Judge Michael Luttig

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Over the years I've come across Judge Luttig's name in the news, most recently testifying before the Jan6th Committee. But knowing nothing about him, he was just another name. Here's a recent Washington Post story about the man, going back to when he was an associate White House Council under Regan. It's amazing how much influence he's had over his lifetime. His Jan6th testimony was certainly compelling, imo.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
WaPo apparently got rid of the three free articles a month. :/

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
WaPo apparently got rid of the three free articles a month. :/

Damn, I forgot that was a subscription - sorry for that slip. But now that I think about it, aren't paywalls removed when posting here? Eric?

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
apparently not, and i tried in two browsers, private mode, and reader....

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanx, Alli - appreciate it. Does that require a special action on your part? Or do all subscribers have a limited number of shares available, and it happens automatically.
All subscribers get a limited number.

1675267507693.png

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Is it a monthly limit or a hard number and once you hit it, you can't gift anymore?

It's monthly. I like it far better than what the FT does which is let you gift a piece but the link can only be opened 3 times...

The WaPo gives you 10 gift opportunities per month, reminds you if you already gifted a link and doesn't dock you for hitting on it again... and they're good for a few weeks, which is usually long enough for most sharing purposes in topical news forum discussions.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
@Herdfan And... not to be a shill for the Washington Post, but other benefits for subscribers include ability to share full access with another person (does not have to be member of household or reside at same physical address)... and, separately, a subscriber can email a 30-day code for full access to anyone. They don't automate that so your recipient needs to nudge you if you forget to re-up them... but it's a nice thing and you can keep giving the new 30-day code to either the same person or a new recipient each month. My favorite thing about the WaPo though is an annual subscription rate. Pay it once a year and forget about it. Bliss.

I'm feeling sorta benevolent to the WaPo tonight, since I just glanced at my "2022 footprint" at that site and they flattered me by saying that I'm in the top 1% of their readers of their World News section. So I'm not in the top 1% of moneymakers, which I already knew... but now it sounds like I may well know which countries a lot of those guys hang out in. Wonderful. /s

That may not speak too well of the WaPo's world news coverage though because I always figured I got most of my world news off the FT. Anyway per the WaPo the sum total of my perusals of their offerings in 2022 amounted, in their calculations, to the equivalent of having read a 1766-page book. Seriously? I need to get a life!

Top Bottom
1 2