Guns are still America’s religion

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
07F819D6-FD53-4AA0-AB1F-A9A3498ACDF6.jpeg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I believe the situation in Ukraine is similar to what the American founders were talking about when they wrote the 2nd amendment. It was NOT for people to carry guns everywhere and shoot each other at the movie theater, or mass-murder kindergarteners. I would have NO problem with each locality maintaining an armory with weapons to be distributed in case some country invades.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they weren't getting AR-15s. Boom. Resolved. Next!

Nope. Because:

1) AR's aren't automatic regardless of what the gun-hating media may have led you to believe.

2) They are getting full-auto AK's. Which fire a NATO 7.62x39 round as opposed to a NATO 5.56 which the AR fires. I could get into ballistics and kinetic energy comparisons of the two rounds, but I will leave it with "It makes a bigger hole".

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I believe the situation in Ukraine is similar to what the American founders were talking about when they wrote the 2nd amendment. It was NOT for people to carry guns everywhere and shoot each other at the movie theater, or mass-murder kindergarteners. I would have NO problem with each locality maintaining an armory with weapons to be distributed in case some country invades.
Without getting political, I suspect that if the average American were in the situation in Ukraine, despite loving their guns, they would crap themselves, start to run away and suffer a major heart attack.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
1) AR's aren't automatic regardless of what the gun-hating media may have led you to believe.
True, but with a bump stock, you can get off enough rounds in short order as to melt the barrel (which, of course, is another indication that they are not full-auto, as otherwise they would be designed to handle the auto heat load).

U

User.45

Nope. Because:

2) They are getting full-auto AK's. Which fire a NATO 7.62x39 round as opposed to a NATO 5.56 which the AR fires. I could get into ballistics and kinetic energy comparisons of the two rounds, but I will leave it with "It makes a bigger hole".
Congrats! You've successfully explained the punchlines of my joke.:D
I guess humor is harder than ballistics.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Nope. Because:

Funny, we like to call anyone supporting guns that are designed to kill as many as quickly and easily as possible kindergarten children-haters. If only Republicans were as passionate about keeping those children alive as they were getting these weapons in the hands of every right-wing nutjob who can get their hands on one.

U

User.45

Funny, we like to call anyone supporting guns that are designed to kill as many as quickly and easily as possible kindergarten children-haters. If only Republicans were as passionate about keeping those children alive as they were getting these weapons in the hands of every right-wing nutjob who can get their hands on one.
The complete lack of insight is just tragicomical. The comical part is these guys thinking they are so deep by pointing out that it's helpful to be armed in an actual war. The tragic part is that they fail to see the difference between war and normal life. The scary part is that people with such bad judgement carry weapons.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Congrats! You've successfully explained the punchlines of my joke.:D
I guess humor is harder than ballistics.

As much bad information is out there regarding AR's, it is hard to tell when someone is joking vs not knowing what they are talking about.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Exactly, Gun worship is the result of the 2A going off the rails. It’s no longer being worried about the collateral damage, as opposed to the supposed selfish benefit, even going as far pushing that lethal weapons should not be regulated.

I’d 💕 to see the 2A fixed but that’s never going to happen with the percentage of selfish, non-caring, relatively low intelligence asshats who compose both our citizens and our elected officials. (Comnent not directed at anyone in the forum).

U

User.45

As much bad information is out there regarding AR's, it is hard to tell when someone is joking vs not knowing what they are talking about.
So you assumed that
1) someone coming from around that part of the world isn't aware that Kalashnikovs and not ARs are the local standard
2) nobody else knows what you define as automatic weapon (emphasis on your definition given the bum stocks mentioned above)
3) anybody would take seriously what @Joe's post implied
+ bonus for your commentary on how much boom-boom sticks can boom.
+ conveniently ignored how these boom-boom sticks had overthrown ZERO tyrants in America, unless you consider kindergarten children tyrants.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Here's the thing: if you reduce this down to the real basics of the issue, why does it matter? I know gun fanatics always dive into the very specific details of firearm mechanics/ballistics/etc.,i.e., this:

Which fire a NATO 7.62x39 round as opposed to a NATO 5.56 which the AR fires

That's just mastabatory gun spew. When a kid gets shot, nobody should GAF about whether the ft/sec of the round used is omitted or if the firearm used might be technically, inaccurately, referred to as an "assault rifle". I mean, seriously, I've seen this exchange, almost verbatim:

"I saw a kid shot 5 other students with an automatic rifle at a high school today!"

"LOL, it was a semi-automatic".

Fuck that.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Here's the thing: if you reduce this down to the real basics of the issue, why does it matter? I know gun fanatics always dive into the very specific details of firearm mechanics/ballistics/etc.,i.e., this:

That's just mastabatory gun spew. When a kid gets shot, nobody should GAF about whether the ft/sec of the round used is omitted or if the firearm used might be technically, inaccurately, referred to as an "assault rifle". I mean, seriously, I've seen this exchange, almost verbatim:

"I saw a kid shot 5 other students with an automatic rifle at a high school today!"

Fuck that.
You nailed it. Instead of EVER conceding that guns might be a problem, they throw a hissy fit if you mis-classify exactly what type of gun was used to murder innocent people.

Let’s go to an actual well-regulated militia, where we store the community‘s weapons at local armories. You can check them out for target practice or training. Otherwise, they stay there to be distributed if we ever NEED a militia to repel an attacking force. We could make an exception for one handgun to be kept in a person’s house, with mandatory gun safe and trigger lock… if we want to still keep the idea of using guns for self-defense… which isn’t necessarily what the 2nd amendment guarantees.

U

User.45

You nailed it. Instead of EVER conceding that guns might be a problem, they throw a hissy fit if you mis-classify exactly what type of gun was used to murder innocent people.

Let’s go to an actual well-regulated militia, where we store the community‘s weapons at local armories. You can check them out for target practice or training. Otherwise, they stay there to be distributed if we ever NEED a militia to repel an attacking force. We could make an exception for one handgun to be kept in a person’s house, with mandatory gun safe and trigger lock… if we want to still keep the idea of using guns for self-defense… which isn’t necessarily what the 2nd amendment guarantees.
You'll notice one thing, the moment you want to have a meaningful discussion about how we could compromise about fulfilling the actual intended purpose of 2A and gun hoarding by LARPers, you'll get crickets.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Fuck that.

I actually agree with this.

And if the media was simply presenting information, then you would be correct in that it wouldn't matter.

But they do have an agenda. And if you are going to have an agenda then you are going to be corrected on every little thing.

Top Bottom
1 2