I like random stuff...

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Rocks do this thing where small pieces come off of them. Like, really fast. Bullet-fast. A door can help with that.
Sure, every little bit helps. I remember news reports from back when I was a kid, regarding an incident where a person driving his car died after a ricochet from a shooting range hit him in the temple area. The claim was that if he had been driving with his window up instead of down, the window would have absorbed enough energy to render the bullet harmless.

Still, I’d put some more distance and objects between me and those assaulting rocks rather than standing there looking out and recording through the door/window. Also almost poetic how one of the last big ones took out the bridge, by the way. Like something right out of a Hollywood production!

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
7962F393-21C0-4C8D-9196-DCBB802E4F8D.jpeg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Telling it like it's been lately.... for fans of the Boston Red Sox:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1423472404404318214/

From the related piece in the Globe:

Red Sox are 1-5 on their road trip down the standings and have dropped seven of nine overall. They lost two of three against the Tigers and now have four games over three days against the Blue Jays.

That Cora had little choice but to pull starter Martín Pérez in the second inning left him plenty of time to stew about the state of his team. The Tigers scored five runs and struck out 31 times in the first two games of the series. But they had a home run, a double, and a triple in their first six plate appearances against Pérez.

Pérez pitched for the cycle — two singles, a double, a triple, and a homer — before he was taken out. Pérez was 7-4 with a 3.89 ERA in his first 17 starts, the Sox winning 11 of those games. He is 0-4 with an 8.53 ERA over five games since, with the Sox winning once.

Like the Sox as a group, you wonder if Pérez’s first three months of the season were an illusion. History suggests that’s the truth, at least for him. Pérez has a 5.06 ERA since 2017. This is who he is. That the Sox emerged from the trade deadline with both Pérez and Garrett Richards still in their rotation feels more and more like a defining moment.

Welp. The Red Sox manager is not the only one gettin' down to truth-telling. Boston Globe sportswriter Peter Abraham has been on the money lately as well. From one of his earlier articles, and w/ respect to the aforementioned pitcher Garrett Richards:

Richards has a 7.36 earned run average in his last nine starts, with opponents hitting .342. Once Major League Baseball cracked down on pitchers using sticky substances, Richards’s ERA has climbed 39 percent and he has averaged 4⅓ innings.

Is there some song called Boston, my Boston? They could play it while fans burn their hats. The Red Sox were doing great there for awhile.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
There is a push to name a new government building in Edmonton AB the "Nathan Fillion Civilian Pavillion".

Of course, some decades back there was also a push to make the Washington state song Louie, Louie – after that moment of sadness, I have learned to distrust these major movements.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Duct Tape. Nothing beats Duct Tape.

I couldn't get the Facebook link to work the other day, so I looked it up on Youtube. I watched it there.

Now YouTube seems to think I want to see every video featuring a fat, black, bearded man. Don't matter if they're on strike from Frito-Lay, won a big lottery, or whatever. Apparently, if they're bearded, black and fat, I need to be watching their video. I've had about 7 or 8 different videos suggested to me since I watched that on Friday. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom
1 2