Democrats lied about the $2,000 stimulus checks

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
But they are probably also living back home with their parents, just like they were just before college and possibly even during. I'm not mad about them getting the money, but it seems really odd to put them at the top and possibly only on the deserving and needing list. They most likely have the least immediate needs and $600 nearly a year after this began isn't exactly going to save them from some financial disaster. That loss, if they had one, is already well behind them.
That’s a big assumption. Maybe that is true for young White college grads. I only know one, and he did not move back home with his parents. But I know a ton of young Black college grads (and one poor kid who ran out of funding 2 semesters short of graduating). They cannot move back home.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s a big assumption. Maybe that is true for young White college grads. I only know one, and he did not move back home with his parents. But I know a ton of young Black college grads (and one poor kid who ran out of funding 2 semesters short of graduating). They cannot move back home.

I translated it as they are so fresh out of college that they haven't even gotten a job yet to file taxes yet. If they did file taxes then they would have gotten the federal stimulus checks. Are you suggesting there's a big population of homeless recent college graduates?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I translated it as they are so fresh out of college that they haven't even gotten a job yet to file taxes yet. If they did file taxes then they would have gotten the federal stimulus checks. Are you suggesting there's a big population of homeless recent college graduates?
They are not homeless, but that rent check eats up every penny of the salary they're getting from moving boxes at the Amazon warehouse.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can't post the article
They are not homeless, but that rent check eats up every penny of the salary they're getting from moving boxes at the Amazon warehouse.

I also realized this depends on where you live. I live in the CA Bay Area where housing costs are astronomical. You're not moving out of your parents on an entry level job.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can't post the article

I also realized this depends on where you live. I live in the CA Bay Area where housing costs are astronomical. You're not moving out of your parents on an entry level job.
What if you moved out when you left for college and your parents moved or downsized while you were gone?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Aren’t most parents like that?

None that I know. My parents didn't move and downsize until I was about 40. I also can't think of anybody else's parents who moved when their kids went to college. Again, may be where I live and people I know.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I don't believe she's up for re election soon, but you gotta believe there will be receipts.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1368026360250200070/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1368068390871502848/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1368089232372285440/

Although she did earn her own cartoon figure which is happily making the rounds on Twitter
EvxgW5GWQAMgMBx

So what's that they say? Any press is good press.

jonblatho

Power User
Reaction score
Filing taxes doesn’t necessarily guarantee a check. I filed taxes with income for the tax year 2019, but my parents were able to claim me as a dependent for 2019. I did not receive a stimulus check initially for EIP 1 or EIP 2 because based on 2019 taxes I wasn’t eligible, as an adult “qualifying child” dependent. (Under 2020 taxes I was eligible as my parents can no longer claim me, so I got $1,800 added onto my refund, which I received late last month. Thankfully, I didn’t actively need it, but I’ll gladly take it.)

This time, it looks like adult “qualifying child” dependents are included for stimulus checks, so it shouldn’t be an issue for people still in that boat. It’ll be a huge help for my friends still in or just recently out of college.

Top Bottom
1 2