Idaho Republicans Call Free Tampons In Schools Too ‘Woke’ — And Block Them

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
proving woke means nothing more then a excuse to hate something. also we are pro children proven again

“This bill is a very liberal policy, and it’s really turning Idaho into a bigger nanny state than ever,” said state Rep. Heather Scott, according to The Daily Beast. “It’s embarrassing not only because of the topic but because of the actual policy itself. So you don’t have to be a woman to understand the absurdity of this policy. And you don’t have to feel that you’re insensitive to not address this.”

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
They’re going so far with attaching “woke” to all things bad, it’s like a freshly graduated marketing manager has been advising DeSantis for 3 years or so and the rest of his stupid fucking party is following suit.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They’re going so far with attaching “woke” to all things bad, it’s like a freshly graduated marketing manager has been advising DeSantis for 3 years or so and the rest of his stupid fucking party is following suit.
its like they did with the word grooming and such. like they are one trick ponies.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The girl’s bathrooms had free hygiene products in the crappy public schools I went to in a politically center-right town - over two decades ago.

WTF is wrong with these people?

I’m calling for all women to start sending their used menstrual products to these idiot Republicans.

They would bag it up and use it as evidence to obtain an arrest warrant and charge the offender with murder. They’re probably six months out from passing a bill designating having a period as murder.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what menstruation and tampons has to do with being “woke”. I suppose there’s no one definition of what “woke” is, but I don’t think these politicians have a remotely correct understanding.

If this is a matter of cost, then just say it. I’m sure the cost isn’t insignificant when multiplied out, but it’s probably not that significant either. $5-6 per menstruating female student? Correction: Article says $3.50. And that’s probably assuming every female is going to rely on the school’s supply.

Perhaps they should analyze how much bandaids in the nurses office cost or better yet toilet paper.

This is just one of those things that should just be supplied, if nothing else as a courtesy. The male treatment program I run has tampons in some of our bathrooms for our female staff, family members, etc. Not to mention our occasional FTM patient. It’s just the cost of doing business.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
There is one clear and consistent RW definition.

Woke adj.​
I have a hair up my ass about this here thing.

Hahah. I’ll add that to my other definitions. Those being 1) Being aware of /sensitive to race, culture, etc especially in terms of discrimination and 2) Extreme political correctness often self-serving or disingenuous (related virtue signaling)

Ironically, calling things/people “woke” in the negative connotation (ie definition 2) has in many cases become a form virtue signaling in itself. I guess that’s what gives us definition your definition.

It’s a word I prefer not to use in any context given no universally accepted definition. And at this point it’s pretty much a worn out term.

Top Bottom
1 2