RIP Alan Arkin

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Glengarry Glen Ross. Perfect performance.
I’ve heard it was excellent, with an incredible ensemble cast, but never saw it. I’m going to watch it in the next day or two. Thank you for posting.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve heard it was excellent, with an incredible ensemble cast, but never saw it. I’m going to watch it in the next day or two. Thank you for posting.
I’ve actually never seen The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming so that’s on my list now.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I’ve actually never seen The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming so that’s on my list now.
It is a classic, but if you are a dozen years younger than me, you might have some difficulty connecting with the atmosphere. It does work pretty well on its own, though – he was nominated for an Oscar for his performance.

Also, if you have not seen the original The In-Laws, you must. I have not seen very much of the remake, but what I did see looked like hot garbage compared to the Falk/Arkin version.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
It is a classic, but if you are a dozen years younger than me, you might have some difficulty connecting with the atmosphere. It does work pretty well on its own, though – he was nominated for an Oscar for his performance.
Agree. The movie holds up quite well even if you're not familiar with the cold war zeitgeist. Every time I think of it, "Emergency! Everybody to get from street!" comes to mind first.

Top Bottom
1 2