Kentucky Tornadoes & Federal Aid

U

User.45

Oh, we actually have a rule in our house - if you see a nazi, punch the nazi. We hold grudges.
Although, this talk is kind of out of bounds for a thread in Open Chat.
It definitely is, but I too am worried about the cutification of nazism. They were genocidal maniacs, and no matter how we dissect the topic, complex motivations, era, etc. nazis remain genocidal maniacs and it's always best to be super clear about it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
out of bounds

[starts thumbing though the TA rulebook]

We might have a ways to go there yet....

You know that song A Better Band (Bell X1, Blue LIghts on the Runway)​
How long were those monkeys typing to make all Billy's work?
I've some way to go yet, I'll finish this one first

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I say fuck Kentucky. I will recant when they invent a Time Machine and their senators go back in time and change their votes on aid for hurricane sandy survivors.
??? You can say F Rand Paul, but why go after the whole state? It’s like saying F New York because Trump came from there and you don’t like him.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
??? You can say F Rand Paul, but why go after the whole state? It’s like saying F New York because Trump came from there and you don’t like him.
I think the difference is that Trump lost New York by double digits as to where the voters of Kentucky continuously elect Paul. They have to reap what they sow in that respect.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

If NY kept electing trump (and if trump had something to do with the sandy response), then I’d reluctantly have to add my home state of NY to My List.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I think the difference is that Trump lost New York by double digits as to where the voters of Kentucky continuously elect Paul. They have to reap what they sow in that respect.

If NY kept electing trump (and if trump had something to do with the sandy response), then I’d reluctantly have to add my home state of NY to My List.

You should both be saying “F America” then. Just F the whole country because they voted for Trump in 2016.

And don’t you think NY-ers deserve a F you for Cuomo, Giuliani, etc.?

The point is - you paint with an extremely broad brush, thereby 💩-ing on those who don’t deserve it. The insinuation in this case also seemed to be that Kentucky deserved what they got from the Tornado? Gross.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You should both be saying “F America” then. Just F the whole country because they voted for Trump in 2016.

And don’t you think NY-ers deserve a F you for Cuomo, Giuliani, etc.?

The point is - you paint with an extremely broad brush, thereby 💩-ing on those who don’t deserve it. The insinuation in this case also seemed to be that Kentucky deserved what they got from the Tornado? Gross.
Nobody said they deserved to be hit by a tornado, we're just saying they deserve a better representative in response to it, even if their own people don't.

lizkat

Reaction score

That's visiting the sins of the fathers on the children. As a nation that has decided to administer federal disaster aid programs, we have to be better than that, even if that's not what's modeled in some homes (and by the voters in some states).

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's visiting the sins of the fathers on the children. As a nation that has decided to administer federal disaster aid programs, we have to be better than that, even if that's not what's modeled in some homes (and by the voters in some states).
And yet puerto Rico and NY never got all the aid they’re entitled to.
\

lizkat

Reaction score
Nobody said they deserved to be hit by a tornado, we're just saying they deserve a better representative in response to it, even if their own people don't.

Sure, but it can't be right to hold up all disaster aid to any given state behind wishing that their voters understood the level of public service a US Senator should be capable of helping to legislate for the entire country.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure, but it can't be right to hold up all disaster aid to any given state behind wishing that their voters understood the level of public service a US Senator should be capable of helping to legislate for the entire country.
Who said to hold up their aid?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Maybe we should make a separate thread so we can get back to discussing the weather here. Sorry I stepped in and contributed to the tangent too.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh so now I have misunderstood what "Fuck Kentucky" meant?

Apparently. When I say “fuck you“ to someone that doesn’t mean “I hope you don’t receive necessary government assistance.”

It means I want nothing to do with them. I don’t want to hear about them. I don’t want to go there. I don’t want to be their friend. etc.

lizkat

Reaction score
Apparently. When I say “fuck you“ to someone that doesn’t mean “I hope you don’t receive necessary government assistance.”

It means I want nothing to do with them. I don’t want to hear about them. I don’t want to go there. I don’t want to be their friend. etc.

[ I'm speechless for once in my life; have a good evening. ]

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Who said to hold up their aid?
Yeah, nobody said that at all, in fact it's the opposite. They (along with every other state) should be eligible to receive all the funding they need in disasters like this. At issue here is the fact that Rand Paul went out of his way to deny it to other states when in need and now wants with the exception of his own. Fuck Rand, he's a hypocritical piece of shit.

After Kentucky devastation, critics seize on Rand Paul’s record opposing disaster bills​

Paul (R-Ky.) asked Biden to “move expeditiously to approve the appropriate resources for our state,” citing the “loss of life and severe property damage.” Among the communities affected was Bowling Green, where at least 15 people died when twisters landed just miles from Paul’s home. Dozens more lost their lives elsewhere in the state.

The message did not go unheeded. Following the request from Paul and from the seven other members of the state’s congressional delegation, Biden declared a federal disaster the next day — making Kentucky eligible for the full range of emergency government assistance.

By all means, get it to them, and at the same time shame this asshole and everyone who voted for him.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Fast work there. 😄 In the time it took me to review the thread and see what was going on, you’d already done it.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Sorry, but as someone affected by the republican slow-walking of aid now twice (fires in california and flooding in NY), I’m in no mood to be charitable about this. Why is it that progressives always have to play nice but conservatives are free to demand means testing and spending offsets to help people in need? How many times do I need to let my parents and friends be forced out of their homes due to natural disasters before I get to be angry at the folks who keep electing these scumbags?

TBH, I don't think Congress should be voting on this in the first place. At least not as a specific line item. It should already be in the budget for natural disasters.

Many years ago a warehouse my family owned in Logan County, WV was flooded. The flood insurance adjuster came in, took some measurements and gave us a check. Payouts were set based on the total area the water touched. One rate for finished walls, another for finished floors, block walls and unfinished floors. It would not be hard for FEMA to have extra money in their budget to fund these types of disasters based on metrics that can be quantified.

Top Bottom
1 2