Put the goddamn photos in the order that I text them, Apple.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't get this. It defies logic (and tech). I couldn't tell you how many times I've texted a group of photos and whether they are in the order I took the photos or I select them in a certain order, Apple just decides to pick its own order they'll be sent. This may not be a big deal to most, but for me a lot of times its the stages of a project I'm working on. So I don't need somebody to see the start, the end, and then some intermediate step. Somebody needs to pay for this! Bring back Forstall so they can fire hime again!

B01L

SlackMaster
Reaction score
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe...
I don't get this. It defies logic (and tech). I couldn't tell you how many times I've texted a group of photos and whether they are in the order I took the photos or I select them in a certain order, Apple just decides to pick its own order they'll be sent. This may not be a big deal to most, but for me a lot of times its the stages of a project I'm working on. So I don't need somebody to see the start, the end, and then some intermediate step. Somebody needs to pay for this! Bring back Forstall so they can fire hime again!

Might Apple be organizing the pics alphabetically / numerically...?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I solved your problem. Find a Gen Z'er and have them teach you to text.

One picture/word/emoji and then hit send.

Rinse & repeat.

:ROFLMAO:

Have largely broken my daughter of this "style", at least when she texts me.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I solved your problem. Find a Gen Z'er and have them teach you to text.

One picture/word/emoji and then hit send.

Rinse & repeat.

:ROFLMAO:

Have largely broken my daughter of this "style", at least when she texts me.

I have a friend who likes to send texts in what I'll call haiku format.

Hey (send)
How's it going? (send)
Wanted to see (send)
if you wanted to grab (send)
something to eat after work (send)
?(send)
Let me know (send)
ttyl (send)

I guess why send 1 text when you can break it into 8.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Hey (send)
How's it going? (send)
Wanted to see (send)
?(send)
Let me know (send)
ttyl (send)

Good idea there… you can send each photo as a separate text

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

Hey (send)
How's it going? (send)
Wanted to see (send)
?(send)
Let me know (send)
ttyl (send)

Something similar happens on most online forums. People reach the end of the text box (on their screen) and manually add a linebreak before continuing. The smaller their screen, the more poetic it looks on a larger screen. Until you actually try to read the post.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good idea there… you can send each photo as a separate text

I've done that, but not only is it annoying for all involved, but half the time somebody will start sending text responses in the middle of the photostream and either you're ignoring them or breaking the flow of the photo "story" to respond.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Might Apple be organizing the pics alphabetically / numerically...?

Do they get put through virus scanning? Maybe they parcel that out and it ends up being in the order of size of the images or when they get done with each one.

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
I'd think if you numbered the file names sequentially, that might help. You'd have to handhold and tell the recipient that. I think the same problem exists in email, depending on which client/webmail service you use.

Apple Mail (Catalina) wouldn't let you set Edit | Attachments | "place attachments at the end of the message" permanently, but Big Sur does.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd think if you numbered the file names sequentially, that might help. You'd have to handhold and tell the recipient that. I think the same problem exists in email, depending on which client/webmail service you use.

Apple Mail (Catalina) wouldn't let you set Edit | Attachments | "place attachments at the end of the message" permanently, but Big Sur does.

There's no naming involved. I'm sending them directly from the Apple Photos app.

Top Bottom
1 2