I like random stuff...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I couldn't get the Facebook link to work the other day, so I looked it up on Youtube. I watched it there.

Now YouTube seems to think I want to see every video featuring a fat, black, bearded man. Don't matter if they're on strike from Frito-Lay, won a big lottery, or whatever. Apparently, if they're bearded, black and fat, I need to be watching their video. I've had about 7 or 8 different videos suggested to me since I watched that on Friday. 🤷‍♂️
YouTube’s “algorithm” is racist…

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
YouTube’s “algorithm” is racist…

It sure is! :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 6.25.15 PM.png

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I never go to YT expecting to get neat advice from them about what to watch. When I get to YT, the first thing I do is hit that search box for a particular thing. I never really notice their recommendations, and have mostly broken the click-chain habit that can end up consuming many lost hours in just a few minutes.

I guess I must be doing it wrong. I grew up in the wrong era.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I never go to YT expecting to get neat advice from them about what to watch. When I get to YT, the first thing I do is hit that search box for a particular thing. I never really notice their recommendations, and have mostly broken the click-chain habit that can end up consuming many lost hours in just a few minutes.

Me too on the search, watch and bail. Otherwise I'd never finish all the books on my XR and back of the couch.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Same here. Youtube is for videos on how to fix things or to watch a company's video about a product. Go straight to the search bar and skip the rest.

Top Bottom
1 2