How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Finally we’re seeing the light bulb going on over some of these people’s heads.

The vaccine-hesitant (as opposed to the dedicated anti-vaxxers) are starting—starting, mind you—to get immunized.

They were unmoved by the urgings of President Joe Biden to get vaccinated. They've spurned calls from the nation's leading doctors, as well as from sports heroes and movie stars. But one thing is finally grabbing the attention of millions of unvaccinated Americans - the invasion of the hyper-contagious delta variant of the coronavirus.

"My friend works at the hospital, and she told me there's 18-year-olds on ventilators. That scared me," said Tyler Sprenkle, a recent high school graduate in Goodman, Mo., who got a shot this month.
In nearby Bella Vista, Ark., 25-year-old Chelsah Skaggs said she had been avoiding the shots, citing false reports that they might cause infertility.

But as delta hit her area, she did her own research and became convinced she should get vaccinated. "Skepticism is a good thing," she said. "But to be ignorant is a different issue. My only regret is not doing it sooner."
Half a million shots were given just on Friday, the highest daily tally since July 1, deputy White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said at a briefing Friday. This was also the third week that states with the highest numbers of coronavirus cases also had the highest vaccination numbers, she said.

It’s still dumbfounding that these people literally waited until they saw people dying all around them to get the shot.

This person, on the other hand, has a better excuse: she’s twelve.

Twelve-year-old Shanuan Alcantar also was unsure she wanted to get the vaccine, largely because of the baseless reports she saw online that it would make her arm magnetic.
"I was really scared seeing all of those TikToks of the metal spoons and the magnets" hanging from people's arms, she said as she visited a clinic in East Los Angeles with her mother, Bellanira Reyes. "I was pretty scared of it, but I decided whatever happens, happens."

The story has a whole host of vignettes about young people who are finally scared enough to put down their phones and hold out their arms.

It’s sad, though, because it’s a story of people who don’t read real news, and either didn’t realize the danger they were in or feared ridiculous bogus side effects like magnetism.

I hope this trend keeps up, however belated. 🤞

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Finally we’re seeing the light bulb going on over some of these people’s heads.

The vaccine-hesitant (as opposed to the dedicated anti-vaxxers) are starting—starting, mind you—to get immunized.

It’s still dumbfounding that these people literally waited until they saw people dying all around them to get the shot.

This person, on the other hand, has a better excuse: she’s twelve.

The story has a whole host of vignettes about young people who are finally scared enough to put down their phones and hold out their arms.

It’s sad, though, because it’s a story of people who don’t read real news, and either didn’t realize the danger they were in or feared ridiculous bogus side effects like magnetism.

I hope this trend keeps up, however belated. 🤞

I am sorry that it took this long for them, but I am happy they have seen the light.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
THIS, on the other hand...
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1420759761235107841/

It almost makes me wish we could delegate a vaccine to every American specifically. That way if someone chooses not to take it, we send it somewhere that wants the vaccine and they get a 'your welcome' from that American who passed on it. That way someone is still benefitting.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
FB4A6B60-DD81-4D90-B73E-F34E50816014.gif
God help us, this man is stupid.​

Sen. Ron Johnson says he'd support a vaccine mandate for an 'incredibly deadly' virus but not COVID-19, which has killed more than 613,000 Americans​

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
At this point, does the reason matter as long as they are doing it.

Yeah I don't care about that either. Some of the county fairs in August will have vaccinations on tap as part of "the attractions". Hope it bumps up the totals for areas where the rate is still low. Part of that was delayed access in rural areas, not necessarily political or general anti-vax resistance, but access to vaccines around here now is picking up to where most of the health care clinics have allocations they can count on. I"m getting the J&J jab in mid-August.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad to see some articles on this. We can’t get out of this because of idiots. It’s so infuriating.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Why won't people get the extra things impacted by THEIR decisions when it comes to risking getting covid? It isn't just your health...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1422400868826198018/

People need to think past themselves when it comes to this, the effects of this are going to be felt long after, and some people don't realize it.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1422429918290399261/
If any GOP politician in 2021 tried the “ask not what your country can do for you…” line, they’d be booed out of politics forever. It’s a party of the selfish, run by the selfish. And they pretend to be patriots. It’s disgusting to me.

We are seeing it bleed into the military too. Young soldiers swear an oath to live by the Army (or other branch) values… which includes “selfless service” in all of them. And yet they cannot get a vaccine. If you really care about the mission, you’d realize you are affecting military readiness. If you need to go to war and half the unit isn’t vaccinated, can you even deploy? They don’t give a crap. They are only in it for themselves.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
People need to think past themselves when it comes to this, the effects of this are going to be felt long after, and some people don't realize it.
The new GQP has taught them it’s ok to be selfish and think only of yourself. This holds true for health care, voting rights, and equal pay. “If I’m ok, screw everyone else.”

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone have any insight into the vaccines taken by those with breakthrough cases? I’d love to know if there’s an equal chance of a breakthrough case regardless of the vaccine, or if a majority are coming from people who got Moderna (for example).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Anyone have any insight into the vaccines taken by those with breakthrough cases? I’d love to know if there’s an equal chance of a breakthrough case regardless of the vaccine, or if a majority are coming from people who got Moderna (for example).

I've heard on the news that J&J is not quite as effective but still works, consider that anecdotal hearsay though. While not complete, this article from July 30th gives an idea of J&J vs Moderna in a recent study. However, it makes no mention of Pfizer.
In Oklahoma, where cases are up by 67 percent, state officials broke down the data to show that for residents who got Johnson & Johnson vaccine the incidents of breakthrough were greater at 160 per 100,000 people compared to 93 per 100,000 for Moderna.

Here is the entire thing:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've heard on the news that J&J is not quite as effective but still works, consider that anecdotal hearsay though. While not complete, this article from July 30th gives an idea of J&J vs Moderna in a recent study. However, it makes no mention of Pfizer.

Here is the entire thing:
Most interesting is that only 30 states have provided the details needed.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2