House Democrats introduce bill to bar Trump from office under 14th Amendment

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Likely to go nowhere but could be interesting to see where Republicans will fall on it.

House Democrats on Thursday introduced legislation that would bar former President Donald Trump from holding any federal office in the future, citing Section 3 of the 14th Amendment.

The legislation is spearheaded by Democratic Rep. David Cicilline, of Rhode Island, who was a House manager for Trump's second impeachment, and the bill also has 40 co-sponsors, all Democrats. It cites the provision in the 14th Amendment that says no one who has held government office and who "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" shall be able to hold federal office again.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I've had it with this stuff personally, all the investigations, partisan bickering, etc. It's always "us" vs "them" and neither side wants to simply work together on areas we agree for the good of all. šŸ˜ 

Neither side will compromise because the extremes of their bases will consider it an "L" and will hold it against them.

I do not understand why the middle 60% lets the extreme 5%'s control the narrative.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Neither side will compromise because the extremes of their bases will consider it an "L" and will hold it against them.

I do not understand why the middle 60% lets the extreme 5%'s control the narrative.
While there are people on both sides who are at the fringes, I don't think it's equal by any means. How many Democrats would take up the extreme positions espoused by MTG, Jordan, Gosar, Gaetz, and their lot? They have no interest in governing and no substantive ideas that would improve the lives of Americans, yet they control the GOP. DeSantis may come across as more reasonable, but his recently announced intent to investigate the vaccine manufacturers and his other policies show he's no better.

I believe many Republicans in the House and Senate would love to get back to the halcyon days when they worked with Democrats and Independents to pass meaningful legislation, but they're afraid to as long as the party is in thrall to the crazies.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
While there are people on both sides who are at the fringes, I don't think it's equal by any means. How many Democrats would take up the extreme positions espoused by MTG, Jordan, Gosar, Gaetz, and their lot? They have no interest in governing and no substantive ideas that would improve the lives of Americans, yet they control the GOP. DeSantis may come across as more reasonable, but his recently announced intent to investigate the vaccine manufacturers and his other policies show he's no better.

I believe many Republicans in the House and Senate would love to get back to the halcyon days when they worked with Democrats and Independents to pass meaningful legislation, but they're afraid to as long as the party is in thrall to the crazies.

If McCarthy becomes speaker heā€™ll spend most of his time running the extremist agenda. You canā€™t say the same about Pelosi and the progressives. The right seems to have a problem making the distinction between AOC tweets and actual collective party action.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If McCarthy becomes speaker heā€™ll spend most of his time running the extremist agenda. You canā€™t say the same about Pelosi and the progressives. The right seems to have a problem making the distinction between AOC tweets and actual collective party action.
This. As long as both parties are held hostage by their respective extremists there will never be any room for them to meet in the middle on issues they may be able to agree on. It's a vicious circle that impedes progress.

Top Bottom
1 2