Hundreds of newspapers drop ‘Dilbert’ comic strip after racist tirade from creator Scott Adams

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You refuse to identify as white? Assuming you are white that sounds strange.
I'm white but not proud of it. I grew up in an area that's a mixed environment and when going into restaurants or public areas I'm way more comfortable with that than when it's just a bunch of white people. I liken it to the American flag, I'm just ashamed of most of what it stands for.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Many people are ok with black people and not “Black Lives Matter”. Why is beyond me - again, because of context. But nevertheless, I have heard the contempt from people I know are not racist.

All I can do it tell you why I personally think that way. And it is simple.

Because it doesn't say "ALL Black Lives Matter". I have been hammered here and at MR for questioning why the only Black lives that matter are the ones killed by whites, specifically police.

Bring up Blacks killing other Blacks, you know a 12 year old Black girl sitting on her uncle's lap in their apartment getting hit with a stray bullet, and that makes me a racist MF'er. It is almost like they don't want to see that aspect of it.

The problem with that is that right now, "white" no longer means having pale-ish skin/Euro-centric ancestry. It currently means "better than those other people". I refuse to identify as "white" because it literally means racist in the contemporary dialect.

I've got ask, who has defined it in that way? Is that something you came up with on your own, or is it based on the media, experience? I'm just curious.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
"I am White" currently translates to "White people are better than non-Whites". I reject the premise.

I do as well, but I simply don't think about it.

If I walk into a place of business, I don't count how many of each race are in there. The Black family is simply a family having dinner. I simply see them as people who I will hold the door for, let out in traffic, help change a tire or any of a 1000 other normal things we as people do every day.

They are just people, no different than you or me and we are all just trying to get through this life together the best we can.

diamond.g

Site Champ
Reaction score
All I can do it tell you why I personally think that way. And it is simple.

Because it doesn't say "ALL Black Lives Matter". I have been hammered here and at MR for questioning why the only Black lives that matter are the ones killed by whites, specifically police.

Bring up Blacks killing other Blacks, you know a 12 year old Black girl sitting on her uncle's lap in their apartment getting hit with a stray bullet, and that makes me a racist MF'er. It is almost like they don't want to see that aspect of it.

I've got ask, who has defined it in that way? Is that something you came up with on your own, or is it based on the media, experience? I'm just curious.
I am not sure if you have been told this before, but black folks to fight against black on black crime in their own communities. It just isn't shown on TV because it doesn't get ratings/eyeballs the way interracial violence does.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
As a white male I wouldn’t say I feel guilty so much as realizing when I’m dealing with somebody who isn’t they’ve most likely experienced some form of discrimination or treatment throughout there entire life that I don’t have to deal with, but as soon as white males got even the slightest taste of this kind of stereotype judgement thrown at them we suddenly need to start repressing information and passing laws. It’s weak and pathetic.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I’m going to be blunt: I don’t believe you. And the reason is I know full-well you’re smart enough that you don’t need to play a game of semantics. It also doesn’t say “Black lives matter TOO”, but that’s clearly the implication.

And I also believe that if the phrase was literally “All Black Lives Matter”, people would whine about that.

And black on black crime has been hashed to death. Most crime is race on race crime. That doesn’t negate the fact that black people are disproportionately killed by white police, even when the circumstances of the police interactions with suspects are the same.

If an animal-rights group coined the phrase “Elephants matter”, are we going to pretend it’s some sort of slight against all other animals, or just take it at face value to mean it’s probably a campaign to stop the killing and hunting of elephants?

I can’t speak for you personally, but the reality is it’s hard to discern the people who have some innocent hang up on the phrase versus those who just don’t like anything that helps another race or even acknowledges them. There’s a lot of crossover and shades of gray between people who are passive-aggressive racists, those who aren’t racist but lack empathy for marginalized groups, and those who have good arguments to make even if I don’t agree with them.

“Black lives matter” is a simple statement to address an obvious issue. I find it hard to believe your hang up is on the wording of the phrase, or that you’d be any more comfortable with it if they changed it to “All Black Lives Matter”. But I could be wrong, I suppose.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I’m going to be blunt: I don’t believe you. And the reason is I know full-well you’re smart enough that you don’t need to play a game of semantics. It also doesn’t say “Black lives matter TOO”, but that’s clearly the implication.

And I also believe that if the phrase was literally “All Black Lives Matter”, people would whine about that.

And black on black crime has been hashed to death. Most crime is race on race crime. That doesn’t negate the fact that black people are disproportionately killed by white police, even when the circumstances of the police interactions with suspects are the same.

If an animal-rights group coined the phrase “Elephants matter”, are we going to pretend it’s some sort of slight against all other animals, or just take it at face value to mean it’s probably a campaign to stop the killing and hunting of elephants?

I can’t speak for you personally, but the reality is it’s hard to discern the people who have some innocent hang up on the phrase versus those who just don’t like anything that helps another race or even acknowledges them. There’s a lot of crossover and shades of gray between people who are passive-aggressive racists, those who aren’t racist but lack empathy for marginalized groups, and those who have good arguments to make even if I don’t agree with them.

“Black lives matter” is a simple statement to address an obvious issue. I find it hard to believe your hang up is on the wording of the phrase, or that you’d be any more comfortable with it if they changed it to “All Black Lives Matter”. But I could be wrong, I suppose.

Maybe not for all, but for a lot of conservatives the reflexive reaction to anything no matter how far they are removed from it is how can they make it about themselves and a belief that you can’t improve the situation for a group of people they aren’t part of without making it worse for their group.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I think you got what I meant backwards.

It isn't that the slogan isn't All BLM, but that BLM only covers such a small percentage of Blacks. Something like .0006% of Blacks.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Maybe not for all, but for a lot of conservatives the reflexive reaction to anything no matter how far they are removed from it is how can they make it about themselves and a belief that you can’t improve the situation for a group of people they aren’t part of without making it worse for their group.

Most conservatives I know believe a rising tide raises all boats. In their desire for "equity" vs "equality", most liberals seem to only want the tide to bring all boats to the same level. That will never happen as some people are willing to do what it takes to succeed and some aren't.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Most conservatives I know believe a rising tide raises all boats. In their desire for "equity" vs "equality", most liberals seem to only want the tide to bring all boats to the same level. That will never happen as some people are willing to do what it takes to succeed and some aren't.
yes we have seen what some people are willing to do to succeed.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I think you got what I meant backwards.

It isn't that the slogan isn't All BLM, but that BLM only covers such a small percentage of Blacks. Something like .0006% of Blacks.

I don’t get what you mean. BLM is more encompassing than just black people beaten by white police officers. That may be the catalyst, and police brutality and a skewed justice system are prime examples of the issues BLM target, but it’s certainly not limited to those things.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I don’t get what you mean. BLM is more encompassing than just black people beaten by white police officers. That may be the catalyst, and police brutality and a skewed justice system are prime examples of the issues BLM target, but it’s certainly not limited to those things.

If I could go back in the archives of MR, I could find you where former members (i figure you can guess who) here/there did everything to drill into my head that was what BLM was about. Might even be some posts here but I don't think so.

Maybe they were just using it as the excuse du jour to bash me, but I don't think so.

It may be more than that, but they certainly didn't seem to think so.

Top Bottom
1 2