I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
giphy.gif

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
This sucks. It's starting right when I have to go in and get my 2nd Covid shot.

Well hell. Guess I'll have something to look forward to when I get back, at least.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Don’t worry! A 3rd party stand with battery will be announced in 3.. 2.. 1.. Any day now!

Just hit the gym!
They're going to save it. I'll pass on pastel colored iMacs

iPad Pros got the M1 chip. I'll just go with that, or wait for the Fall event when they announce a bigger iMac

I'm waiting to read what is improved with the Apple TV, besides a possibly better remote.

Wait: The had a white or silver magic keyboard! Oooh!

Last edited:
U

User.45

iPad Pros got the M1 chip. I'll just go with that, or wait for the Fall event when they announce a bigger iMac

I'm waiting to read what is improved with the Apple TV, besides a possibly better remote.

A reasonable Apple TV remote!!!!!
Isn't it hilarious to get these huge landmark design updates which essentially just take us back to before Jhonny Ive lost his remaining sense of ergonomics?

U

User.45

Also, we have just witnessed the iPad Pro's becoming an actual potent, useful personal computer. That's really neat.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Also, we have just witnessed the iPad Pro's becoming an actual potent, useful personal computer. That's really neat.

iPad Pro is definitely calling for my wallet... I do need to upgrade from my almost ancient iPad Pro so at least I'm going to be in the market for one that has the M1 in it, whenever I finally succumb to the pitch. And I don't mind the size and heft of the thing since I'm not likely to be traveling with it.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

A12, faster refresh rates, new remote, but one of the coolest things:

You can use an iPhone and color calibrate your TV by way of your AppleTV, so it provides "pre-output" color calibration - that's badass, so many TVs are potentially excellent, but come with a terrible factory calibration, and not really any "pro grade" tools to correct, so you tweak a few things in the user menus, or call a pro service for $300 (who may still not have access to the service menus, etc.)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My gut tell me a new display tech, with a nice new physical design, but effectively a Mini All-in-One (in terms of performance / capacity).

My gut agrees with your gut.

Just as they did with the first batch of M1 machines, Apple will start with a baseline model just to get things started, let the first-adopters get their hands on it and also to appeal to those purchasers who really only need and want just a baseline model in the first place, are perfectly happy with a small-capacity SSD and 8 GB RAM.

High e-Five :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Just think, we're missing all the shitty anti-Apple, racist, uninformed spew over on MR ... maybe that fucker Huck will be liking all the posts calling out "Too much diversity".

U

User.45

iPad Pro is definitely calling for my wallet... I do need to upgrade from my almost ancient iPad Pro so at least I'm going to be in the market for one that has the M1 in it, whenever I finally succumb to the pitch. And I don't mind the size and heft of the thing since I'm not likely to be traveling with it.
The 12.9" keyboard is $350:D Insane... However, I have a 2017 iPad Pro and it's hands down the most versatile device I have. I've used it to read hundreds of papers, it's digital-analog audio converter is top notch, it's battery life is insane, and it survived my 3-year-old who uses is to learn how to (pretend how to) read on the regular. 4 years in.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
A12, faster refresh rates, new remote, but one of the coolest things:

You can use an iPhone and color calibrate your TV by way of your AppleTV, so it provides "pre-output" color calibration - that's badass, so many TVs are potentially excellent, but come with a terrible factory calibration, and not really any "pro grade" tools to correct, so you tweak a few things in the user menus, or call a pro service for $300 (who may still not have access to the service menus, etc.)
I just don't know if that's worth buying another one.

It's the same with my 2018 iPad Pro. The new ones got nice improvements, but none that make me want a different one than the one I have.

Strangely only the white Magic keyboard and Air tags for my mother got me interested.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I just don't know if that's worth buying another one.

It's the same with my 2018 iPad Pro. The new ones got nice improvements, but none that make me want a different one than the one I have.

Strangely only the white Magic keyboard and Air tags for my mother got me interested.

Sir, I'd like to ask you to please take you 4.20 event comments to the proper area. Thank you.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Find My... Mother

Sounds like a nice feature:D
You mean find her keys!

I don't know how many times she used to misplace them somewhere.

It's got to the point that when she goes out with me somewhere she just leaves her keys home by default.

If Tile had ever been allowed to be native, I wouldn't be looking at tags.

Top Bottom
1 2