How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What doctor is that, from a church or one handing out exemptions for the cost of an office visit like we have in the central valley? Those with "actual" reasons are extremely rare and most are bogus. I mean, they give this to the oldest and sickest cancer patients and those barely hanging on to life, let's get real about these "exemptions".

That we don't know. The specific reason was not given, and probably never will be. We also don't know if this doctor is telling all his/her patients to not get the vaccine.

I will say that given her history in the community, she has never seemed to be "that" person so she gets the benefit of the doubt.

But she also got a new job VERY quickly supposedly moving from the #74 market to #19. So maybe she did it as a way to get out of her contract.

There is just a lot we don't know, but for now she gets the BotD.

The interesting part is how much WSAZ suffers from it. She really was a popular local celeb.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Cool story, bro😂

If she's legit' contraindicated to get the vaccine she would produce a doctor's note to her employer (or multiple) to support it. If she still gets fired, she'll sue. That's the American way. Your story is just horseshit.

It's not "my" story. It is a story that is actually happening. No, we don't have all the facts so we will have to see if she does sue. If she does, will you change your stance?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That we don't know. The specific reason was not given, and probably never will be. We also don't know if this doctor is telling all his/her patients to not get the vaccine.

I will say that given her history in the community, she has never seemed to be "that" person so she gets the benefit of the doubt.

But she also got a new job VERY quickly supposedly moving from the #74 market to #19. So maybe she did it as a way to get out of her contract.

There is just a lot we don't know, but for now she gets the BotD.

The interesting part is how much WSAZ suffers from it. She really was a popular local celeb.
And based on not knowing you'll take her word, while bashing everyone else who is going out of their way to get it. I really wish you all would stop politicizing this thing, the only winner here is the virus.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And based on not knowing you'll take her word, while bashing everyone else who is going out of their way to get it. I really wish you all would stop politicizing this thing, the only winner here is the virus.

No! I am not bashing anyone. I do wish more people would get it, but I am also not going to condemn those who don't without knowing all the reasons why. If you think it is chipped, then you're a dumbass, but if you are acting on a doctor's advice, I am OK with that.

And yes I am taking her word. She has earned that over time.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Things are going to get interesting around here.

What is going to be interesting is that her firing has gone viral locally on FB. You can't scroll through your newsfeed without seeing posts about it and urging people to call, write or email the station's advertisers urging them to drop their ads on this station. I have been on FB long enough to know this has blown up bigger than any other local issue I can remember. People are pissed.

Like I said, it is going to be interesting. At this point she supposedly has already gotten a new job in Cleveland so they can't fix it by rescinding her termination. I just wonder how many advertisers will drop the station.

The "interesting" code word just cracks me up :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Cool story, bro😂

If she's legit' contraindicated to get the vaccine she would produce a doctor's note to her employer (or multiple) to support it. If she still gets fired, she'll sue. That's the American way. Your story is just horseshit.

It seems like such an easy solve, and the whole notion of "I should need to explain myself" is R-speak for, "I was lying, and now I'm going to generate some manufactured anger over being called out ..."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It seems like such an easy solve, and the whole notion of "I should need to explain myself" is R-speak for, "I was lying, and now I'm going to generate some manufactured anger over being called out ..."
The reality is they expect us to believe, while the vaccine has been proven to be safe for 6.24 billion people without any real issues, that this one person is the actual exception without any explanation.

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.h473.w710.jpg

U

User.45

It's not "my" story. It is a story that is actually happening. No, we don't have all the facts so we will have to see if she does sue. If she does, will you change your stance?
Your story isn’t about what is actually happening. It’s about you trying to prioritize the relevance of hypotheticals and anecdotes over rock solid data. I pointed out that it makes no sense, because the very few people with a legit medical exemption would have very specific medical histories. If those aren’t covered specifically, there’s nothing to talk about. If those are disclosed then well, you cannot do your regular fake skeptical act and move on.

Sorry to be rude but you’ve used up your benignity credit with me.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The "interesting" code word just cracks me up :D

Not a "code" word.

I just wonder a couple of things:

1) Is the anger I am seeing in these posts going to translate into actual calls, email and letters to the advertisers.
1A) If it does, will the advertisers pull their ads or not?
1B) This is mostly unknowable.

2) Will the ratings drop? Like I mentioned, this is the top rated newscast in the market.
2A) This is knowable when the Nielsen's come out.

What I will find "interesting" is if the anger on FB actual means anything. Or is just people yelling about stuff, yet unwilling to modify their behavior or act on their anger.

U

User.45

Not a "code" word.

I just wonder a couple of things:

1) Is the anger I am seeing in these posts going to translate into actual calls, email and letters to the advertisers.
1A) If it does, will the advertisers pull their ads or not?
1B) This is mostly unknowable.

2) Will the ratings drop? Like I mentioned, this is the top rated newscast in the market.
2A) This is knowable when the Nielsen's come out.

What I will find "interesting" is if the anger on FB actual means anything. Or is just people yelling about stuff, yet unwilling to modify their behavior or act on their anger.
and here you go doing just what i grilled you for. fabricating hypotheses on a likely fabricated story rather than putting some effort into verifying it. It’s because the story is just a frame work around your confirmation bias.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
and here you go doing just what i grilled you for. fabricating hypotheses on a likely fabricated story rather than putting some effort into verifying it. It’s because the story is just a frame work around your confirmation bias.

So wondering if the rating will drop when the top rated anchor on the top rated new show leaves is confirmation bias?

As for the "fabricated" story, she WAS fired for not getting vaccinated. Nothing fabricated about that.

U

User.45

So wondering if the rating will drop when the top rated anchor on the top rated new show leaves is confirmation bias?

As for the "fabricated" story, she WAS fired for not getting vaccinated. Nothing fabricated about that.

Your source says “The apparent firing of a popular television anchor for allegedly refusing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine has sparked social media discussion about an employer’s right to mandate the vaccine.”

Equating apparent with actual is, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Your source says “The apparent firing of a popular television anchor for allegedly refusing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine has sparked social media discussion about an employer’s right to mandate the vaccine.”

Equating apparent with actual is, lol.
If you need to know why this is of such "apparent" importance suddenly...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445834239077924865/

For some it may not be the person herself who is of any importance, but what she can represent for them.

That tweet can be found amongst the various tweets about the television personality & speculation about what happened.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Also says the Dr. who is dispensing medical facts without actually seeing the patient. :rolleyes:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Also says the Dr. who is dispensing medical facts without actually seeing the patient. :rolleyes:
Refresh my memory on who posted this story in the first place. With no source. With no verified facts, with nothing but rumors. And who is disrespecting an actual doctor in favor of a phantom diagnosis from an unnamed doctor that nobody has been able to produce to this point.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Let's stipulate that Amanda Barren was fired for refusal to follow her employer's vaccine mandate and did so under a physician's guidance. (I did a search and wasn't able to find a direct quote from her to that effect, as opposed to social media posts saying that's what happened.)

However, if Ms. Barren did make such a claim, as a public personality I believe she has an ethical responsibility to provide further details, since a valid medical reason for not being vaccinated would be extremely rare. I say this because she should know her statement will be used by others to refuse vaccination.

It's also worth noting that there are many physicians, epidemiologists, and other scientists who are dead wrong on the value and/or risks of the vaccines based on the preponderance of research. America's Frontline Doctors are a case-in-point, and their advice is all the more egregious because of their profit motive.

People who are unfamiliar with or, in some cases, willfully ignorant about how medical research works like to point out that study results are sometimes frankly contradictory and that public and personal health (they aren't the same) guidance changes accordingly. But that's how it's always been.

Top Bottom
1 2