Guns are still America’s religion

U

User.45

U

User.45

I would not count on that. In Wisconsin, where the Tavern Association owns the state house, you can bring your under-age spawn into a bar and buy them a drink. In my state, no one under 21 enters a drinking establishment, end of story.
Oh yeah I remember whats his face. Kittenmouse drinking.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
JFC, this fucker should do 20 years minimum:

Another rager idiot, that casually draws a weapon, not in specific self-defense, but "just in case". This is the longer version of the video if you've seen the one where it starts with him shooting - this one shows the intent, to escalate with a firearm.

The thing that really stood out to me, is how scared and out of control he is - there's this in-head fantasy that the "hero with a gun" is going to be John Wick, and so many times they're just a threat to themselves and innocent bystanders.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
No idea. This is stuff that I happen to spot on the tinternet. or via Apple News.

Personally, I think the law is far too broad and open to potential abuse. So I think they should add the prerequisite that the gun carrier should also have noted issues with their relationship, classmates, or teachers. You know, so they can spot a potential bad guy shooter with the same issues. It takes one to know one. This is just a common-sense approach.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Another rager idiot, that casually draws a weapon, not in specific self-defense, but "just in case". This is the longer version of the video if you've seen the one where it starts with him shooting - this one shows the intent, to escalate with a firearm.

The thing that really stood out to me, is how scared and out of control he is - there's this in-head fantasy that the "hero with a gun" is going to be John Wick, and so many times they're just a threat to themselves and innocent bystanders.

He was an idiot for shooting at the car, but the other driver was also an idiot. He tailgated the guy after he was cut off and then threw a water bottle at his car. This is just proof that it's not worth getting into an altercation with people on the road. You don't know what the other person is capable of. You don't know their mental health. Road Rage has gotten so bad that I don't even honk at people for driving like an idiot, unless they are about to collide or hit me. If someone cuts me off I just cuss to myself in the car and move on to live another day. It's not worth it.

I bet the guy that got shot at won't do that again. I'm not saying he deserves to be shot at, but you need to pick and choose your battles. Road Rage is not worth it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Some basic background checks and a licence to carry, once the person has demonstrated proficiency, would be the first steps, but I cannot imagine that ever becoming acceptable in the US

As the saying goes, you're a stable responsible gun owner until you're not. Unfortunately, that switch over is usually denoted by somebody getting killed.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Is this the first piece of pro mass shooter legislation or are there others?

Well it's among the first splashy platforms from which 2022 campaign ads can be built in Wisconsin for sure.

And it is in fact a load of showboating, not only because the governor is a Dem and will veto the thing if it passes in the state senate, but also because the passage in the state assembly was... get this... by voice vote. Yeah. Lotta courage involved in shouting huzzah for yet more gun rights along with the rest of Wisconsin's Republican side of its assembly. What would take guts is an interview on the statehouse steps by an R whose nay vote was drowned out. No one should hold breath for that.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Well it's among the first splashy platforms from which 2022 campaign ads can be built in Wisconsin for sure.

And it is in fact a load of showboating, not only because the governor is a Dem and will veto the thing if it passes in the state senate, but also because the passage in the state assembly was... get this... by voice vote. Yeah. Lotta courage involved in shouting huzzah for yet more gun rights along with the rest of Wisconsin's Republican side of its assembly. What would take guts is an interview on the statehouse steps by an R whose nay vote was drowned out. No one should hold breath for that.

I can't imagine a lot of parents being pleased about the prospect of high school kids being armed, well except for the halfwits who think it would only be their kid and he is one of the good guys.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Some basic background checks and a licence to carry, once the person has demonstrated proficiency, would be the first steps, but I cannot imagine that ever becoming acceptable in the US

Make it a national law and I think you would be surprised at just how many gun owners would support it.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Make it a national law and I think you would be surprised at just how many gun owners would support it.

Most responsible gun owners are perfectly fine with some form of gun control and background checks. It's doing so without the talking heads screaming COMMUNISM, making it into another wedge issue to hammer during an election season that's the challenge.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I think there are some national laws that responsible 2nd amendment supporters would support. I think a lot of anti-gun people hear "What's the point if somebody can just cross the county or state line to get a gun?" as a deflection to passing any new laws but it could actually be an opportunity.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
About an hour away. IIRC, hubby participated in some conference (retreat?) there a few years ago. We were just discussing security protocols should something like this happen on campus. His school is supposedly already revising security plans and addressed today's shooting.

In an email sent at 5:04 p.m. to the students and faculty, David Bushman, the president of the college, identified the victims as John Painter, a police officer, and J.J. Jefferson, a campus safety officer. They were often referred to as a “dynamic duo,” Mr. Bushman said. “John was J.J.’s best man in his wedding this year,” he added.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I bet the guy that got shot at won't do that again.

I bet that guy goes and buys MUH GUN, so next time someone cuts him off, he can properly retaliate ... and like people said, in Flori-duh, make sure you shoot first.

(Very much agree with the PSA, don't escalate anything on the road)

Top Bottom
1 2