ChatGPT goes to University of Minnesota law school and passes final exams

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Of course they will. Locked browsers, test monitoring, it will all work out.
Ugh! The lock down browser is the bane of my existence this academic year. It was great during the pandemic, but trying to implement it back in the classroom has just been awful. It is a resource hog with a lot of client and server side issues. However, everyone and I mean everyone (but your local network IT folks) looks at it as a network issue and blames the network.

I wish there was some actual development in the lockdown browser technology.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
A locked down browser is fine for tests, but how would you do it for a research paper that students are writing in their homes, dorms or apartments.

It certainly is a long way from buying term papers from the back of magazines with the promise the same paper won't be sold to any other students at the same university. I did know a kid who did this and the dumba$$ didn't even bother to retype it. Just typed up a new cover page and turned it in. He failed. :eek:

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
A locked down browser is fine for tests, but how would you do it for a research paper that students are writing in their homes, dorms or apartments.

It certainly is a long way from buying term papers from the back of magazines with the promise the same paper won't be sold to any other students at the same university. I did know a kid who did this and the dumba$$ didn't even bother to retype it. Just typed up a new cover page and turned it in. He failed. :eek:
Well yeah, a research paper is kind of a start and stop thing. At least it was in my day, as I went to the Library look through the catalog using the dewey decimal system, and looking for reference materials. Times have changed I guess... đź‘´

It would work for an essay in a test, as it records you stop using the browser and exiting or opening up another browser, and then you have to explain to your professor why. Hint; You could just say it crashed or became unresponsive. Lots and lots of bugs.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can remember many years ago having students turn in research papers where they hadn’t even bothered to un-highlight the html where they had just copy/pasted from a webpage. Not all students have gotten smarter.

Top Bottom
1 2