicious, which I think at this point is hurting their cause. Anyone who questions or opposes topics on their agenda are labeled as transphobic. We can’t even get quality research because institutions are too afraid an outcome contrary to activists message will result in too much backlash (including lobbying of sponsors to cut funding).

It’s just amazing how much energy both sides put into this despite being relevant to a very small number of people. Trans rights, access to treatment, having information to make informed decisions, social acceptance etc are all important issues, but there are many other important issues in life that receive far too little attention. Addiction for example is far more prevalent, causes far more deaths, access to treatment is terrible, it affects all walks of life, yet receives minimal activism.

We often hear the term “anti-LGBT” in reference to Christians, such as here. I don’t even think it’s fair to use the term LGBT in most contexts because it’s really Transgenderism that they take issue with, specifically transgenderism in relation to children and sports. Polls have shown homosexuality is accepted among the majority of Christians and acceptance makes bounds with every generation.

I think people need to be careful too about not making pejorative generalizations about groups of people. I don’t think it’s fair to call Christians generally as Transphobic or homophobic for the same reason as we don’t say Muslims are terrorists. Christianity encompasses a massive spectrum of people. I literally saw a church in Boston not long ago advertising a drag event.

Obviously there are Christian groups and individuals who do promote LGBT hatred. They deserve condemnation. But I think it’s just important, maybe even more so, to recognize the Christians who do accept the LGBT community.

Christianity is far from the only religion with anti-LGBT aspects. Minority groups are not immune either. Transphobia among homosexuals is becoming a well recognized issue.

As a Jew I understand how dangerous and divisive hate can be. People need to confront disagreements with respect, not assume the worst motives, and focus on persuasion rather than vilify. There’s no reason that society is becoming more divisive.

IMG_3375.jpeg

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
First of all, any politician who refers to any group of people as “filth” doesn’t deserve to be in office.

I don’t understand why this whole Trans thing has become such a cultural flashpoint. I don’t know why the right wants to politically dictate how gender dysphoria is managed. This should be a topic for the medical and psych institutions to determine. To be clear, this is a topic of legitimate concern at the moment within the medical community- not because of intolerance, rather alarming statistics. But I also don’t really understand why some on the left promote (for a lack of a better word) sexuality with children, especially pre-pubescent children.

The activist community for transgenderism is also notoriously vicious, which I think at this point is hurting their cause. Anyone who questions or opposes topics on their agenda are labeled as transphobic. We can’t even get quality research because institutions are too afraid an outcome contrary to activists message will result in too much backlash (including lobbying of sponsors to cut funding).

It’s just amazing how much energy both sides put into this despite being relevant to a very small number of people. Trans rights, access to treatment, having information to make informed decisions, social acceptance etc are all important issues, but there are many other important issues in life that receive far too little attention. Addiction for example is far more prevalent, causes far more deaths, access to treatment is terrible, it affects all walks of life, yet receives minimal activism.

We often hear the term “anti-LGBT” in reference to Christians, such as here. I don’t even think it’s fair to use the term LGBT in most contexts because it’s really Transgenderism that they take issue with, specifically transgenderism in relation to children and sports. Polls have shown homosexuality is accepted among the majority of Christians and acceptance makes bounds with every generation.

I think people need to be careful too about not making pejorative generalizations about groups of people. I don’t think it’s fair to call Christians generally as Transphobic or homophobic for the same reason as we don’t say Muslims are terrorists. Christianity encompasses a massive spectrum of people. I literally saw a church in Boston not long ago advertising a drag event.

Obviously there are Christian groups and individuals who do promote LGBT hatred. They deserve condemnation. But I think it’s just important, maybe even more so, to recognize the Christians who do accept the LGBT community.

Christianity is far from the only religion with anti-LGBT aspects. Minority groups are not immune either. Transphobia among homosexuals is becoming a well recognized issue.

As a Jew I understand how dangerous and divisive hate can be. People need to confront disagreements with respect, not assume the worst motives, and focus on persuasion rather than vilify. There’s no reason that society is becoming more divisive.

View attachment 28630
While I agree with you that a lot of “Christians” are more accepting to LGB lifestyle, the institution of Christianity is not. Yes, there are some Protestant denominations that are more accepting of that lifestyle than others, but the discrimination and judgement still in the news constantly. The case of the baker refusing to provide his services to a gay couple because of his religious beliefs.

I wish that Christians would remember that their religion/faith/relationship with god is theirs and theirs alone. Also to remember from the own teachings in the Bible, that it isn’t their place to judge.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 28630
I see it as just a thing to fight with Dems about. Any issue will do, abortion, vaccines, anything to disagree and win elections over it. The vaccine thing was especially weird, IMO. You know plenty of Rs have no problem with vaccines in theory, they didn't used to.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

You would see the amount of time the left puts into this would decline if the energy the right put into it would do the same.

It's a fight for equality. It's easy for you or I to say its not a big issue, or that there are more pressing issues. Well, that can be said of just about anything that isn't war or a nuclear threat. It's also easier to say if you don't have a suicidal child, or are trying to guide your child through healthcare options only to face red tape or, even worse, threats of prosecution.

It should be important to people because whatever shackles they put on LGBTQ people can easily be put on Jewish people, or minorities, or anyone they disagree with, really.

The church is only respectable to the degree that its lost power over the decades. If they regained that power, you can bet whatever progress has been made would be wiped out.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
You would see the amount of time the left puts into this would decline if the energy the right put into it would do the same.

It's a fight for equality. It's easy for you or I to say its not a big issue, or that there are more pressing issues. Well, that can be said of just about anything that isn't war or a nuclear threat. It's also easier to say if you don't have a suicidal child, or are trying to guide your child through healthcare options only to face red tape or, even worse, threats of prosecution.

It should be important to people because whatever shackles they put on LGBTQ people can easily be put on Jewish people, or minorities, or anyone they disagree with, really.

This. The biggest reason I'm involved is because we went from a country with growing acceptance, to a drastic about face in the legislatures. The support people in my family need access to is suddenly under threat. No **** that's going to wake some folks up and get them moving. And as you point out, this is the thin wedge. For someone looking to curtail someone else's rights, it's easier to start with a vulnerable population. Especially if that population is not well known among the larger masses.

The Jewish population in Germany was less than 1% when they were made into the enemy. It surprises me very little that a small population winds up in the crosshairs here too.

I can't blame them. The prominent US researchers in this space not that long ago were pushing extremely paternalistic ideas at best, and they are still around making their case. And now we have motivated actors at play that want to amplify poor research and muddy the waters further to support a legislative agenda to curtail medical access they've already had (adversarial as it may be). I cannot blame them at all for not wanting to work with a medical system that's been their adversary for decades. I also cannot blame them for not being excited at the idea of being used in research that could very well be turned into fodder to deny them access to what they see as important care.

This wouldn't even be the only group with mistrust. African Americans and Native Americans both demonstrate mistrust due to how they have been treated in the past when it comes to the medical community. But generally these groups can avoid the community, despite the worse outcomes. The trans community is more entangled with the medical community, which makes things different, but I don't see why the dynamic is any different here, or why they must be a model minority in order to be afforded dignity.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I grew up going to church. In the churches I always went to part of the required reading was a book called the Bible. There's a story in that book of a woman that God actually did want to be pregnant. It was part of "God's Plan". So he snapped his fingers (just guessing here as I wasn't present, but a finger snap feels right) and said "Hey Mary, you're pregnant".

So if a 13 year-old rape victim is part of God's Plan, what happened? Did he lose the recipe for baby making? Is he bored or losing his mind? Did the audiences back in the day say "That was cool and all, but next time maybe make it a little more violent? Perhaps a beating or a rape? Or both!" If he wanted the virgin thing to be special just for his own family, that's cool. But the God we're talking about created the whole universe. If he wanted women to get pregnant, it seems like he could find another non-violent option to accomplish the goal. Like magical water that impregnates some women when they shower or something. Or, give that baby to one of the families desperately praying to get pregnant instead of someone desperately praying to pass her math test.

I just find it interesting that in the one documented case (that I'm aware of) where God's plan was to have a woman be pregnant, he found a far classier option than rape to accomplish that goal. Poor guy knocks up one chick with a little hoo-doo and suddenly he's taking the heat for ALL the unwanted pregnancies out there.

For what it's worth, while growing up in those churches, I did from time to time hear the "It's horrible, but we don't know God's plan and this is how he wanted it" sermon. Interesting side note: it's the same sermon you'll hear a year later if the baby tragically dies. I don't know the whole plan, but it seems like it would be more efficient to stop killing the kids we already have to make room for babies people don't want.

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
But I also don’t really understand why some on the left promote (for a lack of a better word) sexuality with children, especially pre-pubescent children.

Sorry, I am not sure what you are talking about here.

The Right (pronounced with a Southern accent, so that it sounds like "rat") Wing insists on ignorance for children. It is about more than sexuality, but that is a flashpoint, because it easily generates outrage. People not of the RW typically view children learning the facts about sex as a good thing. If little Cindy is not taught about sex, she will not realize that what Uncle Zed is doing to her is inappropriate. Children have grown up on farms where they watched the livestock copulating, and most of them were not damaged by it. Your wording seems to suggest that the Left encourages pedophilia, which is ridiculous.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Sorry, I am not sure what you are talking about here.

The Right (pronounced with a Southern accent, so that it sounds like "rat") Wing insists on ignorance for children. It is about more than sexuality, but that is a flashpoint, because it easily generates outrage. People not of the RW typically view children learning the facts about sex as a good thing. If little Cindy is not taught about sex, she will not realize that what Uncle Zed is doing to her is inappropriate. Children have grown up on farms where they watched the livestock copulating, and most of them were not damaged by it. Your wording seems to suggest that the Left encourages pedophilia, which is ridiculous.
Yoused,
You missed "MAGA, MAGA, MAGA!!!!!"

Top Bottom
1 2