COVID Stupid

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is your area back to the waiting room thing? Most here are still "wait in your car and we'll text you." Which both the wife and I prefer.
Our vet did that. Sit in the car with the cats until someone comes to get you. My doctor? Fuggetaboutit. Waiting room has always been packed and I had to recommend they put hand sanitizer next to the self-check-in screens.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
An extreme right-wing judge appointed by George W Bush has ruled that Navy SEALs don’t have to comply with vaccine requirements. This will almost assuredly be tossed out on appeal, because it's really absurd. The amount of precedent allowing the military to mandate vaccinations is overwhelming. This judge cares nothing for precedent or the law. He just cares about his personal agenda.

His rulings have been shut down on appeal many times, but he keeps issuing garbage rulings regardless. Examples: trying to invalidate the entire Affordable Care Act, allowing companies to fire people for being gay, asserting that white farmers are being discriminated against because of a debt relief program for black farmers... Yep, he is the poster child for the racist right. Great appointment, Dubya.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Almost reassuring we in the US maybe don’t have exclusive World wide rights to STUPID. :oops:

Wasn’t the modern anti-vaxx movement started by a British Doctor who published false information about the MMR vaccine and was struck off in the UK? He relocated to America where the anti-establishment and distrust of the government culture was a perfect platform for his lies. Not saying Americans are more impressionable [emoji13]

I have found with covid conspiracy theories, a lot of the sources come from American doctors, or websites now. There is a retired virologist called Mike Yeadon who has found fame spreading misinformation about the vaccines here and he is trusted by anti-vaxxers because he’s ‘a doctor’ and once worked for ‘Pfizer’ until 2011, although he didn’t work with vaccines whilst there! lol Still an expert though [emoji2359]

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wasn’t the modern anti-vaxx movement started by a British Doctor who published false information about the MMR vaccine and was struck off in the UK? He relocated to America where the anti-establishment and distrust of the government culture was a perfect platform for his lies. Not saying Americans are more impressionable [emoji13]

I have found with covid conspiracy theories, a lot of the sources come from American doctors, or websites now. There is a retired virologist called Mike Yeadon who has found fame spreading misinformation about the vaccines here and he is trusted by anti-vaxxers because he’s ‘a doctor’ and once worked for ‘Pfizer’ until 2011, although he didn’t work with vaccines whilst there! lol Still an expert though [emoji2359]
I honestly don’t know. This article covers the history, Britain had a vaccination law in 1853, and it identifies the start of the modern anti-vax movement, for the latter, names are mentioned, but not countries. The first I remember was the doctor in the 1980s (?) who claimed vaccinations gave children autism with zero evidence.

Among the leading figures of the movement was Lea Thompson, a reporter who in 1982 created a national debate with her television documentary, DPT: Vaccine Roulette. The program, which linked a vast range of childhood disabilities to the DTaP vaccine, led to numerous lawsuits against the vaccine's manufacturers.

In 1984, Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, a self-proclaimed "medical heretic" and one of the first anti-vaccine pediatricians, wrote the book The Medical Time Bomb of Immunization Against Disease in which he asserted that the pertussis vaccine could cause brain damage or retardation.9

In addition to deriding vaccines, Mendelsohn spoke actively against the fluoridization of the water supply, coronary bypass surgery, the licensing of nutritionists, and routine breast cancer screening.10

I can’t but help think of Dr. Strangelove and precious bodily fluids… :)

Update, I found your Brit, but we had enough stupid over here to run with it. :unsure:

The vaccine-autism myth is one chilling example of fraudulent science. February 28, 2018 marks the 20th anniversary of an infamous article published in the prestigious medical journal, The Lancet, in which Andrew Wakefield, a former British doctor, falsely linked the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine to autism.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
If Flori
Our vet did that. Sit in the car with the cats until someone comes to get you. My doctor? Fuggetaboutit. Waiting room has always been packed and I had to recommend they put hand sanitizer next to the self-check-in screens.

So far our vet, the wife's chiropractor and our dentist is doing that. They just text when it is your time. I'm sure it slows them down a couple of minutes because it takes more time to come in from the car vs. being in the waiting room.

But the wife's chiropractor talked to me about closing off 3/4 of his waiting room to become his office and turning his old office into a treatment room. It wasn't feasible because we would have had to move the bathrooms but he was prepared to do away with the majority of his waiting room permanently. He needed to keep a few chairs because some patients walked or got dropped off.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

So the now defunct study wasn't saying vaccines were bad, just the specific combined MMR vaccine was purportedly tied to autism. He was proposing that instead the child gets three painful shots instead of the one MMR, and oh who's name was on the replacement measles vaccine? You can guess...

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
😦🤬🤦🏽

The lad wanted the shot. His parents were opposed. At 17, I think a person should be able to make that choice for themself.
Originally I had mixed emotions: the young man wanted it and as a responsible 17y.o. he did the right thing. Can't say the same for the teacher. She isn't a medical professional. So many things could have gone wrong. And it will just add fuel for anti-vaxxers' stupidity fires. She's out of the classroom, and possibly out of a job.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Originally I had mixed emotions: the young man wanted it and as a responsible 17y.o. he did the right thing. Can't say the same for the teacher. She isn't a medical professional. So many things could have gone wrong. And it will just add fuel for anti-vaxxers' stupidity fires. She's out of the classroom, and possibly out of a job.
yes I think its Fine he gets it but a teacher doing it?? thats so wonky.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
yes I think its Fine he gets it but a teacher doing it?? thats so wonky.
And IIRC, the particular dosage used isn't permitted for those under 18. There should be a way for those that are eligible but encumbered by dumb parents to get vaccinated by medical professionals in a safe, efficient way.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
It is not like she taught math or history, she is (was) a biology teacher. I suspect a biology teacher is not an idiot when it comes to things like that (unless her BA is from, say, Liberty).
But she isn't a medical professional. She supposedly used the J&J shot, even though (IIRC) only Pfizer is allowed for under 18.

Video of the incident in Long Island appears to show Ms Russo telling the teenager: "You'll be fine, I hope."

Was the shot stored properly? Was it verified as unexpired? What was in place had he encountered adverse reactions? She's a flipping idiot and should lose her license to teach and if/when convicted, serve jail time. The fact that she could get up to four years if convicted should have been considered by this idiot.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
jwn80zwlbs981.jpg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The #1 male tennis player in the world has refused to get vaccinated. The Australian Open tournament organizers were going to let him play anyway ($$$$) but the Aussie government refused to let him in the country.

Top Bottom
1 2