COVID Stupid

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Just found out my uncle had a heart attack the other day. As if that wasn't bad enough, he couldn't get into the local hospital because all the beds are full with covid patients. So he had to be air lifted to another hospital an hour & minutes away. ( I know an ambulance ride minutes away can be up to $400, I can't imagine what air lifting costs ) As if that isn't an imposition enough, family now need to travel all that way to be with him.

Seriously, I don't wish ill ( literally ) on the anti vaxxers or covid deniers that are now suffering from possible legitimate beliefs, but fuck all if your a selfish twat in your feelings wanting to own libs believing that the guy who wanted to ignore the pandemic should still be in charge so you won't take medicine. 🤬🤬🤬🤬 Again it's this fucking selfishness and no fucks given for others that will condemn & harm others who shouldn't be. Some people can't think past their own feelings about the domino effect this has on others, those who are working too damn hard taking care of them, and those that suffer who have loved ones at risk.

It used to be you were afraid of going to the hospital, because going to the hospital understandably sucks. Waiting seemingly endlessly to be finally seen if it's in the emergency room, the costs, the reasons that warrant you even finally dragging yourself reluctantly... NOW you have to consider that even if you did force yourself, they may not be able to help you because of some knuckle dragging natural immunity didn't work out so well for them nor horse dewormer _______________ now fill all the beds & hallways, so going to the hospital maybe even less of an option.

fuck-eme-memecenter-com-charlie-brown-doesnt-say-aaugh-these-days-53686417.png

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just found out my uncle had a heart attack the other day. As if that wasn't bad enough, he couldn't get into the local hospital because all the beds are full with covid patients. So he had to be air lifted to another hospital an hour & minutes away. ( I know an ambulance ride minutes away can be up to $400, I can't imagine what air lifting costs ) As if that isn't an imposition enough, family now need to travel all that way to be with him.

Seriously, I don't wish ill ( literally ) on the anti vaxxers or covid deniers that are now suffering from possible legitimate beliefs, but fuck all if your a selfish twat in your feelings wanting to own libs believing that the guy who wanted to ignore the pandemic should still be in charge so you won't take medicine. 🤬🤬🤬🤬 Again it's this fucking selfishness and no fucks given for others that will condemn & harm others who shouldn't be. Some people can't think past their own feelings about the domino effect this has on others, those who are working too damn hard taking care of them, and those that suffer who have loved ones at risk.

It used to be you were afraid of going to the hospital, because going to the hospital understandably sucks. Waiting seemingly endlessly to be finally seen if it's in the emergency room, the costs, the reasons that warrant you even finally dragging yourself reluctantly... NOW you have to consider that even if you did force yourself, they may not be able to help you because of some knuckle dragging natural immunity didn't work out so well for them nor horse dewormer _______________ now fill all the beds & hallways, so going to the hospital maybe even less of an option.

Sorry about that, I hope he recovers quickly. April 2020 my father had a stroke, and it was the height of the first wave, plus the uncertainty of the disease. We weren't allowed to go visit him and had to rely on the meager communications with the hospital. One afternoon, I got a call as the alternate healthcare proxy. He was having seizures and I had to give permission for them to look and repair any damaged arteries in his brain. We didn't hear that he survived for 12 - 15 hours or so.

I think the hospitals today are just exhausted with the pandemic. I was in a doctors office at the hospital just last week with my SO who had foot surgery in November. She was having a follow up and there was a person hacking up a lung in the waiting room. I assumed that they went through the same check-in process where you are screened to entered. I do not know how they got past the desk, coughing as much as they were.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just found out my uncle had a heart attack the other day. As if that wasn't bad enough, he couldn't get into the local hospital because all the beds are full with covid patients. So he had to be air lifted to another hospital an hour & minutes away. ( I know an ambulance ride minutes away can be up to $400, I can't imagine what air lifting costs ) As if that isn't an imposition enough, family now need to travel all that way to be with him. Seriously, I don't wish ill ( literally ) on the anti vaxxers or covid deniers that are now suffering from possible legitimate beliefs, but fuck all if your a selfish twat in your feelings wanting to own libs believing that the guy who wanted to ignore the pandemic should still be in charge so you won't take medicine. 🤬🤬🤬🤬 Again it's this fucking selfishness and no fucks given for others that will condemn & harm others who shouldn't be. Some people can't think past their own feelings about the domino effect this has on others, those who are working too damn hard taking care of them, and those that suffer who have loved ones at risk. It used to be you were afraid of going to the hospital, because going to the hospital understandably sucks. Waiting seemingly endlessly to be finally seen if it's in the emergency room, the costs, the reasons that warrant you even finally dragging yourself reluctantly... NOW you have to consider that even if you did force yourself, they may not be able to help you because of some knuckle dragging natural immunity didn't work out so well for them nor horse dewormer _______________ now fill all the beds & hallways, so going to the hospital maybe even less of an option.
So sorry he had to go through all that. This is what is infuriating with these antivaxxers. They think their decisions don’t affect anyone else. Fucking bullshit. They’re taking resources away from people that legitimately need care. Their hospital visit would be completely avoidable if they took a few minutes to get a fucking free and very safe vaccine. But nooooo, freedumbs and reasons. 😡

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Is your area back to the waiting room thing? Most here are still "wait in your car and we'll text you." Which both the wife and I prefer.
Yep, in Boston or at least this hospital which is actually in Cambridge and the teaching hospital for a certain university right next door.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

That sucks. I hope your uncle recovers.

I was just saying yesterday, it's too bad an anti-vaxer isn't booted from their spot for real emergencies. Let THEM be the ones to get air-lifted elsewhere or sent back home. It's a public resource. It's a shame it's being squandered by those who have no desire to do what they can to help relieve the burden.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Florida’s governor and Surgeon General are doubling down on the stupid today at an angry press conference.

TLDR: It’s all Biden’s fault, testing is worthless, masks don’t work, 👉😛👈 lalalalala I can’t hear you!

Ladapo, the surgeon general...
Ladapo on Monday also said he hoped to “unwind the testing mentality the federal government has gotten us into over the last two years,” after Florida reported more than 298,000 new COVID-19 cases last week and a test positivity rate of 26.5 percent.

“It’s important people are making decisions they want about vaccinations, and enjoy the fact that many people have natural immunity,” he said.
Yes, enjoy your COVID infection and hospitalization, everybody.

DeSantis, the governor:
The governor insisted—despite ample evidence to the contrary—that masks were largely ineffective and that kids “do not need to be doing any crazy mitigation.”

“Just let them be kids,” he said. “I think it’s pretty clear, a lot of this mitigation, it hasn’t worked period.”

DeSantis drilled down on masks in particular, shredding Dr. Anthony Fauci and other experts, who have continued to defend their use claiming that “it’s not ultimately really sound science.”

“You even see some of these TV doctors on CNN admitting that cloth masks are not going to stop—protect against Omicron,” DeSantis said. “Simply putting cloth over and thinking that somehow that is going to provide good protection, that’s just not accurate.”

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Likely got his medical degree from Trump University. :)
He actually got it from Harvard… but for some reason he has embraced some insane ideas since. But he isn’t a surgeon.

I’m guessing he wants to move further in politics, so he’s willing to abandon the Hippocratic oath, like many other doctors who follow similar paths.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this. It really emphasizes how collective STUPID hurts all of us. I’ve talked about COVID related triage, the problem is that STUPID is ever present, filling up all the beds, and none held in reserve for legitimate* illness.

*Today for most cases, with the readily available solution, a vaccine made and provided FREE FOR ALL (US reference), 9 times out of 10 if you are seeking hospital assistance it’s because you were STUPID, you refused the solution, and now STUPID should be given the opportunity to really learn from STUPID’s mistakes at the back of the line. The problem for hospitals is that they don’t leave empty $$$ beds. :unsure:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
You know who else has a degree from Harvard? The old Crimson just ain't what it used to be.

Well in some ways it is (e.g. graduates still coasting on their or its laurels) but the world at large may be less generous these days about hiding the incompetence of incompetents from any venue including elite universities.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
You know who else has a degree from Harvard? The old Crimson just ain't what it used to be.

Well in some ways it is (e.g. graduates still coasting on their or its laurels) but the world at large may be less generous these days about hiding the incompetence of incompetents from any venue including elite universities.
Wealth distorts everything, not always for the better. :unsure:

Top Bottom
1 2