MacBook Pro with the M1 processor

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
You mean find her keys!

I don't know how many times she used to misplace them somewhere.

It's got to the point that when she goes out with me somewhere she just leaves her keys home by default.

If Tile had ever been allowed to be native, I wouldn't be looking at tags.
¿Por qué no los dos?

One tag for the mother, one tag for her keys. So many problems solved.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
¿Por qué no los dos?

One tag for the mother, one tag for her keys. So many problems solved.
She's got a phone.

Just the one for the keys.

No need to break the bank. Just the $29

Leaves me money to convince myself if I need a new Apple TV or anything else. I know if I want something I better be up at 4AM to order, or it will back ordered until late July / early Sept

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I don't think that was there at the time I started posting.

Besides... PASTEL 24in iMacs!

200.gif

Hahaha, it wasn't :D Wife wants a purple :)

I was a kind of excited about the new KB, except it's not backlit, for-the-love-of-god, why Apple, why?

It's pretty much what a few folks said: same SOC as the existing M1 products, new FF, new display, 24" is a great general use size. Very slick cooling system, the new FaceTime camera tech is __killer__, and I know it's a minor thing, but the ethernet port in the power supply with a single cable is a beatiful, Apple touch.

Looks like 14-16" notebooks, 28-32" iMac, Mini Pro, will be the targets for the next gen M1 processor.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I’d love to completely miss the event in exchange for a 1st shot! 😁

Okay, I managed to gank a couple of vials while the pharmacists weren't looking. Thing is, they got hot in the car, so I dunno if they're still good or not.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Hahaha, it wasn't :D Wife wants a purple :)

I was a kind of excited about the new KB, except it's not backlit, for-the-love-of-god, why Apple, why?

It's pretty much what a few folks said: same SOC as the existing M1 products, new FF, new display, 24" is a great general use size. Very slick cooling system, the new FaceTime camera tech is __killer__, and I know it's a minor thing, but the ethernet port in the power supply with a single cable is a beatiful, Apple touch.

Looks like 14-16" notebooks, 28-32" iMac, Mini Pro, will be the targets for the next gen M1 processor.
In BLACK or Space gray for the love of pete!

That keyboard does seem great, but still begs the question why Apple won't allow face ID.

On your phone with masks you want touch ID, can't have it. On your home computer with no masks, you can get touch ID. o_O

On my Surface you had that Hello feature.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
In BLACK or Space gray for the love of pete!

That keyboard does seem great, but still begs the question why Apple won't allow face ID.

On your phone with masks you want touch ID, can't have it. On your home computer with no masks, you can get touch ID. o_O

On my Surface you had that Hello feature.

I really can't believe they at least didn't do the all "core" M1 colors, heck, they offer silver, it would be so sexy in space gray.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I really can't believe they at least didn't do the all "core" M1 colors, heck, they offer silver, it would be so sexy in space gray.
Yeah I did a double take when they said the more expensive version had more colors.

I looked & looked & thought oh Space Gray must be there.

NOPE!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's also weird that my i7 Mini is space gray, but the M1 is silver, but both the MBA and MBP M1s are available in silver, SG or even pink/gold ... [?]

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It's also weird that my i7 Mini is space gray, but the M1 is silver, but both the MBA and MBP M1s are available in silver, SG or even pink/gold ... [?]
I’ve heard a rumor that some people on this forum sticker-bomb their laptops to the extent that color hardly matters…. ;-)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’ve heard a rumor that some people on this forum sticker-bomb their laptops to the extent that color hardly matters…. ;-)

Hahaha, well, now we need pics :D

Our MBA is SG, but for the MBP the little G wanted silver, she actually wanted white, but said, silver was close enough (it does have an almost white sheen to it ...)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Hahaha, well, now we need pics :D

Our MBA is SG, but for the MBP the little G wanted silver, she actually wanted white, but said, silver was close enough (it does have an almost white sheen to it ...)
Might want to ask @JayMysteri0 if he has any insider info on this…

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 MBP that is still kicking. I hear a redesign is coming later this year and Im trying to talk myself out of wanting that since mine is perfectly fine right now LOL

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
An ORANGE iMac!!!!! Woot!!! I squealed when I saw that gorgeous color. Too bad that the specs don't meet my needs...... I've been done with iMacs since 2015, anyway. The colors of the new iMacs are pretty but it's too bad that they'll only be visible when looking at the back of the machines.....

I sure nailed it when I made my earlier predictions, didn't I? Yep, M1, basically just updating the baseline 21.5 Intel iMacs by putting in an M1 processor, subtracting some inches from the bezels, but sticking with just two Thunderbolt 4 ports and then also providing two legacy USB 3 ports..... And like the M1 Mac Mini, MBA and MBP, just two Thunderbolt 4 ports and also only a maximum of 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD storage..... Yessiree, I called that shot. I'm sure that a lot of people who were really anticipating the arrival of M1X and more powerful machines, plus a 30" or 32" display along with the 24" one are disappointed. That's not happening for a while yet but eventually those next-generation M silicon chips will be along, housed comfortably in even nicer versions of the current lineup of iMacs, MacBook Airs, MacBook Pros and Mac Minis.

That said, undoubtedly these new colorful 24" iMacs will make many people happy and I'll bet they'll fly off store shelves. iMacs, particularly the baseline level ones, have always been popular.

The new iPad Pro is very attractive and appealing but frankly, does way, way more than I'd ever need, and since my current 2018 12.9" one is still going strong, I'll just keep on trucking with that one for a while longer.... I've got my eyes, heart and mind fixated on a new Sony A1 camera body sometime in the next couple of months, so since there was nothing compelling for me offered by Apple today, my bank account and pocketbook are giving off huge sighs of relief, as are my iPads, iPhones and Macs, since nobody's going to be permanently leaving the household any time soon......

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I like to sticker bomb my stuff, but I buy a case and put them on that.
Might want to ask @JayMysteri0 if he has any insider info on this…
An earlier case before I got the Magic Keyboard
33994084738_dd7a796d6c_n.jpg

My Magic Keyboard with a cover on it, that I haven't bombed yet

49938225862_15ca603984.jpg

I'm a big fan of getting cases or covers, then having a party on those.

That way you can resell or trade in as better than good, or if you change your mind, switch cases.

Top Bottom
1 2