Don't cook chicken in NyQuil: FDA warns about dangerous social media challenges

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Wait, so Biden didn't personally give 200 million vaccines? I feel duped!
well just the wording of the tweet in question.

he’s responsible for fully vaccinating over 200 million people.

it's poorly worded for such a strong statement. maybe something like "since biden took office over 200m people have been fully vaccinated." but again, biden had zero to do with me deciding to get the shots, and i would have done it regardless of who was president.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I agree. But I don't have time to go find all the retweets still up where Biden said "If you are vaccinated you can't catch COVID". That could cause people to get killed. Or at least very sick.

It's wrong, but it's also not like people will go out and start licking doorknobs the moment they get vaccinated. Plus, there's the fact that even though it doesn't always prevent infection, the vaccine does significantly lower the chances of developing severe symptoms, or ending up in the hospital.

I think Eric summed it up pretty well. Biden tooting his own horn and sticking his foot in his mouth on occasion doesn't quite rise to the level of the things Trump has claimed, done, or spurred on.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The other is that Conservatives never (EVER) come back with "we were mistaken, here's the actual data"

Not to take this convo too far off topic, I hope: what conservatives sometimes do is what the House Republicans today did with a new website, namely bring it up with a flourish, then promptly take it down for repairs and bring it up again password-protected and (temporarily?) missing some stuff.

Heh. The kinda stunt that makes minority leaders of the House probably want to slit their wrists. But, from a brief look at what someone mananged to stash in the web archive, Kevin McCarthy's name is at the bottom of the first draft. So yes folks the House GOP, in the mighty annoying tradition of Newt Gingrich's "Contract [for/on] America" is apparently going to bring us real soon now a website called Commitment to America.

I guess it will make its next or first real debut just as soon as the House Freedom Caucus can agree on what they themselves will commit to telling us they'll commit to in case the GOP "somehow" wins a majority in the midterms. Man I dislike the WaPo's running update sort of piece with alleged permalinks to sections of it, but here one is if you're a subscriber. It doesn't actually say much more than I did, just in fewer words lol.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm going to guess TikTok is the origin of this. *checks* Yep. SMDH 🤦‍♂️
More stupidity has come from TikTok than anywhere else. WTF is it about TikTok?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I don't know if we can even blame TikTok for it. It's not their fault their users are dumb.

I'm getting alarmed by some of the dumb though. I mean are we at the point where we have to school people formally in how to say sorry in person or by email? Really? And kids now don't even use email, usually just insult each other by text or social media commentary, and the rule appears to be don't apologize and anyway even if you need to by then you're probably banned.

sorry school for dolts.png

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I see this as two different situations. One is limiting clearly misleading or wrong information. The other is limiting political speech you don't like.

Yeah, they don’t like flagrant liars spinning their webs of deceit on their platform, trying to tear down authority that hinders their nefarious plans. How about an example of limiting political speech “they did not like” that is not a pack of lies? BTW, did Trump win the 2020 election? ;)

I would argue that they're the same thing, especially when it came to Jan 6th. The sitting president lost the election while he and his supporters used social media to spread lies and misinformation, and it was all political.
It is one of the dilemmas of freedom, where do you draw the line? I think obvious lies, and speech designed to mislead, stir the pot, with the caveat, much easier said than done. These can be very harmful to society, especially with the number of gullible or otherwise flawed people out there… :unsure:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yeah, they don’t like flagrant liars spinning their webs of deceit on their platform, trying to tear down authority that hinders their nefarious plans. How about an example of limiting political speech “they did not like” that is not a pack of lies? BTW, did Trump win the 2020 election? ;)

Hunter Biden's laptop.

You know the one that the NY Post's Twitter account was locked because they reported on it. Twitter called it misinformation, yet somehow AFTER the election both the NYT and WaPo admitted it was legit. Even Jack Dorsey said it shouldn't have been banned.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Hunter Biden's laptop.

You know the one that the NY Post's Twitter account was locked because they reported on it. Twitter called it misinformation, yet somehow AFTER the election both the NYT and WaPo admitted it was legit. Even Jack Dorsey said it shouldn't have been banned.

I can understand why everyone was initially suspicious of it. The story originated from Giuliani, who claimed he got it from a guy who knew a guy who found the laptop after it was dropped off at his computer repair shop. He then proceeded to release bits and pieces of emails supposedly sourced from the alleged laptop, never letting anyone get hands on the machine itself. The most anyone got was a harddrive with a partition they claimed was copied from the original source drive.

It sounds like a bunch of bullshit manufactured for a forced November surprise. The media only changed their stories once the FBI admitted that some of the emails that were found on the drive were legitimate after a good amount of investigation.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Hunter Biden's laptop.
This is only being discussed in conspiracy theory circles (and yes, this includes the nutjob talking heads at Fox News), the extreme right (like QAnon crazy extreme) won't let it go. It's the same stock of people claim Democrats are running pedophile rings out of pizza joints.

Outside of this, nobody in the mainstream is covering it in any way. Maybe it's time to let this go Herdfan, it's beneath you. There are plenty of legitimate things to hit Democrats that aren't so wacky partisan.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Reaction score
This is only being discussed in conspiracy theory circles (and yes, this includes the nutjob talking heads at Fox News), the extreme right (like QAnon crazy extreme) won't let it go. It's the same stock of people claim Democrats are running pedophile rings out of pizza joints.

They're still claiming the laptop contains undeniable proof that the Satanic Deep State Pedophile Sex Slave Ring, and evidence the Biden Crime Family committed treason against the US.

In reality, it looks to have provided evidence of Hunter Biden committing tax evasion/avoision.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
They're still claiming the laptop contains undeniable proof that the Satanic Deep State Pedophile Sex Slave Ring, and evidence the Biden Crime Family committed treason against the US.

In reality, it looks to have provided evidence of Hunter Biden committing tax evasion/avoision.
It's almost like those who say the Trump is still president, they don't see how irrational and on the fringe they sound. You just can't reason with nor find middle ground with people like this.

Renzatic

Reaction score
It's almost like those who say the Trump is still president, they don't see how irrational and on the fringe they sound. You just can't reason with nor find middle ground with people like this.

Don't believe everything they tell you! Do your own research! Think for yourself!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Outside of this, nobody in the mainstream is covering it in any way. Maybe it's time to let this go Herdfan, it's beneath you. There are plenty of legitimate things to hit Democrats that aren't so wacky partisan.

Could it be that they don't want to cover it because they know it will make "The Big Guy" look bad?

They will have no choice but to cover it if the GOP wins the House. They will launch an investigation and hold hearings. So you better hope for the Dem's sake there is really nothing there.

Exactly. And did any of the money come from China? It needs to be looked into and if there is nothing there, fine. But simply saying there is nothing there is not good enough.

Also, change the name Hunter to Eric or Don Jr. and just imagine how the media would be frothing at the mouth over it. And most of you know it even if you won't admit it, even to yourselves.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Could it be that they don't want to cover it because they know it will make "The Big Guy" look bad?

They will have no choice but to cover it if the GOP wins the House. They will launch an investigation and hold hearings. So you better hope for the Dem's sake there is really nothing there.

What would it show? That his son's a crackhead who dodges his tax obligations? We already saw that with Trump Jr., and it didn't really bother anyone. Our standards are much lower these days.

Though Biden does have the added benefit of not putting his crackhead son in a government position.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hunter Biden's laptop.

The entire hey I found a laptop that was mysteriously dropped off at my computer shop (by who?) reeked to high heaven. Like Hunter Biden abandoned his laptop with all manner sensitive damning info on it so some some guy in league with POS Trump could just find it at his shop?? This sounds convincing to you, really?

No wonder the story was shut down.

Top Bottom
1 2