I like random stuff...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, so what happens is there's an outer sandbar where those guys are fishing, and the entrance from the road, and the area where the truck is taking a bath can be almost totally dried up at a low tide, or just several inches of shallow water. So the tide comes in, cuts you off, but you could just wait it out. I guess if you're there past 7pm it's some kind of fine[?]

Looks like it was an extra low, then extra high cycle, bad mix - that guy is going to need a lot of paper towels ...

Here's another angle:

1631123068519.png

Last edited:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Hahaha, this is down the street from us from a day ago, The Point / Porpoise Point, it's a corner where the intracoastal connects to the ocean, some people aren't prepared with quickly the water rises ...

The best thing: the dudes front plate ... :ROFLMAO:

I ran into a situation like that a few years back. Some kids wanted to drive on the beach like the other people were doing. So they took their BMW out there will all the trucks and jeeps. Then of course when the tide started coming in, they found themselves stuck in the sand. My brother grabbed a tow-strap from his jeep and got it all hooked up. But they didn't want him to hook it up to their car. They were afraid he'd ruin the bumper (not that he was hooking it directly to the bumper of course). So with no other options, we wished them good luck and carried on with our day. Not sure what ever happened to them.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I ran into a situation like that a few years back. Some kids wanted to drive on the beach like the other people were doing. So they took their BMW out there will all the trucks and jeeps. Then of course when the tide started coming in, they found themselves stuck in the sand. My brother grabbed a tow-strap from his jeep and got it all hooked up. But they didn't want him to hook it up to their car. They were afraid he'd ruin the bumper (not that he was hooking it directly to the bumper of course). So with no other options, we wished them good luck and carried on with our day. Not sure what ever happened to them.

1631123759807.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

BMW's have tow hooks in the tool kits. Pop the cover off, screw it in and away you go. Morons don't even know about their own car.

The one in the pic looks like an 80's era 7 Series, maybe a 5. Kidney's don't look slanted enough to be a 6.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm not even sure what happened, if it stalled - though it doesn't seem that deep - or just got stuck. FWIW, that's about as deep as that will get.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

One of the funniest things I'll ever see in this already long life occurred when I was only five or so. My dad had just painted dark green the X-crossed support planks on the white barn doors. "Don't get your jacket on there now," he warned my 18-month old brother as they went in to do some barn chores: "It's wet paint, the green part."

"Greeeeen, I love green!" the bro said, advancing to kiss one of the planks. :mrgreen:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, so what happens is there's an outer sandbar where those guys are fishing, and the entrance from the road, and the area where the truck is taking a bath can be almost totally dried up at a low tide, or just several inches of shallow water. So the tide comes in, cuts you off, but you could just wait it out. I guess if you're there past 7pm it's some kind of fine[?]

Looks like it was an extra low, then extra high cycle, bad mix - that guy is going to need a lot of paper towels ...

Hahaha, here's a video from the same area, a truck leaving (a little late ...) the same spot, hit the deep stuff at full escape velocity :D

Doh! Can't attach videos, probably excessive storage costs, let me see if I can link it (it's in next door).

Top Bottom
1 2