I thought border walls were bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The fact that you started this thread to trash Biden for something he's finally done to make something happen would suggest otherwise. This claim is 100% grade A partisan bullshit.

Please show me specifically where I trashed Biden. This is the second time you have accused me of it without an example. I even acknowledged him still being against it.

I started the thread simply asking what changed. Every one on the Right who supported the wall was "trashed", so I just wanted to know what changed and if we were going to get apologies. Even a couple of posters here who never agree with me think it is a fair question. (Thank you BTW for your honesty.).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Please show me specifically where I trashed Biden. This is the second time you have accused me of it without an example. I even acknowledged him still being against it.

I started the thread simply asking what changed. Every one on the Right who supported the wall was "trashed", so I just wanted to know what changed and if we were going to get apologies. Even a couple of posters here who never agree with me think it is a fair question. (Thank you BTW for your honesty.).

The first post in this thread, YOU started this thread to trash Biden. Otherwise, WTF is this?
WT ever-loving F?

They just handed Trump the 2024 election on a silver platter.

In fact, it's offensive that you're pretending otherwise. You've done nothing but bash Biden and Democrats on this board since day one, never once claiming any responsibility for your own party regardless of all the obvious issues.

Expect to continue to get called on this blatant hypocrisy, if you don't like it then maybe take a stand on something you actually believe in regardless of what your right wing masters tell you to be outraged over this week.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The first post in this thread, YOU started this thread to trash Biden. Otherwise, WTF is this?

You have no idea what was in my mind when I started this thread. NONE!

In fact, it's offensive that you're pretending otherwise. You've done nothing but bash Biden and Democrats on this board since day one, never once claiming any responsibility for your own party regardless of all the obvious issues.

Yet YOU administer a board where the following threads exist:

Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

Rudy Gulianni: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

Lauren Bobert: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with her?

Marjorie Taylor Greene: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with her?

Please point me to the threads you (or anyone else here for that matter) started bashing Democrats.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do believe in walls. I think they would go a long way in preventing the level of crossings we are seeing today. Walls/barriers do work otherwise rich/powerful people wouldn't put them around their properties. Also, European countries are building them to:

Two main official reasons are put forward for building border fences: to prevent irregular migration and combat terrorism,” the document points out.

Also, a wall is just a bad look, from either side – makes the US look bad to everyone else, and is little more than security theater for Americans, imbuing in us the impression the obviously-idiotic approaches are worth trying (though it kind of seems like that ship sailed long ago).

So I am not sure who we as a country are looking bad to for building walls.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You have no idea what was in my mind when I started this thread. NONE!

Yet YOU administer a board where the following threads exist:

Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

Rudy Gulianni: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

Lauren Bobert: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with her?

Marjorie Taylor Greene: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with her?

Please point me to the threads you (or anyone else here for that matter) started bashing Democrats.
Nearly every one of your posts in this forum is bashing Democrats in one form or another.

Additionally, not a single one of those threads you cited was started because those people took up a position that the Democrats agreed strongly with. Had DeSantis all of a sudden came out and stated he was wrong about LGBTQ and suddenly wants to take measures to protect them, nobody is going to come up and ask what's wrong with him, they'll ask why he's suddenly came around.

Again, to quote your words when Biden actually said he was going to add to the wall, something you would think you would've actually supported:
WT ever-loving F?

They just handed Trump the 2024 election on a silver platter.

(I assume ABC News is not too right-wing)
If you can't see why we're laughing at this then you're totally irony impaired.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I think there's plenty of criticism of democrats - including by me, in this thread. I have both criticized and defended Senator Joe Minchin, because I can criticize him when I disagree but also support him in other aspects. The so-called "liberal media" has been so harsh on Biden (and recently democrats on immigration) that I wish they'd tone it down a bit for fear they're playing into republican hands.

Not trying to wade into he rift here, I think its a fair question to ask why this is happening when Biden vowed not a single foot of wall would be built under him, and why he and Mayorkas have different messaging on the waiver of regulations.

But the threads against others? Nobody started those threads because they suddenly did something we agree with. In fact, I would wager inspiration to start those threads struck when one of those boneheads like Boebert or DeSantis did something vile or stupid - or both - that we vehemently disagreed with.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

As I recall, multiple people were quite hard on that democrat who is currently caught up in a scandal. To be fair, I don't hear of democrats doing the same level of dumb-assery as I do the other side which is why I suspect we don't see as many threads of that nature.

On the other hand, I suspect you and I don't see the same stories. If you want to start up a <Dumbass Democrat>: What in the.... thread, that would be interesting. I'd rather have an honest republican than a dishonest democrat. So I'd be thrilled if you started calling out the bad eggs.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
As I recall, multiple people were quite hard on that democrat who is currently caught up in a scandal. To be fair, I don't hear of democrats doing the same level of dumb-assery as I do the other side which is why I suspect we don't see as many threads of that nature.

On the other hand, I suspect you and I don't see the same stories. If you want to start up a <Dumbass Democrat>: What in the.... thread, that would be interesting. I'd rather have an honest republican than a dishonest democrat. So I'd be thrilled if you started calling out the bad eggs.
Agreed, 100% this would be a genuine thread to call out issues one has with Biden, just as others do with some of the Republicans.

At the core here, it reads like he would rather see Biden fail in order to score political points, than actually supporting different ways to prevent immigrants from crossing, just because it came from Biden. I think some on both sides play that game to an extent to be fair but I've always believed in taking things issue by issue, not necessarily because it's "my" party's candidate.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Thread title: “I thought Border Walls Were Bad?”

Which is it? You‘re trolling; that appears to be your mission here, which is one reason you’re not taken seriously. Your frequently disingenuous arguments are another.

Sarcasm. The left has hammered the manta that walls were bad for 7 years and then do an about face on it.

It wasn't trolling as it is a legitimate news story. The entire migrant crisis is a legitimate news story and I think the fact that R's out poll D's on that issue is what has everyone concerned.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Sarcasm. The left has hammered the manta that walls were bad for 7 years and then do an about face on it.

It wasn't trolling as it is a legitimate news story. The entire migrant crisis is a legitimate news story and I think the fact that R's out poll D's on that issue is what has everyone concerned.
And yet you can't bring yourself to even give them an ounce of praise for actually doing something that you've been railing against them for years.

If just once, seriously, once, you could ever bring yourself to put your politics aside enough to look at the bigger picture it would be so much less frustrating. You only rail against them and there is nothing they can do to ever get your approval.

Nobody will ever believe you care about the best interests of America when you constantly act so petulant.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
The world is burning, half of congress is in the hands of a party that is incapable of governing, and a madman who leaks state secrets and calls for execution of the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is a leading candidate for president, and we’re going back and forth about border walls.

Not that the influx of migrants isn’t worthy of attention, but my God, we’re witnessing the greatest threat to our nation in our lifetimes. It’s astounding.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
The left has hammered the manta that walls were bad for 7 years and then do an about face on it.
The "Left" has not "done an about face" on the wall. The media is not the "Left". Biden is really a little bit right of center. You have your head so deeply buried in the far "Right" that George W. Bush looks like the "Left" to you now.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? I haven't studied the issue but saw a short clip where Biden said he didn't believe in walls but was forced to add to the wall because of previously passed legislation that he couldn't ignore. If that's the case, this is not an example of Biden going back on his word or moving to Trump's side of the issue.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Am I missing something here? I haven't studied the issue but saw a short clip where Biden said he didn't believe in walls but was forced to add to the wall because of previously passed legislation that he couldn't ignore. If that's the case, this is not an example of Biden going back on his word or moving to Trump's side of the issue.
That sums it up from what I can see and to be fair I don't think it's wrong to hit Biden on it because he was pretty explicit at the time saying he didn't believe the wall would help.

At the same time I think that even those on the left see that the borders are simply overwhelmed right now and action has to be taken, Trump also did it during his presidency, as has Obama, etc.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

TBH, I am not sure. I know the money was appropriated and not spent and Google is very unhelpful in finding the answer.

Since it is part of discretionary spending, I am not sure it must be spent. Now I do know it can't be spent on other things, but don't know if it can just go unused.

And yet you can't bring yourself to even give them an ounce of praise for actually doing something that you've been railing against them for years.

Honestly kind of pissed about it. While this is just my opinion, if they had just let Trump have his wall, none of this might be happening. And I don't want to hear anything about the cost as $25B is almost couch cushion change to the US Government.

Imagine you had a position and the whole time you had it, you were called stupid, racist, xenophobic, heartless and who knows what else because you simply wanted a wall. And now, those same people who called you all those names, have decided to go ahead and build that wall. How do you think you would feel?

At the same time I think that even those on the left see that the borders are simply overwhelmed right now and action has to be taken, Trump also did it during his presidency, as has Obama, etc.

Why do you think that is? Is it because the borders are actually overwhelmed or because they know it is a losing issue come election time?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Why do you think that is? Is it because the borders are actually overwhelmed or because they know it is a losing issue come election time?
You will never see it another way, so why even bother asking? Maybe let the grown ups here have a real discussion about policies. All you ever do is shit on anything that doesn't fit your myopic agenda.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
You will never see it another way, so why even bother asking? Maybe let the grown ups here have a real discussion about policies. All you ever do is shit on anything that doesn't fit your myopic agenda.

Are you really so naive that you think elected officials, of either party, do what's best for the country? Or do they do what is in their own best interests?

I say it's the latter so you're right.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Are you really so naive that you think elected officials, of either party, do what's best for the country? Or do they do what is in their own best interests?

I say it's the latter so you're right.
I say that if Biden abandoned student debt, became pro life, wanted to let every American have assault weapons without question, you would still bash him like a petulant little child.

Fed up with this line of bullshit from you and am closing this thread. If you want to start another one and act like an adult then feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2